Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It’s official Eason will be a colt

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s a pretty self assured statement there haha. On a side note it does seem like he is picking up some steam lately.... If J love is not available then maybe him at 34?

Matt Miller

@nfldraftscout

·

1h

QUARTERBACK WATCH: Talked to a director of player personnel last night who said Jacob Eason will leave here a top 15 pick. #Bucs are a natural fit. #Colts could look at QBs in Round 1. And don't rule out trades up the board.

3 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

haha This is great! Lol

Honestly though, he has a lot of talent, just needs a bit of refinement. If Love isn’t at 34, he wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize at all

There is a very real possibility neither will be at 34. Don't forget all of the teams after us who are going to need a QB including NE. You don't wait on a QB, its one position that will always be overdrafted because it is the most important position on the team. The QB by far will win you more games single handedly than any other position. I understand the love for a guy like Kinlaw but he won't turn us from 7-9 to 11-5 and the playoffs no matter how good he is.

10 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

haha This is great! Lol

Honestly though, he has a lot of talent, just needs a bit of refinement. If Love isn’t at 34, he wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize at all

If a team can get this Eason, he would be a great addition.

If it's the Eason who spins around to his left every time there is pressure, then no thanks.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Teams are going to reach for QBs this year, and they should. Unless you’re a team that has a good chance bad next year (Lions, Giants, Jets, Chargers, maybe Dolphins) you can’t afford to wait till next year for a QB. You’d have to mortgage your future for Lawrence or Fields.

Buffalo and Baltimore have set the new blueprint for drafting QB’s. You don’t have to get the elite top tier #QB1 in the draft. You take a guy that has some flaws but because he fits what you want to do with your offense, you can mask some of that. That’s why I believe the Eason hype. He’ll go to the Bucs round 1 and Love might go to the Colts. Flawed prospects who can flourish with the right teams are the new wave.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

There is a very real possibility neither will be at 34. Don't forget all of the teams after us who are going to need a QB including NE. You don't wait on a QB, its one position that will always be overdrafted because it is the most important position on the team. The QB by far will win you more games single handedly than any other position. I understand the love for a guy like Kinlaw but he won't turn us from 7-9 to 11-5 and the playoffs no matter how good he is.

I agree, but it seems like we’ve lost a lot of games over the years because we couldn’t stop an average to below average QB on the other side!

3 hours ago, twfish said:

100% agree. QBs should be overdrafted. Especially if the team doing the “reaching” is a team that actually has a plan for them.

Like TJ Hous. said, how many of these guys are really busts, and how many just don’t go to the right system? We thought Tannehill was a bust but look what he’s done in Tennessee. Nick Foles was a Super Bowl MVP in Philly but looks lost in Jacksonville. 

You should always take a swing at the QB position. It just has to be calculated. We have a good coaching staff. All we have to do is find a QB that has what Reich wants and pull the trigger. I mean if Jacoby Brissett can go 7-9 with his teams, do we really think that Love, Herbert, or whoever can’t do better?

• 2 months later...

Archived