Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your fondest memory of Andrew Luck

CR91

21 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The point of playing the game is to win the SB. I look back on Andrew's career mostly in disappointment because he never even made it there. While yes, he was easily one of the most talented Colts QBs ever, it isnt enough for me to be able to celebrate talent without a ring. 

Celebrate the talent on his own merits. Andrew Luck was literally the last problem of this team and the LAST reason we didn't make a Superbowl. Luck was everything he was promised to be... we just gave him Grigson and Chuck and horrific defenses and OLines and rungame for pretty much the entire duration of his career. It's kind of a miracle that he was able to drag this team even to that level of success. Looking back on it... holy % how bad this team was during those years. We were giving up 60 sacks some years... we were giving up average of 34 points in losses. There was a pediod of FIVE YEARS(no this is not a mistake, FIVE YEARS!!!!) we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. And to supplement the horrible OLine, Pagano decided that it's a good idea to run Air Coryell offense that relies on tons and tons of 7 step drops and long developing routes... because sure... if there is something that a bad oline needs it's to have to protect for as much time as possible.

Was there ANYTHING above average besides Luck on this team for the first 5-6 years? I'm getting angry even thinking about it. What a waste... what a complete and utter waste of a generational talent. Grigson and Pagano should feel shame for the rest of their lives for what they put on the field and for what they put Luck through. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Celebrate the talent on his own merits. Andrew Luck was literally the last problem of this team and the LAST reason we didn't make a Superbowl. Luck was everything he was promised to be... we just gave him Grigson and Chuck and horrific defenses and OLines and rungame for pretty much the entire duration of his career. It's kind of a miracle that he was able to drag this team even to that level of success. Looking back on it... holy % how bad this team was during those years. We were giving up 60 sacks some years... we were giving up average of 34 points in losses. There was a pediod of FIVE YEARS(no this is not a mistake, FIVE YEARS!!!!) we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. And to supplement the horrible OLine, Pagano decided that it's a good idea to run Air Coryel offense that relies on tons and tons of 7 step drops and long developing routes... because sure... if there is something that a bad oline needs it's to have to protect for as much time as possible. I'm getting angry even thinking about it. What a waste... what a complete and utter waste of a generational talent. Grigson and Pagano should feel shame for the rest of their lives for what they put on the field. 

Both of them are still laughing all the way to the bank.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck is on that middle ground for me. If we drafted Tannehill at 8 instead of Luck hypothetically and he had Luck's career, I'd be ok with it. However, with the hype behind Luck, the time invested in him, and the mediocre results we got with him, I feel like he completely underachieved during his career, and I wasted a lot of time and energy watching and supporting the Colts for 8 years. Grigson and Pagano were a big problem, but Luck never had much passion for the game (as I always said in the forum), and he couldn't beat the Pats.

Honestly, if he came back, I'd welcome it, but I'd have no faith he could beat the Chiefs or Ravens in the playoffs. It'd be like 2014 every year unless we faced the Texans and Titans in the playoffs, which would satisfy some, but would be pretty old to me quickly.

Mediocre results?

The guy was our QB for 7 years.  And we went to the playoffs every single year he was healthy.   The only years we didn’t go to the playoffs, either Luck was hurt (15 & 17) or the team was poor (16).   Otherwise 12, 13, 14, and 18 were incredible years. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Celebrate the talent on his own merits. Andrew Luck was literally the last problem of this team and the LAST reason we didn't make a Superbowl. Luck was everything he was promised to be... we just gave him Grigson and Chuck and horrific defenses and OLines and rungame for pretty much the entire duration of his career. It's kind of a miracle that he was able to drag this team even to that level of success. Looking back on it... holy % how bad this team was during those years. We were giving up 60 sacks some years... we were giving up average of 34 points in losses. There was a pediod of FIVE YEARS(no this is not a mistake, FIVE YEARS!!!!) we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. And to supplement the horrible OLine, Pagano decided that it's a good idea to run Air Coryell offense that relies on tons and tons of 7 step drops and long developing routes... because sure... if there is something that a bad oline needs it's to have to protect for as much time as possible.

Was there ANYTHING above average besides Luck on this team for the first 5-6 years? I'm getting angry even thinking about it. What a waste... what a complete and utter waste of a generational talent. Grigson and Pagano should feel shame for the rest of their lives for what they put on the field. 

So I'm supposed to celebrate what he went through is what you're saying? If Peyton doesn't win a SB no one calls him great. He would have never proven his true potential. That's just my opinion though. What they did on a talent scale is undeniable and I didnt take that away from him. But I celebrate winners. And Andrew Failed to attain the ultimate goal. I believe he could have come back. He just decided not to. He decided he didnt want to try and get a SB anymore and that's his personal decision. I am a Colts fan. Not an Andrew Luck fan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

So I'm supposed to celebrate what he went through is what you're saying? If Peyton doesn't win a SB no one calls him great. He would have never proven his true potential. That's just my opinion though. What they did on a talent scale is undeniable and I didnt take that away from him. But I celebrate winners. And Andrew Failed to attain the ultimate goal. I believe he could have come back. He just decided not to. He decided he didnt want to try and get a SB anymore and that's his personal decision. I am a Colts fan. Not an Andrew Luck fan. 

No, celebrate his talent and the fun times he gave you for the last 7 years or so. I see no reason why you wouldn't call Andrew a winner. Football is team game. He did everything possible to win us games and won us a ton of more games than the talent and decisionmakers around him suggested we can win. 

His retirement hit hard a lot of fans and I completely understand the frustration and feeling of unfinished business he left, but that's a topic for different conversation. We can still appreciate and celebrate what he gave this team while he was here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mediocre results?

The guy was our QB for 7 years.  And we went to the playoffs every single year he was healthy.   The only years we didn’t go to the playoffs, either Luck was hurt (15 & 17) or the team was poor (16).   Otherwise 12, 13, 14, and 18 were incredible years. 

2012 and 2018 were the only incredible years with Luck. 2012 because I thought it was the first year of a journey of winning SBs. 2018 was because I thought Luck was back for good, we had the correct coach and GM, and now Luck was going to ball out. Never happened and he quit in his prime. Big waste of time and energy with hindsight, and I'm supposed to go through that all over again? It's like the equivalent of a rich person losing all his money and having to start again from the bottom. This offseason is a big determining factor whether I watch the Colts next year.

Rather put my head in a pot of boiling water than watch Brissett at QB for another year. I got so much enjoyment and entertainment from Mahomes winning the SB because he reminded me of what Luck could of been, and I lived through him for a day. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1