Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Pre-Combine Mock Draft

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-mock-draft-jerry-jeudy-new-york-giants-ceedee-lamb-arizona-cardinals

Colts get... 

13. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – OT JOSH JONES, HOUSTON

After Thomas and Wills, Jones is PFF's third-best offensive tackle and No. 14 overall player in the 2020 NFL Draft. With Anthony Castonzo's future with the franchise in question, the time to invest in talented offensive tackles is now for Indianapolis. Jones finished the 2019 season ranked second among all FBS offensive linemen with 400-plus offensive snaps in overall grade at 93.2. He also put on a show while playing multiple positions in the practices leading up to the 2020 Reese's Senior Bowl.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Not a sexy pick but no complaints from me whatsoever when you build the trenches. What happens in FA and on Day 2 and Day 3 of the draft for our skill positions will go a long way to determine the success of our off season to play winning football.

• Like 1

I don’t think this is a good class of left tackles.   Jones is my favorite.   The rest of the first round tackles I think are either right tackles, or guards.   Beckton, the massive left tackle at 370 pounds is just too big for my comfort level.   I like my tackles no bigger than 325, and I’d prefer smaller. 

So all in all, if we take an OT in the first I hope it’s Jones.   Otherwise, I’d rather wait until a later round, or even next year.   Especially if AC returns.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think this is a good class of left tackles.   Jones is my favorite.   The rest of the first round tackles I think are either right tackles, or guards.   Beckton, the massive left tackle at 370 pounds is just too big for my comfort level.   I like my tackles no bigger than 325, and I’d prefer smaller.   

So all in all, if we take an OT in the first I hope it’s Jones.   Otherwise, I’d rather wait until a later round, or even next year.   Especially if AC returns.

I agree, both times.

• Like 1

Man, that's a different mock but I could see the players falling that way. My only knack is that I doubt the Chargers pick Simmons when Herbert is there unless they absolutely wanted Tua or something. If we got Josh Jones, it's a smart pick especially when AC is considering retirement. We will need an OT either way, and prefer a good one.

I remember a few years ago when Ballard drafted Smith he said he was the last Guard on their board who they had rated as an immediate starter or something along those lines.  So I can see him drafting a lineman with the 1st pick either side of the ball.  We know how much he values the trenches.  FA is going to have a big impact on how the draft falls with this QB market the way it is and AC's situation with us.  So many possibilities.  I can't imagine how much work Ballard and his staff are putting in.  FA and the draft can't come fast enough.