Indianapolis Colts
Luck2Hilton4TD

Mel Kiper Jr.’s Mock Draft 2.0 has the Colts Selecting South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw

Kinlaw is the best non-QB option for the Colts. If we miss on a QB and he’s on the board, you run the card in.

• Like 4

Kinlaw is the player that fits most what Ballard seems to like - size, length, explosiveness from the 3Tech position. If we don't draft a QB I'd be perfectly happy with him... well... unless one of the blue chip guys falls. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Kinlaw is the best non-QB option for the Colts. If we miss on a QB and he’s on the board, you run the card in.

Agree. 

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I mean, I'm taking Chase Young as the best non-QB option.  I know he's gone in your scenario, but I'm on short sleep and the silly nonsense probably sounds better in my head than it really is.  It's just that by the time I've realized it, I'm too tired to care to erase it lol.

• Haha 4

I just don't see him as a three-technique. He's more like a 3-front DE. 

I went back and watched his game tapes on youtube. I'm NOT a scout. But it's pretty easy to see that he stands up almost immediately a lot of the time and guards get into his chest and just ride him. When he makes plays they look great. Big, strong, quick, fast. But he also looks like he can't find the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Gigc said:

I went back and watched his game tapes on youtube. I'm NOT a scout. But it's pretty easy to see that he stands up almost immediately a lot of the time and guards get into his chest and just ride him. When he makes plays they look great. Big, strong, quick, fast. But he also looks like he can't find the ball. 

Literally no analysts share that opinion. Everyone who’s anyone in the scouting world has said he’ll be a great 3-tech. Not sure how you came to a conclusion so far off the mark. Only weakness I’ve heard about him is that he’ll be better in a gap penetrating scheme where he can just get up field.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Literally no analysts share that opinion. Everyone who’s anyone in the scouting world has said he’ll be a great 3-tech. Not sure how you came to a conclusion so far off the mark. Only weakness I’ve heard about him is that he’ll be better in a gap penetrating scheme where he can just get up field.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/javon-kinlaw/z6rQc3jCQc

Most analysts agree with what he said with the pad level. Shouldn't be surprising. He is 6'5". He is going to get to tall from time to time. DraftTek is the only one who didnt mention pad level as a negative that I've seen. The only thing they said was "if his pad level gets to high the play is a wash" (not an exact quote).

50 minutes ago, Gigc said:

I am sure i will watch more tape. That said, i see his super long, powerful arms jabbing his opponents and knocking them back more often than not. And when it is a wash, i will take his length putting his mitts up in the passing lane. 

• Like 1

I think Kinlaw falls to us and he would be my pick in the draft. We need him badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/javon-kinlaw/z6rQc3jCQc

Most analysts agree with what he said with the pad level. Shouldn't be surprising. He is 6'5". He is going to get to tall from time to time. DraftTek is the only one who didnt mention pad level as a negative that I've seen. The only thing they said was "if his pad level gets to high the play is a wash" (not an exact quote).

I was talking more in terms of him not being a fit in a 4-3. I’ve never heard that mentioned anywhere. I’ve heard he’s an ideal 3-tech and might even be able to play 5-tech if needed, but never that he won’t be good at the 3-tech position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well, I watched him. :)

• Like 1

No one on this Board would argue that the Colts need more game changers on their team. I seriously doubt anyone would suggest the Colts don't need a big upgrade at the 3T position. Kinlaw is a game changing 3T according to every top draft analyst out there. He'd be a terrific pick for the Colts at 13. 

• Like 1

I think this pick all depends on FA.  There are a lot of DTs hitting FA.  If Ballard signs Harris or someone else I can see him taking an OT at 13.  No doubt Kinlaw would be a great pick though.

Sometimes All it takes is 1 player at an area of need and Things change. He might be that guy at that position. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Draft is now open. @crazycolt1 has made his selection. @John Hammonds now on the clock. Until 10 am EST.    
    • someone double check me, I know I'm missing a couple on that list. kind of a PITA via phone to do that list.
    • Top 100:   1              Chase Young      Ohio State           EDGE     6'5"        265 2              Joe Burrow         LSU        QB          6'3"        221 3              Isaiah Simmons Clemson              OLB        6'4"        238 4              Tua Tagovailoa  Alabama              QB          6'0"        217 5              Derrick Brown   Auburn DL1T      6'5"        326 6              Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State           CB           6'1"        205 7              Tristan Wirfs       Iowa      OT          6'5"        320 8              Javon Kinlaw      South Carolina   DL3T      6'5"        324 9              Justin Herbert   Oregon QB          6'6"        236 10           CeeDee Lamb    Oklahoma           WR         6'2"        198 11           Jerry Jeudy         Alabama              WR         6'1"        193 12           K'Lavon Chaisson              LSU        EDGE     6'3"        254 13           Mekhi Becton    Louisville              OT          6'7"        364 14           Andrew Thomas               Georgia OT          6'5"        315 15           Xavier McKinney              Alabama              S              6'0"        201 16           C.J. Henderson  Florida  CB           6'1"        204 17           Henry Ruggs III  Alabama              WR         5'11"      188 18           Trevon Diggs      Alabama              CB           6'1"        205 19           Yetur Gross-Matos          Penn State          EDGE     6'5"        266 20           Tee Higgins         Clemson              WR         6'4"        216 21           Netane Muti      Fresno State       OG         6'3"        315 22           Jedrick Wills        Alabama              OT          6'4"        312 23           Patrick Queen   LSU        OLB        6'0"        229 24           Jordan Love        Utah State           QB          6'4"        224 25           Kenneth Murray               Oklahoma           ILB          6'2"        241 26           A.J. Epenesa       Iowa      DL5T      6'5"        275 27           Kristian Fulton   LSU        CB           6'0"        197 28           Justin Jefferson LSU        WR         6'1"        202 29           Cesar Ruiz            Michigan              OC          6'3"        307 30           Laviska Shenault               Colorado              WR         6'1''        227 31           Antoine Winfield Jr.        Minnesota          S              5'9"        203 32           Josh Jones           Houston               OT          6'5"        319 33           Ross Blacklock    TCU        DL3T      6'3"        290 34           Grant Delpit        LSU        S              6'2"        213 35           Justin Madubuike            Texas A&M         DL3T      6'3"        293 36           A.J. Terrell           Clemson              CB           6'1"        195 37           D'Andre Swift    Georgia RB           5'8"        212 38           Neville Gallimore              Oklahoma           DL3T      6'2"        304 39           Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin            RB           5'11"      226 40           Solomon Kindley              Georgia OG         6'3"        337 41           Zack Baun            Wisconsin            OLB        6'2"        238 42           Kyle Dugger        Lenoir-Rhyne     S              6'1"        217 43           Damon Arnette Ohio State           CB           6'0"        195 44           Lloyd Cushenberry          LSU        OC          6'3"        312 45           Jalen Reagor       TCU        WRS       5'11"      206 46           Austin Jackson   USC        OT          6'5"        322 47           Jaylon Johnson Utah      CB           6'0"        193 48           Jacob Eason        Washington        QB          6'6"        231 49           Malik Harrison   Ohio State           ILB          6'3"        247 50           Hunter Bryant    Washington        TE           6'2"        248 51           Denzel Mims      Baylor   WR         6'3"        207 52           Shane Lemieux Oregon OG         6'4"        310 53           K.J. Hamler          Penn State          WRS       5'9"        178 54           Troy Dye              Oregon ILB          6'3"        231 55           Julian Okwara    Notre Dame       EDGE     6'4"        252 56           J.K. Dobbins        Ohio State           RB           5'9"        209 57           John Simpson    Clemson              OG         6'4"        321 58           Bryce Hall            Virginia CB           6'1"        202 59           Prince Tega Wanogho    Auburn OT          6'5"        308 60           Terrell Lewis       Alabama              EDGE     6'5"        262 61           Cole Kmet           Notre Dame       TE           6'6"        262 62           Jabari Zuniga      Florida  EDGE     6'3"        264 63           Clyde Edwards-Helaire   LSU        RB           5'7"        207 64           Marlon Davidson              Auburn DL5T      6'3"        303 65           Davon Hamilton                Ohio State           DL1T      6'4"        320 66           Michael Pittman Jr.         USC        WR         6'4"        223 67           Alton Robinson Syracuse              EDGE     6'3"        264 68           Isaiah Wilson      Georgia OT          6'7"        350 69           James Lynch       Baylor   DL5T      6'4"        295 70           Jeff Gladney       TCU        CB           5'10"      191 71           Hakeem Adeniji Kansas  OT          6'4"        302 72           Brandon Aiyuk   Arizona State     WR         6'0"        205 73           Ezra Cleveland   Boise State         OT          6'6"        311 74           Jake Fromm        Georgia QB          6'2"        219 75           McTelvin Agim  Arkansas              DL3T      6'3"        309 76           Khalil Davis         Nebraska             DL3T      6'1"        308 77           Curtis Weaver   Boise State         EDGE     6'2"        265 78           Jalen Hurts          Oklahoma           QB          6'2"        210 79           Damien Lewis    LSU        OG         6'2"        327 80           Tyler Johnson    Minnesota          WR         6'2"        200 81           Donovan Peoples-Jones Michigan              WR         6'2"        212 82           Josh Uche            Michigan              OLB        6'1"        245 83           Darryl Williams  Mississippi State               OC          6'2"        304 84           Jacob Phillips      LSU        ILB          6'3"        229 85           Cameron Dantzler            Mississippi State               CB           6'2"        188 86           Tyler Biadasz      Wisconsin            OC          6'4"        314 87           Ben Bredeson    Michigan              OG         6'5"        315 88           Chase Claypool  Notre Dame       WR         6'4"        238 89           Jordyn Brooks    Texas Tech          ILB          6'0"        240 90           Anfernee Jennings          Alabama              OLB        6'2"        256 91           Zack Moss           Utah      RB           5'9"        223 92           Logan Stenberg Kentucky             OG         6'6"        317 93           Carlos Davis        Nebraska             DL3T      6'2"        313 94           Shyheim Carter Alabama              CB           5'10"      194 95           Ashtyn Davis      California             S              6'1"        202 96           Jeremy Chinn     S. Illinois               S              6'3"        221 97           Devin Duvernay Texas    WRS       5'10'       200 98           Adam Trautman                Dayton TE           6'5"        255 99           Jordan Elliott      Missouri               DL3T      6'4"        302 100         Cam Akers          Florida State       RB           5'10"      217  
    • Yep, that was pretty insane.   Especially when you think about one of those two could have help Andrew Luck not getting so much hurt. We might even have him still! 
    • One of the things I’m working on this morning. 
  • Members