Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

GIants open to trading down

We should trade Grover Stewart and 13 for 4... Gettleman loves himself big defensive linemen. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

We should trade Grover Stewart and 13 for 4... Gettleman loves himself big defensive linemen. 

I don't think that will do it. At least we have to give up on one of our 2nd rd picks and probably a 3rd rounder. Plus a second rounder next year.

Remember our trade with the jets back then. It were only what, 3 spots and got 3 second round picks. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtsGermany said:

I don't think that will do it. At least we have to give up on one of our 2nd rd picks and probably a 3rd rounder. Plus a second rounder next year.

Remember our trade with the jets back then. It were only what, 3 spots and got 3 second round picks. 

I was kidding. 4 is such a weird place to trade for. If you trade to 4 you are practically trading for the 3d QB. IMO Miami probably will have enough ammunition to trade up to 3 for Tua(if they still like him). So the only reasonable option at 4 for us whoever of the other QBs we like best and we are worried someone else will snatch. 

Interesting because going back to his days in Carolina, Gettleman has never traded down in the 1st round. He either stays put or trades up. 

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

I was kidding. 4 is such a weird place to trade for. If you trade to 4 you are practically trading for the 3d QB. IMO Miami probably will have enough ammunition to trade up to 3 for Tua(if they still like him). So the only reasonable option at 4 for us whoever of the other QBs we like best and we are worried someone else will snatch. 

Unless they have Love or Herbert as the guys they want. I see your point if they were just settling. But if one of those two is who you want you try get up there so no one else gets them.

46 minutes ago, stitches said:

Please use the sarcasm smiley... Or anything else that gives a hint you're not serious on that :lol:

I'm sry:D

• Like 1

Probably just a giant smoke signal or smoke stack or smoke something. 

• Haha 1

If any trade is for a QB, it can't be done until draft day.  The Jets did it early with us because they were assured of getting one of the top 3 QBs.  Number 4 won't do it this year, and I'd wager DET will trade out of 3 pretty easily if all they want is a position player and will roll with Stafford.

MIA has plenty of ammo to leap from 5 to 3.  They'll take the second best QB, whomever they think that is.  They are not going to be locked in on Tua, or risk that someone that trades up to 4 will take him.  JMO.