Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love combine presser

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Nah, poor decision-making and misreading defenses lead to interceptions. Has nothing to do with his 'swag'. 

They go hand in hand usually.  Someone who thinks he can read defenses and throws the ball  when he can't read defenses is what causes picks.  Thinking he can when he can't is swag.

Winston has always had swag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, DougDew said:

They go hand in hand usually.  Someone who thinks he can read defenses and throws the ball  when he can't read defenses is what causes picks.  Thinking he can when he can't is swag.

I disagree... this is not what I think when I think of swag. You are describing poor decision-making. BTW I don't think Love is particularly swaggy. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Come on man....

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. There's also a difference between being self-aware enough to realize where you can improve and projecting an arrogance to compensate for insecurities in your abilities.

Love is showing a fun, confident attitude, but also that he's very self-aware and has a drive to improve. I'm seeing nothing similar to Winston with Love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

When Quenton Nelson was drafted, he said the Colts never showed they were explicitly interested in him, if I remember right.

Our pick is Justin Herbert. :) 

This is always the thing I have in the back of my mind.  It looks like we're interested and that makes me think it's a classic smoke screen/smoke signal/ smoke stack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Peyton threw a LOT of INTs his rookie year...and i've even seen him throw half a dozen in one game... if a QB doesnt have that confidence in himself, he needs to find a new job.

I'm not a huge Love fan, but have NO problem with swag/confidence.  It is how you learn and get better. Tom House even told Peyton to go out there and try to make plays...dont worry about INTs, he will eat the blame for those, but to keep working and keep throwing and getting better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Or go against the "no WR in the 1st round" crowd that includes me and draft Jerry Jeudy :) 

Hey! for what it's worth I am not one of those people who will hate on a WR at 13. Jeudy and Lamb really do look like the undisputed top 2 to me and I'd be happy to have one even if there is depth at WR in this draft. It's not my top choice, but you won't see me cry about it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mike Mayock just said the Raiders are open to moving on from Carr.  So hold on.  A long way to go.  

Yeah, smoke and mirrors and all that aside, it does seem very much like the Raiders would like a fresh look in Vegas. If we want Love and they don't get someone like Rivers or Brady, I'd be pretty concerned about where the Raiders go at No.12. But I could also see them rolling with Carr again and using that draft stock on the likes of Jeudy and more. I kind of don't get why they are so inclined to move on anyways. they can get so much better with carr.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Mahomes has a lot of swag. Not saying Love is Mahomes, but that I think swag isn't the reason someone throws 17 interceptions.

...and a lot of folks on here hate him for that. I am telling you, a lot of us probably grew up with/got used to the buttoned up Dungy and Peyton led Colts and Belichick/Brady led Patriots giving coach speak cliches that I see a lot of us having a hard time getting used to these new age "dabbing" players or those that play with some amount of swagger around them.

If they can walk the talk, more merry to them, I say. Either they have it or don't have it. If they wait till they have won a SB or two, and then start talking, some would still be hard on them, so they might as well talk while succeeding or failing by being themselves and not put on a veil for us to anoint them as conformists for our tastes. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Luck was a pick machine his whole career manning threw 26 rookie year . Great QBs take risks 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

...and a lot of folks on here hate him for that. I am telling you, a lot of us probably grew up with/got used to the buttoned up Dungy and Peyton led Colts and Belichick/Brady led Patriots giving coach speak cliches that I see a lot of us having a hard time getting used to these new age "dabbing" players or those that play with some amount of swagger around them.

If they can walk the talk, more merry to them, I say. Either they have it or don't have it. If they wait till they have won a SB or two, and then start talking, we'd still be hard on them, so they might as well talk while succeeding or failing by being themselves and not put on a veil for us to anoint them as conformists for our tastes. :) 

I just don't know why a viewer would hate on him. He's entertainment incarnate. I have a passion for football, obviously, but at the end of the day it's entertainment not a job. I love the storylines and I love the characters. And it's all unscripted... (probably 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Love is gonna be the best qb ever watch colts fans gonna be crying watching jacoby throw 100 passing yards a game going 8 and 8 while the team who took love goes to the superbowl 

A DT is more important though! Got to build around JB. Wait for these players to develop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Superfly said:

A DT is more important though! Got to build around JB. Wait for these players to develop. 

A dt is not gonna make the colts go to superbowl take one in early second round we have redskin pick around 34 overall two second rounders .  Jacoby is horrible with the best o line he runs after his first read cant throw on the run and is a Matt Cassel type qb . 

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

A dt is not gonna make the colts go to superbowl take one in early second round we have redskin pick around 34 overall two second rounders .  Jacoby is horrible with the best o line he runs after his first read cant throw on the run and is a Matt Cassel type qb . 

He was injured and his leadership can’t be replaced. 

Even if our defense improves we end up like the 06 bears at best . Or Vikings with case Keenum.   It's not 2001 anymore its impossible to play real defense top offensive teams are gonna start winning over defensive teams.  The 2012 Texans never scared me great defense goes 13 and 3 with game manager gets stomped first round of the playoffs .    Show me the last superbowl winner to win with only defense in last 20 years  only the Broncos  the eagles had Foles go nuts ravens had Flacco's go 11 tds to 0 picks  last superbowl team without a good qb was Tampa bay in 02