Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Every Colts TD this past season

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Watching this we really were not the same team after TY got hurt and Jacobys injury. If Jacoby does start the season all he needs is a little more consistency. There really were a lot of beautiful throws. He actually throws on  the run pretty well.  Everything with injuries really caught up to us the second half of the season. If we draft and Jacoby starts again I expect to see different results with upgraded and healthy weapons. A lot of weird things happened. I don’t think Jacoby is as bad as he looked the second half. 

The TD highlights make it look better than he was

he had 7 games under 200 yards passing, several of those before he or ty got hurt

almost all of his stats look bad tbh, low QB rating, low yards, was 26th in TDs.  pff had him low

the team swore the injury wasnt the problem late in the season too

• Like 1

I really don’t care about how many yards he gets a game. That isn’t really indicative of how he played.  

His biggest issue was consistency. He had throws he threw with touch and anticipation. He had throws he made on the run.  When TY went down it changed how teams defended us. There was no one guy anymore that teams were scared of. I am confident adding another big time WR with TY and a healthy Campbell he is going to do just fine. Do I think he is the future. Probably not.  Do I think we still need to draft a QB? Probably. But I am not as concerned as everyone else If he starts the season.

• Like 1

Manning used to work with his receivers relentlessly.  And that was over a number of years, not just half a season.  JB has had no consistency in his receiving corps, and Ebron even quit.

I'm sure JB is no down the field threat, but having receivers that actually stay more than one season, meaning, they are actually talented enough to last, would benefit any QB.

• Like 1

If TY hadn’t got hurt and Jacoby didn’t hurt his knee this was probably a ten win team. I really don’t think he is as bad as people want to make him. Sometimes there is just weird things that happen during the season. I actually would be really intrigued to see him start the season and see if there are improvements.  I just can’t see them signing Rivers and letting Jacoby walk. I think Jacoby still has some upside while Rivers is declining. Jacoby was very good in the red zone first half of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think yards are important but not the end all be all, i mean was 26th in tds too. 

i think he would have lost to the dolphins imo, they stopped our running game and we were 30th in passing with jacoby 

He was at the top of the league in TD the first half. What happened after that. TY got hurt and he hurt his knee.  The running game was stunted some because of TY injury. Defenses had nobody they had to worry about. Add Campbell back healthy a WR in the draft that should change. I don’t think it was all they figured Jacoby out. 

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Highlights probably aren’t the best way to form an opinion on a player. Show me all of Jameis’ TD’s and he’ll look like a legend. Not that they have the same weaknesses, but they both do very much have them.

I agree. My point was he did have some nice beautiful throws. He did throw with touch and anticipation at times.  The question is can he get more consistent if he is the starter next season. I think he can.  Reich adding all the offensive minds on the staff should help also.

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think yards are important but not the end all be all, i mean was 26th in tds too. 

i think he would have lost to the dolphins imo, they stopped our running game and we were 30th in passing with jacoby 

That's a tough game to assume what would have happened with a healthy JB. 

Hoyer threw that game away precisely by trying to do too much.  MIA may have even stacked the running game to not just stop the run, but inviting Hoyer to throw picks, but might not have stacked it so much thinking that JB takes care of the ball.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree. My point was he did have some nice beautiful throws. He did throw with touch and anticipation at times.  The question is can he get more consistent if he is the starter next season. I think he can.  Reich adding all the offensive minds on the staff should help also.

He did have good throws for sure. And I do think he’ll improve over the offseason, just not dramatically so/quite enough. I think his ceiling is just about met.

I’m expecting the whole JB debate to be reignited if he starts next year. He’ll look sort of improved (hard not to after how he ended the season) and people will wonder if he can’t get even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really don’t care about how many yards he gets a game. That isn’t really indicative of how he played.  

His biggest issue was consistency. He had throws he threw with touch and anticipation. He had throws he made on the run.  When TY went down it changed how teams defended us. There was no one guy anymore that teams were scared of. I am confident adding another big time WR with TY and a healthy Campbell he is going to do just fine. Do I think he is the future. Probably not.  Do I think we still need to draft a QB? Probably. But I am not as concerned as everyone else If he starts the season.

Teams started defending us differently early in the year, and it wasn't because of TY. They keyed on our run and dared JB to throw.

You get too hyped over highlight vids. I could make Winston look like a Hall of Famer if I used "highlights".... I'd love to see a vid of every bad pass, and every missed receiver... 

Yeah I do not think his ceiling is high enough to get us where we need to be. It’s not crazy though to think he will improve. I mean how can it not if everyone stays pretty healthy and we add a upgraded weapon or two.  I mean if injuries didn’t hit the ER group like they did we probably end up with the same record as we had the year before.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Teams started defending us differently early in the year, and it wasn't because of TY. They keyed on our run and dared JB to throw.

You get too hyped over highlight vids. I could make Winston look like a Hall of Famer if I used "highlights".... I'd love to see a vid of every bad pass, and every missed receiver... 

With a healthy TY though Jacoby and TY probably would of made people pay. It’s easy to just stop the run when there isn’t a WR that changes the way you play defense. 

Like I said can he get more consistent and make some of those throws on a more consistant bases. I don’t think his ceiling is high enough to get us where we need to be but I don’t think he is as awful as everyone wants to say.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He did have good throws for sure. And I do think he’ll improve over the offseason, just not dramatically so/quite enough. I think his ceiling is just about met.

I’m expecting the whole JB debate to be reignited if he starts next year. He’ll look sort of improved (hard not to after how he ended the season) and people will wonder if he can’t get even better.

If Ballard drafts a QB at 13 or 34, I don't think fans will be triggered if JB starts the season. I think most will expect it (if they actually keep JB on the roster). Fans will only get triggered when we have sub 200 yard games, sub 50 QBRs, losses, etc.. Heck folks keep pointing toward how good JB played the 1st half of the season when we were 5-2. He didn't play really well at all. It's all smoke and mirrors He had two good game (Houston and ATL), one OK game (LAC), and 4 bad games. It just so happened that the "team" covered up a lot of the bad. 3 sub 40 QBR games.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a healthy TY though Jacoby and TY probably would of made people pay. It’s easy to just stop the run when there isn’t a WR that changes the way you play defense. 

Like I said can he get more consistent and make some of those throws on a more consistant bases. I don’t think his ceiling is high enough to get us where we need to be but I don’t think he is as awful as everyone wants to say.

Nah... TY, even when healthy, never had a 100 yard game this year. And it wasn't a TY problem either. 

We had plenty of open pass catchers all year. It is easy to stop the run (we still ran well by the way) when your QB can hit open guys. And there is no "consistency switch" to flick. The inconsistency is a product of deficiencies. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah... TY, even when healthy, never had a 100 yard game this year. And it wasn't a TY problem either. 

We had plenty of open pass catchers all year. It is easy to stop the run (we still ran well by the way) when your QB can hit open guys. And there is no "consistency switch" to flick. The inconsistency is a product of deficiencies. 

TY really didn’t play that many games healthy. Not only did he miss all those games there was a couple he should of never played like the second Texan game. He was on his way to 160 yards in the Atlanta game before reinjuring his quad. When he is on the field getting a lot of attention that opens things up for other players so it isn’t all about how many yards TY gets. Don’t even get me started on Ebron quitting on the team. He opens things up for others also. I know he missed a lot the second half of the season with open guys. At that point it seemed the team in every aspect had just fallen apart.

45 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY really didn’t play that many games healthy. Not only did he miss all those games there was a couple he should of never played like the second Texan game. He was on his way to 160 yards in the Atlanta game before reinjuring his quad. When he is on the field getting a lot of attention that opens things up for other players so it isn’t all about how many yards TY gets. Don’t even get me started on Ebron quitting on the team. He opens things up for others also. I know he missed a lot the second half of the season with open guys. At that point it seemed the team in every aspect had just fallen apart.

When TY was doubled, JB still tried to force a ton to him, and didn't even look at wide open guys. To the original point, even when he was healthy, it didn't matter much. JB missed guys in the 1st half of the season just as much, it's that simply people weren't posting all-22 captures until the 2nd half. That didn't start until we started losing, and even then the JB defenders sang the "nobody is open" sad song, which was completely false. The problem happened all year, just not when were losing in the 2nd half.