Indianapolis Colts
BleedBlue4Shoe86

Lost in Carr News

On 2/23/2020 at 5:12 PM, NannyMcafee said:

After watching Grigson suck for years with Andrew Luck and you still believe that. 

To be fair look at Grigsons record. I actually like that Irsay doesn’t have knee jerk reactions and quickly fires people. He even mentioned how he lets his GM and coach make mistakes because that is how they learn.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be fair look at Grigsons record. I actually like that Irsay doesn’t have knee jerk reactions and quickly fires people. He even mentioned how he lets his GM and coach make mistakes because that is how they learn.

People only learn from mistakes when they realize they made mistakes. Once acknowledged, they need to take "pride of ownership" for their mistakes, and critically analyze why the mistakes were made. Most are ashamed of mistakes, and try to sweep them under the carpet, or blame someone else. The worst case scenario is when people are oblivious to their mistakes and think they are doing a great job. I can think of a past coach / GM combination that fits that criteria.

47 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes, so why would Ballards seat become hot when irsay shows his patience and preaches his own patience? This seat being warm hot wet dry, is all fan talk. Ballards record is horrible compared to Grigson but that doesnt tell the story here. Beyond the 2012 draft, Grigson didnt have very much draft success. 

Fans are scared of not having a QB that they trust. I get it. But that's not a reason to lose patience in an instant gratification world that we live in. 

If I remember correctly, people were calling for Grigsons and Paganos head for 2 years before it happened. Therefore, fans thinking Ballards seat will be hot if he doesnt address the QB in a significant way, are at least 2 years off. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, Dingus McGirt said:

Write it down.  Brissett will get another 3-5 year contract from the Colts.

I wrote it down,   now what?

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I wrote it down,   now what?

Refer back to this prediction when it happens.  Then, post a congratulatory note to me.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Refer back to this prediction when it happens.  Then, post a congratulatory note to me.

I already threw it in the garbage.   It's not happening

To my count pundits believe the Colts might be linked or interested in starting:

Philip Rivers

Tom Brady

Teddy Bridgewater

Derek Carr

Jordan Love

Jacob Eason

Jalen Hurts

Samuel Langhorn Chism II

Cole McDonald

Wayne Brady

Nick Foles

Chad Kelly

A Pretty Rock

Tim Tebow

Anthony Gordon

Sean Astin 

Jake From State Farm

The New Jake from State Farm 

Jake Fromm

Patrick Star

Dolph Lundgren 

A Jar of Pickles

Andrew Luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

To my count pundits believe the Colts might be linked or interested in starting:

Philip Rivers

Tom Brady

Teddy Bridgewater

Derek Carr

Jordan Love

Jacob Eason

Jalen Hurts

Samuel Langhorn Chism II

Cole McDonald

Wayne Brady

Nick Foles

Chad Kelly

A Pretty Rock

Tim Tebow

Anthony Gordon

Sean Astin 

Jake From State Farm

Jake Fromm

Patrick Star

Dolph Lundgren 

A Jar of Pickles

Andrew Luck

Not really interested in the New Jake. Overrated and likely too expensive given his production. I know, I know... He doesn't throw a lot of INTs, but being a "safe" guy isn't the only thing we should be looking for. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not really interested in the New Jake. Overrated and likely too expensive given his production. I know, I know... He doesn't throw a lot of INTs, but being a "safe" guy isn't the only thing we should be looking for. 

Agreed. Definitely overrated. Not as overrated as A Jar of Pickles, though. Too much height and durability concerns for me. Good style though, zesty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Any opportunity to stick it to JB, -eh? Well played!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

Agreed. Definitely overrated. Not as overrated as A Jar of Pickles, though. Too much height and durability concerns for me. Good style though, zesty.

Nah man, I'll take the Pickles any day over a lot of those on the list. 

• Like 1

Jon Gruden gave Derek Carr a serious vote of confidence as the quarterback of the Las Vegas Raiders on Thursday.

"I really think Derek is a heck of a player and I got a lot of respect for what he has done with some tough circumstances," Gruden said.

"So I'm not going to answer every media rumor out there. I just can't do it. I'm just going to listen to my Sirius Rock n' Roll classic vinyl [station] and keep working. But I love what Derek Carr did, love what he brings to our team and anxious to continue to build around him."

This is the latest to where Carr's future with the Raiders stands, according Gutierrez from ESPN.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28796409/raiders-jon-gruden-hails-derek-carr-heck-player

2 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

This is the latest to where Carr's future with the Raiders stands, according Gutierrez from ESPN.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28796409/raiders-jon-gruden-hails-derek-carr-heck-player

I'm guessing Chuckie struck out with Brady. 

Gruden IMO should just get Carr a decent WR. Carr did pretty darn good (top 10ish) with a pretty pedestrian group of skill players. If they do deal Carr, I'd be happy to take him, and then draft a DT at 13, and a WR somewhere in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm guessing Chuckie struck out with Brady. 

Gruden IMO should just get Carr a decent WR. Carr did pretty darn good (top 10ish) with a pretty pedestrian group of skill players. If they do deal Carr, I'd be happy to take him, and then draft a DT at 13, and a WR somewhere in the 2nd. 

Gruden and company either didn’t get who they wanted to commit, really do love Carr or smoke screen to get someone to give up more for him than they are offering in a trade. Could be they’ve always planned on keeping him and just enticing others to trade up with them for a QB hungry team. Smoke screens all over the nfl. 

13 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Gruden and company either didn’t get who they wanted to commit, really do love Carr or smoke screen to get someone to give up more for him than they are offering in a trade. Could be they’ve always planned on keeping him and just enticing others to trade up with them for a QB hungry team. Smoke screens all over the nfl. 

After the GM was non-committal early this week, then Gruden being all complimentary yesterday, I think something happened. Either that or they are purposefully trying to mind-F people. I think it's more likely Tom said "hey Chuckie, sorry, but your OL isn't good enough, you don't have any WRs, and you're a long haul from NY"... 

And honestly, if I'm Carr, after just having arguably his best season (with a mediocre cast), I'd tell Chuckie to put a ring on it, or trade me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Philip Rivers

Tom Brady

Teddy Bridgewater

Derek Carr

Jordan Love

Jacob Eason

Jalen Hurts

Samuel Langhorn Chism II

Cole McDonald

Wayne Brady

Nick Foles

Chad Kelly

A Pretty Rock

Tim Tebow

Anthony Gordon

Sean Astin 

Jake From State Farm

Jake Fromm

Patrick Star

Dolph Lundgren 

A Jar of Pickles

Andrew Luck

U forgot Jeff George

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

Philip Rivers

Tom Brady

Teddy Bridgewater

Derek Carr

Jordan Love

Jacob Eason

Jalen Hurts

Samuel Langhorn Chism II

Cole McDonald

Wayne Brady

Nick Foles

Chad Kelly

A Pretty Rock

Tim Tebow

Anthony Gordon

Sean Astin 

Jake From State Farm

Jake Fromm

Patrick Star

Dolph Lundgren 

A Jar of Pickles

Andrew Luck

No list is complete without Clip Board Jesus .

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Looks like Mariota is going to the Raiders...

wow .  If true . WOW

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Mayock/Gruden have been a head scratcher together. I’d take Carr over Mariota. 

Well they did sign Marcus to backup Derek so they agree with you.  

1 hour ago, WifiGuy said:

wow .  If true . WOW

It is said to be Carr’s backup. But it could make Carr available for a trade.

With us trading our #1 pick (which I love the trade). Ballard has someone in the bag as our QB. 

1) Either he has Rivers locked up 

or 

2) He has been in talks with the Raiders and Gruden told him wait until make sure he gets Mariota, then he will make a Trade Carr to us. 

We will have a new QB by the end of the week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itsacoltthing said:

With us trading our #1 pick (which I love the trade). Ballard has someone in the bag as our QB. 

or 

2) He has been in talks with the Raiders and Gruden told him wait until make sure he gets Mariota, then he will make a Trade Carr to us. 

Or he really likes a QB like Gordon or Eason or moves back up into the first if love or Herbert fall.

17 minutes ago, Itsacoltthing said:

or 

I'll take number 2 please.

Mariotta is the back up.   Even if they trade Carr,  the Raiders will sign/ acquire another QB to be their starter.
It won’t be Mariotta. 

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Or he really likes a QB like Gordon or Eason or moves back up into the first if love or Herbert fall.

I don’t see us drafting a QB now that we traded our #1.  The reason I say that is because I don’t think Ballard Roll the dice on a 2nd or 3rd round QB to start right away. Ballard is all in which he just showed with Buckner. Birssett isn’t the QB week one. If we get a QB in FA then no way we draft one. We would have 3 or 4 QB on the roster. 

Forget Carr.  Now that Texans trade out Hopkins would rather sign Hopkins.  Texans clearly hurting to get in better salary cap position.  Image have to trade next years 1st and then some picks/player(s).

• Confused 1