Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sleeper Free Agents

27 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Who are some less talked about free agents that you would like to sign? I like Kendall Fuller and Leonard Williams, although I'm not sure how well Williams fits our scheme. 

Not necessarily my choices — or particularly under the radar — but here’s who I think Ballard might be interested in:

- Maliek Collins: Young, good pass rusher (top five in pass rush win rate according to Next Gen Stats), can play 1 or 3T, played in pretty much the same system Eberflus runs while in Dallas, shouldn’t be unaffordable.

-Shelby Harris: Productive, good pass rusher, can play 1 or 3T, shouldn’t be unaffordable, seems like a Ballard guy (7th rounder who was cut by multiple teams but worked his way up to a starter for Denver).

-Derek Wolfe

-Nelson Agholor - Had his best season under Reich and Groh in Philadelphia, by all accounts is a good locker room guy, should be pretty cheap.

Other than those guys, maybe a veteran TE like Tyler Eifert or Vance McDonald for depth (I think Hunter Henry gets franchised and Austin Hooper probably ends up way overpaid).

I could also see a vet NT with a little more pass rush talent/potential (Mike Daniels?) to rotate with Stewart and/or a base end (Carl Nassib, Quinton Jefferson?) if they want to move on from Sheard.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BSteph1 said:

Not necessarily my choices — or particularly under the radar — but here’s who I think Ballard might be interested in:

- Maliek Collins: Young, good pass rusher (top five in pass rush win rate according to Next Gen Stats), can play 1 or 3T, played in pretty much the same system Eberflus runs while in Dallas, shouldn’t be unaffordable.

-Shelby Harris: Productive, good pass rusher, can play 1 or 3T, shouldn’t be unaffordable, seems like a Ballard guy (7th rounder who was cut by multiple teams but worked his way up to a starter for Denver).

-Derek Wolfe

-Nelson Agholor - Had his best season under Reich and Groh in Philadelphia, by all accounts is a good locker room guy, should be pretty cheap.

Other than those guys, maybe a veteran TE like Tyler Eifert or Vance McDonald for depth (I think Hunter Henry gets franchised and Austin Hooper probably ends up way overpaid).

I could also see a vet NT with a little more pass rush talent/potential (Mike Daniels?) to rotate with Stewart and/or a base end (Carl Nassib, Quinton Jefferson?) if they want to move on from Sheard.

Just my two cents.

I almost said Agholor but those hands scare me. Drops haven't scared the Colts in the past with Ebron and Funchess so I can see him being a realistic signing. Good list

Jordan Phillips - DT - Late of the Dolphins 2nd Round Pick) and the Bills. 6'6" and 324 pounds that will clog up the middle and push the pocket. Same capabilities as a lot of the "bigger" names but likely at a cheaper cost.

Breshad Perriman - WR - Former 1st Round pick that will be on team number 4 with this next contract. Finally started balling out with the Bucs last year. Has all the measurables but the label as a bust will keep the price tag down. 6'2" and 209 - Dad is Brett Perriman so the pedigree is there too.

Eli Apple - CB - Just started showing signs of his 1st Round pedigree with the Saints. Ballards typical measurables at 6'1" and 200 with 32 inch arms. Corners never come cheap but with bigger 'names' out there he would be an under the radar target.

Sidenote......with Wilson not dressing as a CB last year due to not playing ST's, I believe he will become the 4th safety behind Willis as Geathers replacement. A good coaching staff will find a way for talent to get on the field and help the team. Besides, with Desir, Rock, Tell and Moore and either a FA or Rookie the defensive backs room is pretty solid.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Jordan Phillips - DT - Late of the Dolphins 2nd Round Pick) and the Bills. 6'6" and 324 pounds that will clog up the middle and push the pocket. Same capabilities as a lot of the "bigger" names but likely at a cheaper cost.

Breshad Perriman - WR - Former 1st Round pick that will be on team number 4 with this next contract. Finally started balling out with the Bucs last year. Has all the measurables but the label as a bust will keep the price tag down. 6'2" and 209 - Dad is Brett Perriman so the pedigree is there too.

Eli Apple - CB - Just started showing signs of his 1st Round pedigree with the Saints. Ballards typical measurables at 6'1" and 200 with 32 inch arms. Corners never come cheap but with bigger 'names' out there he would be an under the radar target.

Sidenote......with Wilson not dressing as a CB last year due to not playing ST's, I believe he will become the 4th safety behind Willis as Geathers replacement. A good coaching staff will find a way for talent to get on the field and help the team. Besides, with Desir, Rock, Tell and Moore and either a FA or Rookie the defensive backs room is pretty solid.

No thank on Eli Apple. Not unless he divorces his mom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1