Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
1959Colts

Jim Irsay to address Media Sunday 2:00pm

Recommended Posts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/22/jim-irsay-will-meet-with-the-media-on-sunday/

 

 

Quote

 

Jim Irsay will meet with the media on Sunday

 

Your Sunday afternoon could be getting a little more interesting.

The Colts have made it known that owner Jim Irsay will be available to the media tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. ET. According to the notice issued by the team, he will be discussing “the Colts, the NFL Scouting Combine and philanthropy”...

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the reporters don't give them all softball questions. Not that I think they'll answer much specifically, I just don't want another high level bland edition of coach/GM/owner speak. At least Irsay goofs up every once in a while and says what he feels, or what he's not supposed to say lol....

 

I've always wanted him to explain this....

 

CpDuDroWYAEdioe.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Maybe the team is moving to London.:hat:

Not funny, considering the past 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably will talk about the CBA, the possible changes that will be made. He’s done that in the past after major meetings with the other owners.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck coming back? Ok I am just joking but this will be interesting to here.

Ugh I know you’re joking  don’t get that started lol, the trolls will stop reading at the question mark and it’ll be a long morning haha

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe the team is moving to London.:hat:

They can't.   :hat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So yeah... seems like the NFL wants to take the combine away and make it a travelling show like the draft or move it to California... Seems like this is Jim's last effort to keep it in Indy. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Lol, this is funny. 

On Luck:

 

On AC:

^this last thing is somewhat encouraging... Sounds like AC might be back, but they are not done with the contract so... nothing to report right now. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the smokescreen part. So any rumors we hear are the ones that won’t happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stitches said:

AC again: 

 

 

Sounds like they are working on his contract. I bet it gets done next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love the smokescreen part. So any rumors we hear are the ones that won’t happen.

well... either that or...they will try to mask the real ones among countless fake ones. 

...

 

or... they want us to think a real one that's been leaked(Jordan Love wink-wink) is actually a smokescreen... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

well... either that or...they will try to mask the real ones among countless fake ones. 

...

 

or... they want us to think a real one that's been leaked(Jordan Love wink-wink) is actually a smokescreen... 

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

They would be stupid to sabotage any leverage they have by showing their hand before FA and the draft. The best thing for the Colts going forward until the draft is for other teams to not know what we want to do. Keep all options viable and believable. This is the case whatever they actually are thinking about doing, even if they actually want to stay with Jacoby. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim said we have 8 picks and we have needs.  We will put out smoke signals and see what happens.  Sounds like we will be making calls to see who is available and at what price.  So much for the Mack extension.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jim said we have 8 picks and we have needs.  We will put out smoke signals and see what happens.  Sounds like we will be making calls to see who is available and at what price.  So much for the Mack extension.

I am not sure he would just say yes we are working on Mack. I would need to see the video and how he said it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

He said smoke signals not smokescreens.   Big difference 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny he mentioned smokescreens then  the next thing he does is praise Jacoby.  But he did say almost options as far as QB are open. 

He did say smoke screen.   He said smoke signals.  Two very different things 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He did NOT say smoke screen.   He said smoke signals.  Two very different things 

 

Fixed it for you.

Really this time. Not being a smart *.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he talks about having 8 picks (IOW extra picks) and having needs, it tends to imply that they are thinking about using the extra pick(s) to trade for a vet.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sounds like they are working on his contract. I bet it gets done next week.

I’m sorry,  but I don’t think it sounds at all like they’re working on a contract.   That would imply AC has told them he’s coming back.   And I don’t think AC has done that.

 

What it sounds to me...   is that AC is leaning toward coming back.  That Irsay feels confident enough in what he’s heard to say what he did publicly.  
 

I wouldn’t expect the contract part to be all that hard.   It’s the yes or no to coming back that has been the hardest part.

 

Thats my read.   Your mileage may very. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sorry,  but I don’t think it sounds at all like they’re working on a contract.   That would imply AC has told them he’s coming back.   And I don’t think AC has done that.

 

What it sounds to me...   is that AC is leaning toward coming back.  That Irsay feels confident enough in what he’s heard to say what he did publicly.  
 

I wouldn’t expect the contract part to be all that hard.   It’s the yes or no to coming back that has been the hardest part.

 

Thats my read.   Your mileage may very. 

You realize they aren’t going going to say he is coming back until he is signed. Jim is a positive person so maybe that is all it was. WE will find out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You realize they aren’t going going to say he is coming back until he is signed. Jim is a positive person so maybe that is all it was. WE will find out soon.

To your first sentence I think that’s a big...  maybe.   You might think that’s the logical play, but sometimes things leak out.  Remember Luck?

 

Sometimes the news comes from the agent or the player.  Drew Brees just announced he’s coming back next year and he doesn’t have a contract yet.  Stuff happens. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay: JB is on the rise and should be given time to develop. 

 

Colts fans: If Ballard doesnt do anything about the QB position he will be on the hot seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Irsay: JB is on the rise and should be given time to develop. 

 

Colts fans: If Ballard doesnt do anything about the QB position he will be on the hot seat. 

 

Irsay said good things about everyone, and talked about options for everything. 

 

Not doing anything about the QB situation alone doesn't put Ballard on the hot seat. But, having a 3rd losing season in 2020 out of his four years would warm it up, and create a hot seat situation in 2021 if he fails to make changes again, and things don't get better.

 

IMO, Irsay said exactly what I thought he would. And it amounted to almost nothing. The only real news was that the talk of Mack's extension were false, and one might glean that AC is likely to come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Irsay said good things about everyone, and talked about options for everything. 

 

Not doing anything about the QB situation alone doesn't put Ballard on the hot seat. But, having a 3rd losing season in 2020 out of his four years would warm it up, and create a hot seat situation in 2021 if he fails to make changes again, and things don't get better.

 

IMO, Irsay said exactly what I thought he would. And it amounted to almost nothing. The only real news was that the talk of Mack's extension were false, and one might glean that AC is likely to come back.

 

How long was Lewis a HC for the bengals? My point is fans are wrong 90% of the time. You can say his seat will be warm. Others his seat hot. doesnt mean they're right. I'm basing my opinion on irsays past actions of patience. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Irsay: JB is on the rise and should be given time to develop. 

 

Colts fans: If Ballard doesnt do anything about the QB position he will be on the hot seat. 

I don’t think not addressing the QB will put him on the hot seat.  But if he doesn’t address it and Jacoby doesn’t improve he will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As colt fans we should feel lucky we have such a great owner. He has such a good relationship with BAllard and Reich. He wants to win so bad. I am confident with these three we will win a SB again once we get the QB situation figure don’t put.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

 

Irsay said good things about everyone, and talked about options for everything. 

 

Not doing anything about the QB situation alone doesn't put Ballard on the hot seat. But, having a 3rd losing season in 2020 out of his four years would warm it up, and create a hot seat situation in 2021 if he fails to make changes again, and things don't get better.

 

IMO, Irsay said exactly what I thought he would. And it amounted to almost nothing. The only real news was that the talk of Mack's extension were false, and one might glean that AC is likely to come back.

Normally I’d agree, but I think Jim realizes that Ballard started with a tougher spot and has dealt with more set backs than any other GM we’ve had since the colts came to Indy 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

How long was Lewis a HC for the bengals? My point is fans are wrong 90% of the time. You can say his seat will be warm. Others his seat hot. doesnt mean they're right. I'm basing my opinion on irsays past actions of patience. 

Using anything "Bengals" as a roadmap or example is probably not the best strategy or model lol.. I'd say based on their history, they have lower expectations. And Lewis was a coach, not a GM. Coaches are paid to coach, GMs are paid to make decision that enable a winning product on the field. 

 

If you're drawing on Irsay's past actions, Grigson went 11-5 three years in a row, and 8-8 twice. Never a losing season, won the AFCS twice, and he lasted 5 years. 

 

Again, not saying rolling with JB in itself warms his seat. Rolling with JB and not winning/improving will. Attendance drops will. It's simply business. He gets a break for 2017 and 2019 due to Luck's absence. There are no excuses in 2020 if he stands pat. There is somewhat of a built in excuse if he chooses to go the rookie QB way, but not if he stands pat.

50 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Normally I’d agree, but I think Jim realizes that Ballard started with a tougher spot and has dealt with more set backs than any other GM we’ve had since the colts came to Indy 

He gets a pass for 2019 no doubt. Not for 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

As colt fans we should feel lucky we have such a great owner. He has such a good relationship with BAllard and Reich. He wants to win so bad. I am confident with these three we will win a SB again once we get the QB situation figure don’t put.

 

Mr. Irsay's heart is in the right place, always has been, but it was his heart that keep the dumpster fire of Grigson and Pagano around way too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Using anything "Bengals" as a roadmap or example is probably not the best strategy or model lol.. I'd say based on their history, they have lower expectations. And Lewis was a coach, not a GM. Coaches are paid to coach, GMs are paid to make decision that enable a winning product on the field. 

 

If you're drawing on Irsay's past actions, Grigson went 11-5 three years in a row, and 8-8 twice. Never a losing season, won the AFCS twice, and he lasted 5

years. 

 

Again, not saying rolling with JB in itself warms his seat. Rolling with JB and not winning/improving will. Attendance drops will. It's simply business. He gets a break for 2017 and 2019 due to Luck's absence. There are no excuses in 2020 if he stands pat. There is somewhat of a built in excuse if he chooses to go the rookie QB way, but not if he stands pat.

He gets a pass for 2019 no doubt. Not for 2020.

 

I'm not using them as a model. I'm saying the fans thought he should be gone and the bengals kept him anyways. The fans thought his seat was hot for years. I fail to see how that's using them as a road map. even without explaining myself ita not using them as a road map. Just because I mention that team doesnt make them a road map. 

 

Several fans think Ballards seat should be hot of he doesnt address the QB position at all this draft/FA. Personally speaking, when it comes to the QB position, irsay is very involved in that aspect of the team. So whoever the Colts want at Qb irsay is there heavily involved. I'm not worried. irsay will be here the next 5 years. Book it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Exactly.   Coaches are going to play it close-to-the-vest because that's what has worked.  From Lombardi, to Noll, to Walsh, to Jimmy Johnson, to Belichick, to any coach coaching today.  They're going to "play the game" with what they say, because that's how it has to be played.   You can call it "easy" or "lazy", but ask yourself this:  no coach has had as much success as Belichick has had over the last two decades... as in, like EVER.  No coach has won 6 s.  Yet, he still spits the same media-friendly (un-friendly depending on your stance) rhetoric... WHY?  Why doesn't Belichick just start speaking his mind the way you think he should?  He's earned the right, right?   It's because calling things "honestly" to the media just doesn't work.  Ask any successful athlete or coach in any major sport.  You speak differently to the media than you do to your teammates.  We're not privileged enough to hear those words because we're not part of the team.  Simple as that.  
    • I won't tell as long you don't tell people that just because a team won does not mean the QB was playing well.   Personally, I have no problem if Rivers throws for 200 yards and the Colts win.  because I know that Rovers can throw for 300 or 400 yards if needed to win the game.  The guy he replaced did not provide that same confidence.
    • My response was that you have to look past coachspeak and that Reich specifically is not alone in doing that.  He's basically just like everyone else in that regard.   To your point...  I think there's room to be more genuine about it than coaches are in this current and touchy-feely era.  Probably the most glaring this offseason was Gurley and the Rams played it that way to avoid negative press.  But they've been covering for him and denying the reality for a while now, that they made a grievous error paying him early.  Teams have taken notice too and RB contracts will inevitably follow.  But in the way it was done I think it would have been ok to say what the problem was (they never really did that and are one of the more tight-lipped teams in that way).  It would have been ok to say he wasn't happy with carries and/or whatever his physical ailment was (I followed this situation closely btw and he cost me a fantasy championship).   It's just the easy route, the lazy route IMO, to resort to talking guys up while on the other hand the business move tells a whole different story.  But the NFL is a copycat league so at some point a head coach may come along who will do that while sustaining wins and next thing you know there would be a new group of guys calling it honestly.
    • Will Hooker play below average or return to form?  Is Wills ready for a starting role?  Is Rhodes going to continue to decline?  Can Rock Ya Sun continue to build on his improved play in the 2nd half of the season.  Who is playing defensive end?  Will Turray bounce back from a season ending injury or need the year to acclimate himself.  Will Lewis ever make an appearance? Is Banogu ready for more playing time?      We are good at linebacker so not a question at every level. I think we have a pro bowler in the making in Okereke. 
    • I feel bad for anyone trying to keep count.     I love @Jared Cisneros and @Chloe6124, but their opinion/take changes like the coming and going of the tide.  (or as the tweeters tweet)  One minute they're on the same boat as everyone else, then all-of-a-sudden, they're on an island all by themselves defending an undefendable stance...  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...