Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Derek Carr Rumors

10 hours ago, stitches said:

IMO he can't. Carr is a supplementary type of QB, not a foundation type of QB. We will need to still build the offense around the run game and build play action shots, RPOs, etc off of that. He's essentially what Jacoby was... only better, more accurate, quicker processing the game, etc. 

Can't believe how down you are on Carr. You say he is what JB was. Can't in my wildest dreams even come close to visualizing that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Can't believe how down you are on Carr. You say he is what JB was. Can't in my wildest dreams even come close to visualizing that!

Carr is way better than Brissett.  Faster release to and behind  our oline he'd be even better 

7 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

I may be wrong but I think Carr would flourish in our offense because his release is quicker than JB's. Our O.Line will protect him well. JB's main problem was his release was slow and he would wait until the last second to get rid of the ball firing rockets at times. Carr has a nice touch on the ball as well.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 11:19 AM, Chloe6124 said:

On the one percent better podcast Steven Holder says he has a source that says keep a eye on Derek Carr to the colts. He says source says they are willing to explore a trade for Carr.  My guess this might only become a option if we aren’t able to get a guy we love in the draft.

The bolded is simply not accurate.  If this were to happen it would be before the draft.  

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

The bolded is simply not accurate.  If this were to happen it would be before the draft.  

My point was that Ballard would rather draft his own talent and groom them. If we were to get Derek Carr before the draft that would mean he didn’t like the QB in the draft. If we got him after the draft that would mean we couldn’t get one he liked.