Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colt Nesby Glasgow has passed away

1959Colts

He was a inspiring player for us.

I remember when I was stationed a Ft. Meade, MD to get so I can watch a Baltimore Colts game.  Then they moved to Indy and they remained my team.

I think telling a friend from the area we were talking about Nesby Glasgow while watching a game. I remember him say "he makes them pay" if catching a pass in his area.

I remember he made a hit on WR Art Monk, causing a fumble against the defending Super Bowl Champs Redskins,  Then we had a 4th and inches from inside our own 20 or something in the 1st quarter.  Coach Frank Kush went for it. We had 2 stud RB's in Curtis Dickey and Randy McMillan. We gave it to McMillan who went 80+ yards for a TD, but they called a nonsense penalty.  It was all downhill after that and we got blown out.  To make matters worst, our #1 draft pick OT Chris Hinton broke his leg in that game and was out for the rest of the year.

In another game, Nesby Glasgow put a hit on All-Pro WR Roy Green of the Cardinals, he was super WR and super fast.  Green was trying to make a diving catch but could not get to ball. Glasgow put a should into his head and fortunately it did not break his neck.  It was not a direct axial load blow but an angle show that jolted his head/neck sideways, blows to the head was not called for an illegal hit light the present.  Even the Cardinal players in their huddle was looking at Greens face and eyes to see if he was OK and fortunately he was. RB Otis Anderson was not to happy about it almost got into a fight after he ran the ball on the next play.

Glasgow was not a dirty play, he hit hard for his size and played within the rules.  Just thought I'd share a memory of him.  May he rest in peace. 

On 3/1/2020 at 1:48 AM, Caffrey said:

He was a inspiring player for us.

I remember when I was stationed a Ft. Meade, MD to get so I can watch a Baltimore Colts game.  Then they moved to Indy and they remained my team.

I think telling a friend from the area we were talking about Nesby Glasgow while watching a game. I remember him say "he makes them pay" if catching a pass in his area.

I remember he made a hit on WR Art Monk, causing a fumble against the defending Super Bowl Champs Redskins,  Then we had a 4th and inches from inside our own 20 or something in the 1st quarter.  Coach Frank Kush went for it. We had 2 stud RB's in Curtis Dickey and Randy McMillan. We gave it to McMillan who went 80+ yards for a TD, but they called a nonsense penalty.  It was all downhill after that and we got blown out.  To make matters worst, our #1 draft pick OT Chris Hinton broke his leg in that game and was out for the rest of the year.

In another game, Nesby Glasgow put a hit on All-Pro WR Roy Green of the Cardinals, he was super WR and super fast.  Green was trying to make a diving catch but could not get to ball. Glasgow put a should into his head and fortunately it did not break his neck.  It was not a direct axial load blow but an angle show that jolted his head/neck sideways, blows to the head was not called for an illegal hit light the present.  Even the Cardinal players in their huddle was looking at Greens face and eyes to see if he was OK and fortunately he was. RB Otis Anderson was not to happy about it almost got into a fight after he ran the ball on the next play.

Glasgow was not a dirty play, he hit hard for his size and played within the rules.  Just thought I'd share a memory of him.  May he rest in peace. 

Nice post. You must have one heck of a memory. He was one of my favorite players.

Archived