Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Freeney Spin Move

Lucky Colts Fan

32 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I remember the double spin move one time.  He didn't get a sack, but it was one of the darndest things I'd seen in sports from that big of a human.  I looked around for it but couldn't find it.  

It was the last sack in the above video. The guy anticipated the spin move, so he spun the other way and still got a sack. What a guy we had!!! What a privilege to call him a Colt!! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

An absolute assassin. 

Yep, he would do a bull rush if the spin move did not result in a clean shot with the OL already off balance, and like Devin Hester would not lose speed while changing direction after a spin/lateral move, Freeney would be smooth and just keep rolling.

Right now, Nick Bosa reminds me of a young Von Miller along those lines of not losing speed or momentum while changing direction, whether it is going outside or inside. Such natural talent amazes me. :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It was the last sack in the above video. The guy anticipated the spin move, so he spun the other way and still got a sack. What a guy we had!!! What a privilege to call him a Colt!! :) 

Yeah but the one I was talking about was in his much younger Colt days and was much quicker than that; and if I remeber right he didn't get the sack.

He was a stud.

42 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I remember the double spin move one time.  He didn't get a sack, but it was one of the darndest things I'd seen in sports from that big of a human.  I looked around for it but couldn't find it.  

He does two spins in a row on two different guys at 1:55 in this video (right before this, at 1:43, he cleans Brady's clock).

• Like 1

Freeney was held ALL the time. Many times it was blatantly obvious and still wasn't called. I can only imagine what his sack numbers would have been if the refs hadn't ignored so many penalties. The guy was the most talented pass rusher I've ever seen, no matter what the lifetime stats show for him vs. the other greats. Dwight Freeney was, simply,  THE sack master.