Walker - 5 year 40 mil 15 mil G

Cap Space 42 mil

Cut

Hoyer - save 5 mil

Hunt - save 4 mil

Cap Space 51 mil

Free Agent

Yannick Ngakoue 5 year 100 mil 60 mil G

Yes extremely pricey, however Ngakoue is not only a proven pass rusher, but his biggest strength is his run defense and setting the edge which is what we need to better our defense.

Michael Brockers 3 year 36 mil 14 mil G

Brockers will occupy blocks and free up our LBers which is a big reason why our run defense suffered.

Vance Mcdonald 2 year 15 mil 7 mil G

Imo, we struggled on offense because of a lack of a possession threat and Mcdonald is not only a chain mover, but a really good blocker. 

Cap Space 11.5  mil

Draft

1. Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

I am completely re-vamping our defensive line which is imo the biggest weakness last year and cause us to give up a lot of big plays. With all these additions, we finally get to use the strength of our LBers.

2. Justin Jefferson WR LSU

Jefferson gives us another weapon we can utilize in the slot along with moving around Campbell and Hilton and keep Pascal as the Z and main blocker.

2. Anthony Gordon QB Washington State

Gordon is a raw QB imo. I like his arm, accuracy, and vision, but his feet and pocket awareness needs work, but I do think there is really good potential here and I believe after a year of sitting and watching, he'll be ready to take over.

3. Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne

Small small prospect with huge upside at 6 2 215 and 4.4 speed. Gives us a replacement for Geathers and adds much needed depth to our secondary.

4. Matt Peart T Connecticut

I don't see the colts re-signing Clark so the colts will need oline depth. Peart has good size and durability and we know how much Ballard loves seniors.

5. Harrison Bryant TE Flordia Atlantic

I like Bryant as a project TE to learn from Doyle and Mcdonald. Played well in 2019 with 1000 yards and 7 scores.

6. Aaron Parker WR Rhode Island

Small school prospect with great size and a big stat line in 2019

6. Christian Rector DE USC

Rector will fall in the draft hard after a horrible 2019 season, but prior years he showed a lot of talent with 12 sacks the past prior seasons.

7. John Houston Jr ILB USC

Provides us with some LBer depth

4 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

One thing I would change is Mack’s extension... I would offer 3yrs / 6-7m per year.

3 hours ago, boo2202 said:

I’d have to let Mack walk at that price. Just can’t see 10mil per. Hope we also do more to the QB room than add Gordon. 

I actually thought it was a cheap deal compared to another top backs who make 12-14 mil. Unfortunately, to build our line, that's the best I can do at QB

1 hour ago, Hark said:

Nice job. These changes on D would definitely take a lot of pressure off #7.

Thank you. I think so as well.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

:omg:        Lot's of numbers way off, and personel choices that Ballard will not be making.
                 Gordon in the second?  :yuk:

For example? The only one Ballard might not do is Yannick, but that's to fix the d-line which Ballard his stressed since day one. Gordon has talent, but he's not ready to play. He's gonna need time to develop.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It'll improve the entire defense imo

Without question..... adding Kinlaw and Ngakoue would really help the back seven guys.

I'd be really jazzed if Ballard were to finally spend some serious bucks on a legit EDGE guy like Yannick and then double down with Kinlaw on draft day.:thmup:

16 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I like it

Gordon will probably last till our third round pick

It is a roll of the dice at QB

Kelly and Gordon are good potential but both have basement level “floors”

Well at that point, I think 6 QBs will be taken Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Fromm, and Eason so we need to make a play. Gordon has potential, but needs time to develop.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Well at that point, I think 6 QBs will be taken Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Fromm, and Eason so we need to make a play. Gordon has potential, but needs time to develop.

I dont disagree with you

Your approach is a viable option that does improve the team

I would be happy with a few options......

1) Your option (Gordon picked)

2) Carr trade option

3) Draft Love at 13...

IF he had his head on straight, and CB loves the guy, AND he is still there at 13

4) Trade up for Tua

All 4 would work for me

I want CK to have a chance at our QB spot..... he may fail, he may succeed..... I dont know

The competition in your scenario for 2020 is between JB and CK for starting snaps

Gordon will need some significant TLC, and coaching to get him to a point where he is competing for a starting role in 2021.

I believe that if both were on an even playing field, that CK would surpass JB.

The BIG question, would be .......  IF CK beats out JB..... what do you do with JB?

Would the Colts carry three QBs? - Most teams wouldnt...

You WONT be able to stash Gordon on PS

In your scenario......

If JB beats out CK.....  You CUT CK and be done with it

It will be an interesting offseason

If Gordon does very well at Combine, you may be right that he will need to be picked in round 2...... someone may slide into to get him before our third round pick

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont disagree with you

2) Carr trade option

3) Draft Love at 13...

IF he had his head on straight, and CB loves the guy, AND he is still there at 13

4) Trade up for Tua

All 4 would work for me

I want CK to have a chance at our QB spot..... he may fail, he may succeed..... I dont know

The competition in your scenario for 2020 is between JB and CK for starting snaps

Gordon will need some significant TLC, and coaching to get him to a point where he is competing for a starting role in 2021.

The BIG question, would be .......  IF CK beats out JB..... what do you do with JB?

In your scenario......

If Gordon does very well at Combine, you may be right that he will need to be picked in round 2...... someone may slide into to get him before our third round pick

An interesting side note to consider.  It looks like the new CBA is going to increase the roster size by at least two players and the practice squad as well.  Last year a few teams carried three QBs I believe including the Colts down the stretch.  Maybe more teams would be tempted to do it.  It will be interesting to see what teams will do with a little more flexibility.  

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont disagree with you

2) Carr trade option

3) Draft Love at 13...

4) Trade up for Tua

All 4 would work for me

In your scenario......

Could always swap the 2nd I used on Gordon for Carr. He would atleast make us a playoff team.

Interesting.  I hadn't considered Brockers or McDonald but I like both of those options.  As for the draft, love the Kinlaw selection and I like getting Jefferson.  I like the Gordon pick too but IMHO 2nd round may be too high.  Of course a lot of it will depend on how many QB's are taken before him, but I would think 3rd or 4th round would be about right.

This would revamp the DL into a nightmare for offensive coordinators to go with our young and improving LB corp.  It could also finally give them the Robin (Jefferson) they've been looking for all this time to Hilton's Batman.

13 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Interesting.  I hadn't considered Brockers or McDonald but I like both of those options.  As for the draft, love the Kinlaw selection and I like getting Jefferson.  I like the Gordon pick too but IMHO 2nd round may be too high.  Of course a lot of it will depend on how many QB's are taken before him, but I would think 3rd or 4th round would be about right.

This would revamp the DL into a nightmare for offensive coordinators to go with our young and improving LB corp.  It could also finally give them the Robin (Jefferson) they've been looking for all this time to Hilton's Batman.

I think with all these moves, it allows us to not only develop Gordon while still being competitive with Brisett at QB for another year, but not put all the pressure on the QB position to succeed. Kinda like the 49ers.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Ngakoue is notoriously known for poor run defense.

According to Pro Football Focus, Ngakoue had a run-stop percentage (the percentage of stops per snap played only in run defense) 7.6% with 21 stops on 278 run-snaps. “Stops” constitute a “loss” for the opposing team’s offense. For context, Ngakoue was tied with San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa for 18th overall at his position in stop percentage in 2019. Bosa accounted for 20 stops on 263 run-snaps.

Archived