Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Derek Carr Rumors

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

A 13 for Carr? I'd prefer Herbert or Love, but I'd be OK with a 13 for Carr. We'd be in win-now mode as opposed to wait and see mode. I'd be fine with either.

42 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would because we would have secured the position long term and we would be in a win now mode rather than wasting a couple of years hoping to develop a rookie.  

17 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I feel 13 would be a little high, but if they could throw in one of their 3s (80 or 81) I'd feel better about it.

Just for the record - I think this would be a horrible deal and I would feel extremely disappointed by it. 

I would much rather sign Rivers for 2 years and draft a QB or the best prospect at 13(we might actually get a blue chip type of prospect at 13 this year) than give it up for Carr. It's not really close for me. :dunno:

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

HIs completion percentage has been getting better every year, and we all know Reich and Ballard want a QB who has good accuracy. 

I'd be a fan of making a deal for him provided Ballard doesn't have to give up a 1st round pick, their 34th overall pick, or their 44th overall pick. 

We’re going to get Derek Carr WITHOUT giving up pick 13 or pick 34 or pick 44?    Seriously?

What are we supposed to offer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Just for the record - I think this would be a horrible deal and I would feel extremely disappointed by it. 

I would much rather sign Rivers for 2 years and draft a QB or the best prospect at 13(we might actually get a blue chip type of prospect at 13 this year) than give it up for Carr. It's not really close for me. :dunno:

Not me.  I would rather have Carr over Rivers and a QB prospect any day.  Of course I would rather do the trade without a 1st but if we had too so be it. The most important position secured.  We all have different opinions.  

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Rivers will likely cost you as much or more than Carr (salary wise). And even if you gave up the 13th, you could still trade back into the 1st (to get Love), or Love might even be available at 34. And Love is likely the best you're getting at 13. Very small chance on Herbert. I'd prefer a rook too, but a Carr/Kelly QB room would be more than fine with me.

42 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If you wait too long into FA many if not most of the teams most interested In Carr will have made moves on the FA QBs available or other potential QBs that might be available in trade like Cam for example.  His highest value is before the draft.  If they could get it done before FA then I think him being our QB would help attract FAs as well. 

If they don't get Brady, they may not be willing to part with him before moving to Vegas without getting a hefty bounty. That is why I think it is prudent to at least let FA start before initiating anything, IMO.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not me.  I would rather have Carr over Rivers and a QB prospect any day.  Of course I would rather do the trade without a 1st but if we had too so be it. The most important position secured.  We all have different opinions.  

I think Rivers is a better player than Carr, and I think he fits better in what Reich's teams have ran before Brissett. There, I said it. And we can have him for free... well... not free free, but only for his salary. I think he gives us better chance to make deep runs in the playoffs than Carr. 

But yeah... that's just my opinion. Possible I'm wrong and Rivers has truly taken a nosedive never to return from, but... oh well... I would bet on him being able to run an efficient offense behind one of the best OLines in the league... something he's not had recently in his career. Rivers is 1 year removed from having an exceptional year in 2018 where he was on par with the best of the best QBs in the league... talking about Wilson, Luck, Brady, Mahomes, Brees level year. 

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rivers will likely cost you as much or more than Carr (salary wise). And even if you gave up the 13th, you could still trade back into the 1st (to get Love), or Love might even be available at 34. And Love is likely the best you're getting at 13. Very small chance on Herbert. I'd prefer a rook too, but a Carr/Kelly QB room would be more than fine with me.

I'm good with that. I think Rivers is the better player and if we don't have to give up a 1st(or any pick really) to get him I will be good with giving him market value salary. 

Carr is too young to draft another QB this year behind him.  Carr needs to be seen as the leader and the future of the franchise for the next 5 or 6 years if we deal for him.  He has to show that he ISN'T the future before the Colts entertain the idea of drafting a future QB.

Pick 34 seems logical.  I doubt that any team would want to give up a 1st, especially knowing that Gruden is casting him aside anyway.  Pick 34 would be the highest pick offered.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Carr is too young to draft another QB this year behind him.  Carr needs to be seen as the leader and the future of the franchise for the next 5 or 6 years if we deal for him.  He has to show that he ISN'T the future before the Colts entertain the idea of drafting a future QB.

Pick 34 seems logical.  I doubt that any team would want to give up a 1st, especially knowing that Gruden is casting him aside anyway.  Pick 34 would be the highest pick offered.

If course. But he only has 3 years left on his contract. We could very easily look at a QB in the draft in 2021 or 2022 to be a successor after his 3 years are up. This doesn’t have be a super long term thing where we need to sign him to another contract after his 3 years are up.  I doubt they get a first at his age. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure they do.   All the time.   But I suspect the Raiders will get a better offer than a 2 next year for Carr.   I suspect they’ll get several offers better than that. 

In a typical QB market? Probably. Although Carr is pretty analogous to 49er-era Alex Smith, who was traded to the Chiefs for a late second and conditional pick.

But in this one? Where Rivers, Brady, Bridgewater, Winston, and Mariota are all free agents with a pretty good shot to hit the open market. Dalton, Newton, and Carr may/will be available in trade. And Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love are all there at the top of the draft. Not sure if I see it.

There’s a really good crop of potential QB options for teams to consider this offseason.

13 minutes ago, BSteph1 said:

In a typical QB market? Probably. Although Carr is pretty analogous to 49er-era Alex Smith, who was traded to the Chiefs for a late second and conditional pick.

But in this one? Where Rivers, Brady, Bridgewater, Winston, and Mariota are all free agents with a pretty good shot to hit the open market. Dalton, Newton, and Carr may/will be available in trade. And Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love are all there at the top of the draft. Not sure if I see it.

There’s a really good crop of potential QB options for teams to consider this offseason.

Everything I read says this years crop of college quarterbacks is not very good. 

Now I think you’ve got a good argument about the large number of free agent QBs flooding the market.   But I believe the Smith deal was a 2 and a 3.   A 2 from that years draft and a three from the following years draft.

Here...   we’re discussing offering nothing this year and a 2 next year.   Hard to believe they won’t get a better offer than that.  Maybe.   Possibly.  But I don’t think it’s likely.

By the way, I’m not familiar with you.  But that’s a good post you made.  Welcome.  

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I'm good with that. I think Rivers is the better player and if we don't have to give up a 1st(or any pick really) to get him I will be good with giving him market value salary. 

I'd love either a Rivers/Love or Carr/Kelly combo. I do think Carr is the better fit though for Reich's O.

Here's both their passing charts

passer-rating-vs-league-avg_RIV651634_20

passer-rating-vs-league-avg_CAR358797_20

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly with all the options out there.  I want the Colts to invest their top 3 picks in 2 DT's and mayb another widecout. We need depth badly.

I think are depth is good. We need more playmakers and stars. The problem isn’t really depth but we don’t have enough difference makers. I mean we still were able to compete with 5 WR being injured. That’s pretty good depth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think are depth is good. We need more playmakers and stars. The problem isn’t really depth but we don’t have enough difference makers. I mean we still were able to compete with 5 WR being injured. That’s pretty good depth.

I agree with this 1000x. We have good depth (except at OT), and need more play makers. But one of the play makers needs to be 3T, and the other QB.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont care if we get Carr.  The D line needs play makers. We trade for Carr and this D still cant stop anyone. Assets need to b poured into the D tackle position.  I dont think Gruden is the 2nd coming. However that being said. I dont get how people are so eager to trade for a guy whos current team wants to get rid of him so badly.

IMO, Carr would be a great get if available.

However, as has been mentioned previously, the only realistic way I see him being dealt this offseason is if Gruden is a able to get Brady.  Even if they take a QB with their 1st rd pick, I could see them keeping Carr to allow the rookie to sit and learn for a year.

On a somewhat related note, what is everyones thoughts on Matthew Stafford? The reason I ask is because if the Lions take Tua (as some mocks have suggested) then he becomes expendable. Do you like him better than Carr? Are you willing to give up more to get him than for Carr? Just food for thought.

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And yet Gruden wants to get rid of him so badly even with all those lofty stats.  Things that make u go hmmmm.!!!!

It's pretty simple. He does not fit Gruden's scheme. Gruden per a ton of rumors wanted to trade up for Kyler Murray big time last year, couldn't get it done, then tried to move up for Haskins and couldn't get it done. He ended up modifying his spread-coast O to fit Carr, and still ended up with a top 10ish O.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont care if we get Carr.  The D line needs play makers. We trade for Carr and this D still cant stop anyone. Assets need to b poured into the D tackle position.  I dont think Gruden is the 2nd coming. However that being said. I dont get how people are so eager to trade for a guy whos current team wants to get rid of him so badly.

I will bet the dline will be addressed in FA. If we get Carr we probably get Kinlaw too because we don’t need a QB at 13. Getting Carr doesn’t stop us from addressing  dline.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's pretty simple. He does not fit Gruden's scheme. Gruden per a ton of rumors wanted to trade up for Kyler Murray big time last year, couldn't get it done, then tried to move up for Haskins and couldn't get it done. He ended up modifying his spread-coast O to fit Carr, and still ended up with a top 10ish O.

I never beleived the rumours of  Gruden moving up for Murray or Haskins.  He likes vet players.  Look at his history

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If Jacoby is our quarterback next year doesn’t matter who we get on the Dline, they’ll be gassed by the second quarter from jb’s offense going three and out. This team needs upgrades in three major areas. QB, Dline, and WR. We have the money and draft capital too address all three. Let’s hope Ballard  has a big offseason. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I have never heard any rumors of this.  But I have sure been suggesting it.  I would love that!

Where have you heard rumors?  I'm interested for sure

There are rumors the Lions are going to move Stafford.  That's what's out there right now.  If they do it I'd have to assume Ballard would be on the phone about that one.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never beleived the rumours of  Gruden moving up for Murray or Haskins.  He likes vet players.  Look at his history

He may like vet players, but there was no vet QBs in last year's FA market that fit his system. None really this year either that are young enough to be a "franchise" guy. Sure they'd take Brady, but who wouldn't, especially year 1 in Vegas. As far as last year's draft, Gruden was oozing about Murray all spring, then said he knew he couldn't get him, wasn't looking for a QB last year, and was all in on Carr. Yet the rumors persist that Gruden still wants a guy that fits his scheme and that he and Carr don't have the best of relationships.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

There are rumors the Lions are going to move Stafford.  That's what's out there right now.  If they do it I'd have to assume Ballard would be on the phone about that one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101974/article/lions-gm-matthew-stafford-trade-report-totally-false

Posting a link is more credible. Here you go.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dokken said:

How many times have you ever heard a team official deny something only to come back and make the move they denied?  Doesn't mean it's dead.   I don't need to post a link because I'm sure you'd already seen the info that was out there on the subject.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

How many times have you ever heard a team official deny something only to come back and make the move they denied?  Doesn't mean it's dead.   I don't need to post a link because I'm sure you'd already seen the info that was out there on the subject.

I’ve seen nothing and beat writers aren’t a source.  Stop posting nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Dokken said:

I’ve seen nothing and beat writers aren’t a source.  Stop posting nonsense. 

What's the nonsense?  The question of if the rumors had any legs?  Sue me big boy!   Find something else to do with your time.  I don't need any forum ettiquette lessons from you. Obviously there were rumors out there or the GM wouldn't have even taken the time to address it.