Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Here is what Reich, Ballard and Sirianni want in an elite QB

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-explain-specific-traits-they-believe-make-elite

-High-level accuracy

-The ability to process things

-Strong leadership capabilities

-Some play making with their legs

was the summarization. 

Enjoy!!! :) 

I wouldn't mind going for Tua or Herbert in a move up because Tua marks all 4 boxes, while Herbert marks 3 out of 4 to me.

On a side note, I am very much intrigued by Tanner Morgan of Minnesota and want to see how well he does in 2020, he is growing on me with his accuracy, he was ranked 7th in all of FBS behind only Burrow, Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa and Oregon’s Justin Herbert. 

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-qb-tanner-morgan-had-the-best-season-you-didnt-see-coming/567049552/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-explain-specific-traits-they-believe-make-elite

-High-level accuracy

was the summarization. 

I wouldn't mind going for Tua or Herbert in a move up because Tua marks all 4 boxes, while Herbert marks 3 out of 4 to me.

The things every GM,HC and OC want

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The things every GM,HC and OC want

Agreed, although to be fair I think there is likely a different priority level set on certain abilities based on the preferences of individual coaches and GM's.  

• Like 1

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Agreed, although to be fair I think there is likely a different priority level set on certain abilities based on the preferences of individual coaches and GM's.  

To me, the "some play making with their legs" suggests they may not settle for someone that is a statue in the pocket. It is more indicative of where the league is going. 

Plus, leadership, I am not sure, if it is an acquired skill over time. Respect is acquired over time based on your work ethic and performance but leadership is an attribute that comes more naturally for a few QBs over others, IMO.

When you just consider the FA QBs available that will make it to FA I think Bridgewater is the closest to all of their requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, chad72 said:

-High-level accuracy

was the summarization. 

On a side note, I am very much intrigued by Tanner Morgan of Minnesota and want to see how well he does in 2020, he is growing on me with his accuracy, he was ranked 7th in all of FBS behind only Burrow, Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, Ohio State’s Justin Fields, Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa and Oregon’s Justin Herbert. 

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-qb-tanner-morgan-had-the-best-season-you-didnt-see-coming/567049552/

I believe Fromm checks 3 of 4 boxes also, though, right?

I didn't review yet, but is that short list intended to be in order, or randomly listed?

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I believe Fromm checks 3 of 4 boxes also, though, right?

I didn't listen yet, but is that short list intended to be in order, or randomly listed?

You beat me to the punch. If it’s in order that certainly narrows the list

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

You beat me to the punch. If it’s in order that certainly narrows the list

That short list is that of Kevin Bowen, I don't think it has any weighting attached to it, IMO. That is the way I read it. 

Interesting the one thing that you don't see in that list --- big arm strength.

That does sound like it's leaving room for a guy like Fromm. 

having said that, look at the QBs that Reich and Ballard have been involved with. For the most part, they big (tall). Wentz, Foles, Alex Smith, Mahomes. 

Interesting. 

• Like 1

To finish PFFs ranking list with names we've heard of (not necessarily draftable):

Fromm: 8

Ehlinger: 14

Eason: 18

Gordon: 22

Nate Stanley: 24

Kellen Mond: 41

Shea Patterson: 42

Montez: 59

Jordan Love: 69

Ballard mentions that leadership comes in all different forms. He said it can come from just work ethic.

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

I'll throw another name out here, Chad Kelly.

Kelly is a lock. Take it to the bank. 

• Like 1

Man, drafting a QB is a 50-50 shot.  None of the guys this year really make you feel confident they are close to a sure thing. I would say Tua would be the guy but that will take a lot of draft capital to get him. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Man, drafting a QB is a 50-50 shot.  

It's more like a 1 or 2 in 10. It's weird that both Watson and Mahomes panned out for example. On average a draft class produces one QB that's passable. It's not common for game changers to come along. Tua is the guy that should be targeted on the off chance that there's two guys in this class (the 4 or 5 projected first rounders aren't all going to be good.. no way) again if drafting a guy is the move.

I look at drafting a QB like buying a lotto ticket. It's not a good investment, but you can't win if you don't play.

I've got more friends that are Bears fans than Colts fans and a refrain I hear from them is that the team really should consider drafting a QB every other year, if not every year. I know that's fan babel to a degree, but looking at what the Cardinals did, I don't think it's that far fetch and maybe they're right. 

Teams without QB's.. there's many and the Colts are one currently.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

It's more like a 1 or 2 in 10. It's weird that both Watson and Mahomes panned out for example. On average a draft class produces one QB that's passable. It's not common for game changers to come along. Tua is the guy that should be targeted on the off chance that there's two guys in this class (the 4 or 5 projected first rounders aren't all going to be good.. no way) again if drafting a guy is the move.

I look at drafting a QB like buying a lotto ticket. It's not a good investment, but you can't win if you don't play.

I've got more friends that are Bears fans than Colts fans and a refrain I hear from them is that the team really should consider drafting a QB every other year, if not every year. I know that's fan babel to a degree, but looking at what the Cardinals did, I don't think it's that far fetch and maybe they're right. 

Teams without QB's.. there's many and the Colts are one currently.

I absolutely love Watson.  I thought he was the steal of the draft when Houston traded up for him. Didn’t know Mahomes would be this good.  Watson still is great tho.  I knew the Colts would be in trouble bc all that kid does is win. I can’t remember the game  but Watson was hit by two defenders at the same time and got away somehow.  Either threw a TD or a long completion immediately. That kid is dynamite and Houston will always be in contention with him. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:49 AM, chad72 said:

-High-level accuracy

was the summarization. 

Add in Jamie Newman who transferred to GA