Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BProland85

Injuries issues finally being addressed

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-looking-reoccurring-injury-problem

I still wonder what the status of our field turf is. Is it an improved state of the art field turf designed to cut down on injuries? Sometimes those artificial field turf fields can be harder surfaces than real grass, which could easily result in more injuries. 

• Like 2

I think we literally just have bad luck with this stuff. 

Short, but good article, and thanks for posting. 

While I agree injuries are an issue, 2019 wasn't nearly as bad as 2018 (as suggested by the rankings listed). Even if we did improve from 30th to 21st, I still don't like being in the bottom half. Sounds like he's made changes to a lot, but has left the medical staff in tact. Perhaps it's time for a change there too.

For those interested, mangameslost.com does a great job through the season of reporting impact. While their website is a pay site, they typically publish at minimum the weekly charts for free.

Here's the NFL regular season chart. It shows both pure games lost (left to right axis), but also measure player quality lost (size of bubble), with team wins shown on the vertical axis.

Of note, SF, KC, NEm, Seattle, and Houston were off worse off than Indy.

ENPQhxoWkAELbPp.png

• Like 1

“We’re having too many,” Ballard accurately states.

I've been banging this drum for a long time now.  I believe the Colts have always realized that this is an issue, as well.  There are some folks here that just simply refused to believe it - that old "all teams have injuries" routine lol. 

When you're in the bottom half of the league for 10 consecutive years, and near dead-last in 4 of those years, there's a problem.  There just is.

I would love to see the injury breakdown in terms of location (home/away) and type of surface.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Some guys get turf toe. Colts players get turf bodies. Turf internal organs.  

turf hand bones was going around too

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this