Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like the season ticket bills are coming

deedub75

This is my last year of my 5 year club seat contract. I definitely will not be renewing them. The hassle of going to Colts games has eroded some of the joy of attending them.

A few short years ago I was able to get to and from a game rather quickly. Granted, I was living on the south side of Indy and it would take me roughly 20 minutes to get to the stadium and get parked. I live in Fishers now and so it’s about 40 minutes to get to the stadium which is still not bad. I could leave my house in Fishers at 11:30am and still get there in time to park and grab a quick bite before the game started. I also could leave the game and get out of the parking area with relative ease. 

Over the last couple of years, the city has basically shut down nearly every road to where there are only one or two roads in and out of the stadium. I now have to leave my house at 11:00am to have any hope of seeing the 1:00pm kickoff. There’s usually no one directing traffic out of the parking most days so it’s complete gridlock and even exits to the highways are blocked. When I have my kids with me we end up leaving early to beat the traffic. I never used to do this and I see a lot of people doing it now. If I stay for the entire game I won’t get back home until maybe 5:30 or 6:00. It’s all about pedestrian safety but due to my disability I can’t park far away and walk like I used to. 

Oh, and these club seats are expensive as hell!!  Maybe I’ll move out of the club seats and renew but I haven’t decided yet. 

At what point is it not worth it and just stay home and watch games? This is completely normal and a lot of families have the same attitude. I wouldnt be surprised to see teams start streaming their own games at which you can pay and subscribe to. The way of the world is changing. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

At what point is it not worth it and just stay home and watch games? This is completely normal and a lot of families have the same attitude. I wouldnt be surprised to see teams start streaming their own games at which you can pay and subscribe to. The way of the world is changing. 

It’s gotten to that point with me.  Well, at least at the club seat prices. I may go back to the regular seats and see how I feel. I used to be one section outside of the club section and always wanted to get in there. Once I moved in there I really enjoyed it. I had 3 seats then and now have 5. 

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

This is my last year of my 5 year club seat contract. I definitely will not be renewing them. The hassle of going to Colts games has eroded some of the joy of attending them.

A few short years ago I was able to get to and from a game rather quickly. Granted, I was living on the south side of Indy and it would take me roughly 20 minutes to get to the stadium and get parked. I live in Fishers now and so it’s about 40 minutes to get to the stadium which is still not bad. I could leave my house in Fishers at 11:30am and still get there in time to park and grab a quick bite before the game started. I also could leave the game and get out of the parking area with relative ease. 

Over the last couple of years, the city has basically shut down nearly every road to where there are only one or two roads in and out of the stadium. I now have to leave my house at 11:00am to have any hope of seeing the 1:00pm kickoff. There’s usually no one directing traffic out of the parking most days so it’s complete gridlock and even exits to the highways are blocked. When I have my kids with me we end up leaving early to beat the traffic. I never used to do this and I see a lot of people doing it now. If I stay for the entire game I won’t get back home until maybe 5:30 or 6:00. It’s all about pedestrian safety but due to my disability I can’t park far away and walk like I used to. 

Oh, and these club seats are expensive as hell!!  Maybe I’ll move out of the club seats and renew but I haven’t decided yet. 

Yeah you are the man I have to admit having season club seat tickets every year for years. You have really forked out a lot of money. When Peyton got drafted in 1998, I just basically went to 2 or 3 games a year with 3 friends of mine a year. We would pick 2 or 3 games a year to go to and get 4 tickets. Eat at St Elmo and make it a Sunday. We did that actually up until 2013 into the Luck era but my friends and I parted ways, one got married and one moved to Florida and I haven't been to a game since the 2013 season. Last game I went to, we smoked the Texans 25-3 in 2013. We won the division that season. I have been to around 50 games, sounds like you have been to over 100 :thmup:. Downtown can be a pain in the butt to drive around in so I don't blame you if you don't renew tickets. I enjoy staying at home watching the Colts and all the games in my recliner now days. I have my 6 pack, Pizza, and no crowds to deal with. 

What was the best game you ever attended? I was at the 2009 Patriots game, Sunday night when we won 35-34. That was my favorite. I partied my butt off that night, man that was a fun night!

• Like 2

For this particular year, it's probably only worth going if you have kids, as most of them aren't stat and analytic geeks and will enjoy the game regardless. I can't imagine being at a Colts home game last season. I won't even watch on TV this year if Brissett is the starting QB again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

For this particular year, it's probably only worth going if you have kids, as most of them aren't stat and analytic geeks and will enjoy the game regardless. I can't imagine being at a Colts home game last season. I won't even watch on TV this year if Brissett is the starting QB again.

I just like staying at home anymore anyway but I am old fart lmao . See above I used to go to games all the time. Before Peyton I even went to a few games with my parents or friends when I was young. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph at the SD game I went to in 1996. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What a huge fan you must be

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you are the man I have to admit having season club seat tickets every year for years. You have really forked out a lot of money. When Peyton got drafted in 1998, I just basically went to 2 or 3 games a year with 3 friends of mine a year. We would pick 2 or 3 games a year to go to and get 4 tickets. Eat at St Elmo and make it a Sunday. We did that actually up until 2013 into the Luck era but my friends and I parted ways, one got married and one moved to Florida and I haven't been to a game since the 2013 season. Last game I went to, we smoked the Texans 25-3 in 2013. We won the division that season. I have been to around 50 games, sounds like you have been to over 100 :thmup:. Downtown can be a pain in the butt to drive around in so I don't blame you if you don't renew tickets. I enjoy staying at home watching the Colts and all the games in my recliner now days. I have my 6 pack, Pizza, and no crowds to deal with. 

What was the best game you ever attended? I was at the 2009 Patriots game, Sunday night when we won 35-34. That was my favorite. I partied my butt off that night, man that was a fun night!

My very first Colts game was the 2010 AFCCG (2009 season).  I wasn’t living here nor was I a season ticket holder then. I was hooked.

My favorite game is probably the 2014 (2013 season) wildcard game vs KC. My son and I almost left earlier because we we getting blown out but we decided to stick it out. Boy was it worth it!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I sold a lot of my tickets last season and went to the games when I had seats that didn’t sell. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

My very first Colts game was the 2010 AFCCG (2009 season).  I wasn’t living here nor was I a season ticket holder then. I was hooked.

My favorite game is probably the 2014 (2013 season) wildcard game vs KC. My son and I almost left earlier because we we getting blown out but we decided to stick it out. Boy was it worth it!

I have been to 1 playoff game that was when we smoked Denver in 2004 49-24. So that is even off my Colts bucket list haha

31 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I sold a lot of my tickets last season and went to the games when I had seats that didn’t sell. 

Have you ever been to a road Colts game? I have been to 1, that was in 2004 also. I went to see the Colts play at Bears in Chicago. Of course we smoked them :banana:. I took a road trip with my friends for that one, that was fun. In 2004 I think I went to like 5 games total counting the playoff game and road game, that was the most of any year. Peyton's 49 TD season.

Call me a romantic, but I still love going to the games and feeling the energy.  Love taking my wife to a different downtown restaurant for pregame and chilling out after the game waiting for traffic to thin out.  I do skip the preseason games, but I’m in the zone for 8 Sunday’s a year.  Have been for the past 21 years!  I do understand the sentiment however.  Used to love going to concerts, but as I get older, my thoughts have changed from the excitement of the band to worrying about the hassle of getting in and out of the venue.  Luckily, I haven’t reached that point with the Colts!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, deedub75 said:

You should send this right away to Irsay.    Seriously, not kidding. 

You’re his customer.   In a manner of speaking, he’s in the customer service business.   Send it to the Colts, attention Jim Irsay.   Hopefully the secretary reads it and puts it in Irsay’s desk.   

If you don’t hear back in 2-3 weeks then send it AGAIN!  Not kidding.   Get his attention!

I’d like to think you’ll hear back from.... someone!

Hope you’ll do this and I hope you’ll report back to us!

NCF

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Have you ever been to a road Colts game? I have been to 1, that was in 2004 also. I went to see the Colts play at Bears in Chicago. Of course we smoked them :banana:. I took a road trip with my friends for that one, that was fun. In 2004 I think I went to like 5 games total counting the playoff game and road game, that was the most of any year. Peyton's 49 TD season.

I went to watch the Colts play in Denver in 2014 I believe. Thoroughly enjoyed it even though we lost. I also attended the Super Bowl vs the Saints. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re his customer.   In a manner of speaking, he’s in the customer service business.   Send it to the Colts, attention Jim Irsay.   Hopefully the secretary reads it and puts it in Irsay’s desk.   

If you don’t hear back in 2-3 weeks then send it AGAIN!  Not kidding.   Get his attention!

NCF

There is a long list to get club seats.   He won't get a response.  Lol

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would imagine that is dwindling year by year. I would like to see the loss of season ticket holders in the past 2-3 years and how much it will decline this year. The T.V broadcast is great and free if you have an antenna. They really rake you over the coals with food and drink prices. Plus the hassle of even finding a parking spot that inst going to cost you 20 bucks and a mile away from the stadium. For a half decent seat you are looking at 125-200 bucks, $10 for a sandwich, $8 for a beer, $20 for parking plus gridlock traffic and mass confusion on where to go to get on the highway. It is something to do once or twice a year but unless you live close to the stadium I am not sure how season ticket holders do it. I haven't even spoken of the decline of the team since Luck left. Also I am not sure if I am the only one who feel this way but the commercials on T.V and the Radio seem very cheaply done. Like I am pretty sure I have seen better and more professional commercials from colleges. Sorry @jvan1973 Only like two of the sentences had anything to do with what you said and then i went on a tangent lol

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You may be entirely right.   But I wouldn't bet on that.

These days, teams in all sports typically want to know if their fans are enjoying their game day expereince.   Besides wins and losses,  do fans enjoy the stadium,  are the hot dogs hot and the cold beer cold?    Are they surrounded by loud, obnoxious drunks,  do they have to stand in line to use the bathroom?   Do they like the halftime show?    Can they get in and house of the stadium facility with ease?

If the letter never gets to Irsay,  that's fine.   But I wouldn't be surprised if there is one person, maybe more,  in charge of the "game day experience."    That person works with the stadium and local authorities.   I'd hope those people would get the letter.    The owner of a successful company does not want to take their customers (fans) for granted.   Especially during a tough rebuild period.

Just a different perspective....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Breeze said:

Call me a romantic, but I still love going to the games and feeling the energy.  Love taking my wife to a different downtown restaurant for pregame and chilling out after the game waiting for traffic to thin out.  I do skip the preseason games, but I’m in the zone for 8 Sunday’s a year.  Have been for the past 21 years!  I do understand the sentiment however.  Used to love going to concerts, but as I get older, my thoughts have changed from the excitement of the band to worrying about the hassle of getting in and out of the venue.  Luckily, I haven’t reached that point with the Colts!

I respect that. Glad we have fans like you! As I posted above I have been to around 50 home games total since the team moved to Indy in 1984. Mostly great memories. Most were in the Peyton era, a few in the Luck era. I was also lucky enough to see Dickerson a couple of times back in the 80's and Harbaugh a couple of times when he was here in the 90's. I am just older now and don't want to mess with crowds or traffic anymore. Paying for over priced food and beer too. I ate at St Elmo after most games but loved to drink beer at games and beer was expensive. I just have everything at home I need now. Laptop, big screen TV, and I can buy a 6 pack for as much as 1 beer cost at a game. If my old gang of friends were still around they could probably talk me into going to a game but like I posted above, 1 got married and just spends time with his wife and another friend of mine moved to Florida. So those days are done for me. One of the best times I actually had was the away game we went to in 2004 at Chicago. We stayed that Saturday night and got drunk and some Irish Pub downtown Chicago until like 5am, bars stay open late there. Then we went to the game that Sunday (hungover). It was fun though.

18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What a huge fan you must be

I'm a Colts fan yes, not a glutton for punishment. Watching this team with Brissett as QB is the equivalent of being in an abusive relationship. I know what it is, I know he's bad, and I'm getting out as soon as possible. Just like an abuser isn't worth a women's time, Brissett isn't worth my time and money.

My joy of going to games has diminished over the years.  Back in 2005, we had three of us at work go in for four season seats.  Had a schedule where each of us got a game with all four seats, some with three, some with two, etc.  Worked out pretty well!  Anymore, it's an all-day pain in the butt to get downtown, find a place to park, get to the stadium, sit in narrow seats (I'm no longer a small guy, but I guess it's better than the benches in the hoosier dome), overpay for food and drink, and negotiate traffic to get home.  I did attend one game this year.  Lucky it was a win!  However, usually you'll find me at B-Dub's at 116th and Olio for the games!

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Are you sure about that?  Last year they were having trouble selling them. I have 5 seats but they are not on the same row. I have 3 on one row and 2 directly in front of those. The guy who owned the seats next to me told me he wasn’t renewing his seats if I wanted them. The usher in my section also told me that many in his section weren’t renewing.

I called after invoices went out last year and his seats we’re still open. I wanted to take 3 of his 4 seats but they wouldn’t let me because they didn’t want to leave the 1 seat. Kind of ticked me off but I get it I guess. There were numerous club seat tickets for sale by the team at face value at every game last year which means no one owned those seats.  

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

NCF

They send out surveys and I’ve expressed on them. I don’t know how much control the team has over how the city controls the traffic. They are trying to protect the drunk pedestrians. In the past I’ve had a drunk pedestrian walk into my car!  What they’ve done seems like overkill now.