Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BProland85

DT Jordan Elliott, Missouri

I'm warming up to Elliott more and more if we don't go DT in round 1. Elliott would make a great mid 2nd round pick, and he compares to Kawann Short who has had a nice career. If Ballard got both Elliott and another Free agent at DT this DL would be much improved. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-elliott?id=3219454c-4c32-3955-163f-c80cea1e03d4

• Like 2

He's intriguing and I don't know much about him.  from the little clips I have seen and reading the scouting reports about being a bit slow off the snap I'm not sure if he fits a cover 2 type 3T but he would be good to have in the rotation with Stewart.  Seems to be able to hold his ground well and makes things difficult even against a double team.

Yeah Elliot is rising in the media. They talked about him a lot on Move The Sticks. I don’t know if I’d take him over Blacklock in the 2nd round though.

This guy is not a mid 2nd round talent.  Watch his film, dude is a beast in the interior.  He's more technically advanced than your typical interior defensive lineman.  PFF has been harping about him all year and graded him higher than Javon Kinlaw in pass rush grade.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This guy is not a mid 2nd round talent.  Watch his film, dude is a beast in the interior.  He's more technically advanced than your typical interior defensive lineman.  PFF has been harping about him all year and graded him higher than Javon Kinlaw in pass rush grade.  

His draft stock right now is at mid 2nd, possibly 3rd round though. I keep up with all the draft sites and have not seen him rated higher than that by any site. 

25 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

His draft stock right now is at mid 2nd, possibly 3rd round though. I keep up with all the draft sites and have not seen him rated higher than that by any site. 

PFF has him 21.  And besides, how often does the media get it wrong.  I see a pretty dynamic pass rushing interior defensive line.  I mean, I could be wrong, but its' not like anyone has a high hit rate for draft prospects anyway.

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

PFF has him 21.  And besides, how often does the media get it wrong.  I see a pretty dynamic pass rushing interior defensive line.  I mean, I could be wrong, but its' not like anyone has a high hit rate for draft prospects anyway.

You have to realize that because PFF goes strictly by their grading system, they often are way higher on players than the consensus. That’s why their mocks are so weird. They just go with highest numerical grades while factoring in team need.

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You have to realize that because PFF goes strictly by their grading system, they often are way higher on players than the consensus. That’s why their mocks are so weird. They just go with highest numerical grades while factoring in team need.

Yeah I don't disagree with that.  That's also my opinion based on what I have watched of him.  I could be wrong, and I acknowledge that as well.

I like him better than every other 2nd round DT in the draft(i.e. might be 1st round talent). He is very likely going to be my DT3 in this draft and he's especially good fit for our system.

38 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's not exactly true though.... they take into account their grading, but they don't follow it blindly. It depends against what type of competition the player got that grade, it depends what kind of athletic potential the guy has, it depends what position the player plays, etc. For example, last year DK Metcalf graded very mediocre in their grading(mid 70s), but was one of their highest ranked WRs(I can't remember right now, but he might have been no. 1?). 

He is very well refined as a pass rusher. Has alot of quickness too for a big enough DT. Sometimes though when I watch him, I think he is a bit too much finesse and not enough raw power and explosiveness. But when he is given a 1v1 match up in the 3T position, he causes alot of problems with his quickness and hands. He is a very good prospect imo.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

I like him better than every other 2nd round DT in the draft(i.e. might be 1st round talent). He is very likely going to be my DT3 in this draft and he's especially good fit for our system.

That's not exactly true though.... they take into account their grading, but they don't follow it blindly. It depends against what type of competition the player got that grade, it depends what kind of athletic potential the guy has, it depends what position the player plays, etc. For example, last year DK Metcalf graded very mediocre in their grading(mid 70s), but was one of their highest ranked WRs(I can't remember right now, but he might have been no. 1?). 

Fair enough. I just know sometimes their rankings and mock drafts are skewed because they’ll push up guys who have higher grades for certain things. For example, their latest mock has Denzel Mims going in the 1st round...The reasoning brings he supposedly has a crazy contested catch number. 

You’re right about the competition factoring in though. They have Dantzler high because just against the SEC in coverage he only allowed 11/23 passes for 171 yards which is ridiculous.

And apparently Jordan Elliot graded out higher as a pass rusher than Brown or Kinlaw

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also, it's worth noting nfl.com rates him pretty high at 6.38, which is as high or higher than other universally projected 1st Rounders 

• Thanks 1