Indianapolis Colts
DownHillRunner

Lions have spoken to multiple teams about CB Darius Slay.

I'm very surprised the Lions want to deal him. If they want Okudah out of Ohio State, shouldn't they want to keep Slay around and have a great secondary? I wonder if the Colts were one of the teams who spoke to the Lions about him. 

I can see them calling us because of all of our cap space.  He's going to need a new deal.  So I can see Ballard having a conversation.  

29 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Lions just don't want to pay Slay so they are trying to get pick(s) for him. 

Agree.  I can see Ballard doing that down the road as well. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not giving up picks for a 29 yo CB. Then have to pay him on top of it.

Yep.... this is a job for Dan Snyder.

the little rascals money GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Slay even responded to Kenny. Kenny trying to recruit him. Ballard’s isn’t going to give up a high draft pick for him. Wonder what we would have to give up.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Slay even responded to Kenny. Kenny trying to recruit him. Ballard’s isn’t going to give up a high draft pick for him. Wonder what we would have to give up.

Oh My!  Could they know it's going down?   Pro Football Rumors mentioned the Colts as a potential destination along with the Broncos and Eagles. 

If this somehow went down Wilson would be gone. Desir would become a good backup.  I noticed Wilson has been working with Moore at a DB camp. I doubt Kenny knows anything though. Probably just likes the guy.

He is retweeting stuff by Darius Butler too. But also Keenan Allen. I think it’s just other players liking how he plays. He and Kenny are both from southern Georgia so maybe they know each other.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wilson could be part of a trade.  Or could Ballard be willing to trade Hooker?  Odum could take his spot.  

Not sure giving up a 24 yo for a 29 yo would be wise. Hooker has had a hard time developing when he keeps getting injured. I think they have to decide on whether to give him his fifth year option by May.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure giving up a 24 yo for a 29 yo would be wise. Hooker has had a hard time developing when he keeps getting injured. I think they have to decide on whether to give him his fifth year option by May.

He hasn't really paned out.  I think he had injury issues in college too.  Not all 1st rd picks have their option picked up.  If we could get Slay it might be worth it to let the Lions take the risk.  

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He hasn't really paned out.  I think he had injury issues in college too.  Not all 1st rd picks have their option picked up.  If we could get Slay it might be worth it to let the Lions take the risk.  

I think we played better defense when hooker was injured and Odum played. Just not sure if it’s wise to give up yet. I could see them not picking up his option and making him really earn it this season.

I saw an article of 10 teams that would be a good fit and they listed the Texans.

What could they possibly trade?

Their 3rd rounder and a trip to the Houston Rodeo?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dasteez said:

Does Kenny know something we don’t?

Sounds like Kenny wants him on board but I might be reading too much into this. 

Lions want a #1 plus!! No way do we do that, even for our own #2 it would be too much.

The Colts don't need a CB, with Moore, Ya-Sin, Desir and Tell, the Colts have 4 good to great starting quality CBs.

If the Colts needed a CB, then Slay would be a good one but there are other areas more important to waste the limited resources to get another CB.

• Like 1

I’d take him on a 2 year deal at max. He’s older and CBs seem to fall off a cliff at 30 exactly.

Certainly would be an upgrade at the CB position provided that we could get him for a reasonable cost. I don’t think Ballard pulls the trigger here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had inquired.