Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Javon Kinlaw won't work out at the combine - knee tendinitis

OK OK OK.  I'm gonna fangirl a little bit.

Just had a little ditty on Kinlaw, who won't work out but is on the field, and man this guy can play for my team any day.  For those that missed it, they said he has dealt with homelessness and he said he had many chances to "fall victim".  He said he didn't eat at college his first couple of days because he didn't have any money and he didn't realize that the food was included in his tuition.  Then the reporter said he told her that he realizes he is blessed and that sometimes he doesn't feel like he deserves "all of this".  I mean, how many times do you hear a guy in his position and at his age say something like that?  This guy seems pretty humble and built from the fire.  I don't think much is going to phase him at the next level.  Would love to have him.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:25 AM, DougDew said:

At this point, after the information rolls in and is beginning to season, I don't want either at 13.

Maybe Jeudy is the safest pick with which to surely upgrade a starting position....both immediately and long term....with also having all-pro upside if that works out. 

Agreed.  I said if we got 2 DT's and wr with our 1st 3 picks I would b very happy.  Say Lamb at 13.  Then 2 DL with our 2 2nd rounders.  I am not sure the value will b there to pick a DT at 13.  Especially with Kinlaw and his knee.  The LSU end at 13 could b an option.

11 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

This doesn’t look good at all. Players with injury concerns should be off the board. Jeudy and Lamb are now my first and second non QB options at 13. 

Love is obviously my fav option but would like Jeudy too.

He's easily the best NFL ready WR coming out this year. 

Guys... don't rush it. Seems like a lot of people are cooling off of Kinlaw because of this issue. Lets hear if it's serious to begin with. It might be nothing or easily correctable. I'd still be happy with Kinlaw at 13 if we don't go for QB. 

• Like 1