Indianapolis Colts
Dingus McGirt

Another Rivers to the Colts Prediction

I still don't see the point of it at all. Rivers won't be successful here. He has never made any significant impact w far better rosters. Waste of time from us imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rayski said:

I still don't see the point of it at all. Rivers won't be successful here. He has never made any significant impact w far better rosters. Waste of time from us imo.

Rivers with Reich (2013-15)

2013 - #5 in total yards, 32/11, #2 QBR

2014 - #8 in total yards, 31/18, #10 QBR

2015 - #2 in total yards, 29/13, #16 QBR

In 2013, he didn't really have a good #2 WR. In 2014 and 2015, he didn't have a pass catcher over 1000 yards. So did very well with a large mix of pass catchers. He also didn't have a 1000 yard rushing in 14 and 15.... so, far better roster??????

Just now, EastStreet said:

Rivers with Reich (2013-15)

2013 - #5 in total yards, 32/11, #2 QBR

2014 - #8 in total yards, 31/18, #10 QBR

2015 - #2 in total yards, 29/13, #16 QBR

In 2013, he didn't really have a good #2 WR. In 2014 and 2015, he didn't have a pass catcher over 1000 yards. So did very well with a large mix of pass catchers.

Rivers,as a player, for me is like Bill O'Brien as a coach. They will get you wins in the regular season but they won't get you over the hump when the games actually matter. If you think about what sort of talent the Chargers had from HoF tight end and running back to possibly the best roster in the league couple of years ago, he hasn't delivered imo. I just don't see how at age 38 he'd do any differently in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, rayski said:

Rivers,as a player, for me is like Bill O'Brien as a coach. They will get you wins in the regular season but they won't get you over the hump when the games actually matter. If you think about what sort of talent the Chargers had from HoF tight end and running back to possibly the best roster in the league couple of years ago, he hasn't delivered imo. I just don't see how at age 38 he'd do any differently in the playoffs. 

He's had bad OLs for the last 5-6 years though, so need to factor that. 

Not saying he's the 2nd coming, but he's a whole lot better than JB, and will be a good mentor should we bring in a rook (not to mention CK)

• Like 1

It's about to be interesting.

As many times as peyton lost in the playoffs I never truly felt it was because he was an inadequate QB. 

Honestly, if the Colts sign Rivers I can get behind it. I have heard that Rivers has a crazy amazing work ethic, which if anything, could help Chad Kelly who I am still keeping my eye on, or a draft pick. 

I don't see Frank or Chris signing a dud at QB, so if Rivers can even be half of the QB he used to be, the Colts will make the playoffs. With this trade that Ballard pulled off, to signing rivers, that leaves you a lot more room for error than JB could. 

And I think everyone is losing sight of how important an Elite DT is to this type of defense. Leonard has so many stats without a guy like this. Dont be surprised to see his sacks close to double this coming year. 

This defense just got geared towards giving a guy like rivers a lot of chances. This is Nelson for the oline level changing for this defense. You guys will see. 

I'm for Rivers.