Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your fondest memory of Andrew Luck

CR91

Personally, I will never forget the greatness that was Andrew. Imo, the greatest QB to make scrubs and/or below average talent look like valuable options in our offense while doing it behind some of the worst lines ive ever seen. I'm talking guys like Inman, Herron, Fleenor, Allen, Ebron, Ballard, Swoope, moncrief. Imo, if Andrew had Reich and Ballard from the start of his career, we would have championships. Andrew was all heart and all about making the play. 12 will never leave my memory.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Personally, I will never forget the greatness that was Andrew. Imo, the greatest QB to make scrubs and/or below average talent look like valuable options in our offense while doing it behind some of the worst lines ive ever seen. I'm talking guys like Inman, Herron, Fleenor, Allen, Ebron, Ballard, Swoope, moncrief. Imo, if Andrew had Reich and Ballard from the start of his career, we would have championships. Andrew was all heart and all about making the play. 12 will never leave my memory.

When he quit ...just before the start of the season 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

The Packers Chuck Strong game.

• Like 3

I was at the Colts/Chiefs playoff game we won, so I'm biased, but the Superman dive over the goal line after Brown/Ballard(?) fumbled was magic. It didn't even give us the lead, but it was the one where you knew nothing was going to stop us and we were going to win. As a side note. I was so dang proud to be a Colts fan that day. That crowd did NOT give up. They were loud and supportive all game.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

I was at the Colts/Chiefs playoff game we won, so I'm biased, but the Superman dive over the goal line after Brown/Ballard(?) fumbled was magic. It didn't even give us the lead, but it was the one where you knew nothing was going to stop us and we were going to win. As a side note. I was so dang proud to be a Colts fan that day. That crowd did NOT give up. They were loud and supportive all game.

I was there too, such a great memory!!!

• Like 3

He had 5 signature wins that stood out to me:

5. The win at LOS over the Seahawks (2013 season). The Seahawks went on to win the SB that season but Luck got the better of Wilson on that day.

4. Our playoff win at Houston (2018 season). That for the moment made us kings of the AFC South again.

3. The ChuckStrong game vs the Packers (2012 season). Great comeback win against a great Packers team. Luck was a rookie but played like a 10 year veteran that day out dueling Rodgers.

2. The playoff game vs the Chiefs (2013 season). Down 38-10 in the 3rd Qtr, comeback to win it 45-44. Just incredible.

1. The playoff game at Denver (2014 season). It was Luck's only Divisional Round win and nobody gave us a chance going into it. We were 8 point underdogs and beat a Peyton Manning led team, they also had a healthy Von Miller on defense. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Was that the one that got us to 8-8? It was so phony, he was mocking the fans.
 I felt then that he was struggling with his love for the game. 

I think that arm pumping thing had something to do with Blake Bortles. The game they played in London earlier that season, Bortles did close to the same thing and threw the ball in the crowd to boot after a TD. Bortles was rubbing it in. After Luck did the arm pumping he looked over at the Jags bench.

when he picked up someone fumble during the KC game can't remember who it was, but it looked like a busted play and the comeback was over but somehow it just like bounced right in his arms and he dove into the endzone. That whole game sticks out but that play especially, as well as the one where he rolled to the right and found an open man down the sideline, he just threw a dime. I think thats when everyone was like wow, ok its not just hype this guy is good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Was that the one that got us to 8-8? It was so phony, he was mocking the fans.
 I felt then that he was struggling with his love for the game. 

What the.....   ?   Andrew Luck was here 8 years and you NEVER figured him out.    Phony?   Mock the fans?

How clueless can you be?   Andrew Luck doesn’t have a phony bone in his body.   That’s why he still uses a flip phone.   That’s why he’s never on social media.   That’s why he runs a book club for adults and kids.   That’s why he drives a Honda Accord.  That’s why he lives in Downtown Indy and rides around on his bike.  That’s why he stops for selfies and autographs.  That’s why he compliments defenders who put a big legal hit on him.  He's as real as they come.   He’s legit.  As a player AND as a person. 

And none of this seems to register with you.   You think he’s a phony who was mocking the fans?!?  Oh, Dear God!

He was happy for his team.  He was happy for his head coach.   He was happy for the fans.    8-8 beats 7-9 every time.  

For eight years I’ve been asking “Where do you get this stuff?”  
But this one is a whopper!   Wow...  how sad.... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

That little show for tv, he performed in the endzone...just before he abandoned his team and fanbase.  

That was odd.  I wish i knew the REAL story behind that.  It was just so weird.  At the time, and especially later.  I just cant wrap my head around the purpose and/or benefit.

I refuse to believe it was to sell tickets.  Water under the bridge now i guess.  Weird tho.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

That was odd.  I wish i knew the REAL story behind that.  It was just so weird.  At the time, and especially later.  I just cant wrap my head around the purpose and/or benefit.

I refuse to believe it was to sell tickets.  Water under the bridge now i guess.  Weird tho.

Yep.  Very strange in retrospect.  Only added to the feeling of a charade.

Luck is on that middle ground for me. If we drafted Tannehill at 8 instead of Luck hypothetically and he had Luck's career, I'd be ok with it. However, with the hype behind Luck, the time invested in him, and the mediocre results we got with him, I feel like he completely underachieved during his career, and I wasted a lot of time and energy watching and supporting the Colts for 8 years. Grigson and Pagano were a big problem, but Luck never had much passion for the game (as I always said in the forum), and he couldn't beat the Pats.

Honestly, if he came back, I'd welcome it, but I'd have no faith he could beat the Chiefs or Ravens in the playoffs. It'd be like 2014 every year unless we faced the Texans and Titans in the playoffs, which would satisfy some, but would be pretty old to me quickly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

I would not welcome him back precisely because I agree with everything else you said in your post. Lots of wasted time imo.

I'd only welcome him back because of our current QB situation. I really don't trust Brissett or any rookie to carry us past the Chiefs or Ravens when it counts. Maybe Dalton or Carr could, but we're in that situation where if we want to compete, a rookie would need a year or two to get acclimated to the NFL, and by then we would be re-signing the 2017-2018 draft classes. At this point, I'm impatient and want a chance to compete, and Luck is the only semi-realistic option to do so if he returns.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck is on that middle ground for me. If we drafted Tannehill at 8 instead of Luck hypothetically and he had Luck's career, I'd be ok with it. However, with the hype behind Luck, the time invested in him, and the mediocre results we got with him, I feel like he completely underachieved during his career, and I wasted a lot of time and energy watching and supporting the Colts for 8 years. Grigson and Pagano were a big problem, but Luck never had much passion for the game (as I always said in the forum), and he couldn't beat the Pats.

Honestly, if he came back, I'd welcome it, but I'd have no faith he could beat the Chiefs or Ravens in the playoffs. It'd be like 2014 every year unless we faced the Texans and Titans in the playoffs, which would satisfy some, but would be pretty old to me quickly.

I kind of agree.  With all the hype and Investment in his talent , i do feel something was left on the table, so to speak.

I always wanted a lil more fire from him, and its ok to get mad.  He was different.  The bonehead plays out of nowhere were also frustrating.

I just didnt see the killer instinct that the great ones seem to have.

That said, he’d still be top ten QB , without much effort, if he came back.

Grigs, Pagano, Lucks injuries, etc are all part of the issues from that time.  Andrew was a talented, exciting young WB that we enjoyed for far too short of a time.  The NFL is changing fast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't turn this into a I hate Luck thread. Stick to the OP's topic

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I kind of agree.  With all the hype and Investment in his talent , i do feel something was left on the table, so to speak.

I always wanted a lil more fire from him, and its ok to get mad.  He was different.  The bonehead plays out of nowhere were also frustrating.

I just didnt see the killer instinct that the great ones seem to have.

That said, he’d still be top ten QB , without much effort, if he came back.

Grigs, Pagano, Lucks injuries, etc are all part of the issues from that time.  Andrew was a talented, exciting young WB that we enjoyed for far too short of a time.  The NFL is changing fast.

What was left on the table was enough talent around him. Particularly right in front of his nose.