Indianapolis Colts
danlhart87

This mock has us trading up for Love

We wouldn't have to give up much to get to 11.  That said I can see us staying at 13 and taking Kinlaw and trading back into the bottom of the 1st to get Eason as this projection has the Chargers doing.  So much depends on what the QB needy teams do in FA.  These mocks are just for fun until the QB shuffle in FA shakes things out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would never, under any circumstance, trade up for Love. I’m barely coming around on the idea that he might be an option at 13, and would much rather take him trading up from 34 or even at 34 if possible. He’s not even close to being worth trading up for that early

• Like 8

2 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I would never, under any circumstance, trade up for Love. I’m barely coming around on the idea that he might be an option at 13, and would much rather take him trading up from 34 or even at 34 if possible. He’s not even close to being worth trading up for that early

I agree, the more I watch tape on Kinlaw, the more I hope we get him with 13. 

• Like 4

Seems like in that mock we were afraid Oakland might take him at 12. I find it hard to believe the Chargers wouldn’t of took him after panthers trade up for Herbert. Yes I would do that trade. Wouldn’t cost much. If he is the guy and your afraid Oakland will take him do the trade.

Remember, these days,  EVERYONE does a mock.   They’re click bait for fans all over the country.

Popular Mechanics does a mock.

Field and Stream does a mock.

Martha Stewart Living does a mock.

You get the idea.   The point is this...   Just because some media outlet does a mock, doesn’t mean it’s a good mock.   Doesn’t mean it’s worth giving the outlet credibility.   Be skeptical.   And, for the record,  I happen to like USA Today for most sports coverage.  But I don’t think they do a great job on draft coverage.    Just sayin...  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Remember, these days,  EVERYONE does a mock.   They’re click bait for fans all over the country.

Popular Mechanics does a mock.

Field and Stream does a mock.

Martha Stewart Living does a mock.

You get the idea.   The point is this...   Just because some media outlet does a mock, doesn’t mean it’s a good mock.   Doesn’t mean it’s worth giving the outlet credibility.   Be skeptical.   And, for the record,  I happen to like USA Today for most sports coverage.  But I don’t think they do a great job on draft coverage.    Just sayin...  

I stopped reading Field and Stream years ago.... their Bears bias was just too much. :lecture:

As for the OPs trade up question.... no... I would not make that trade.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:48 PM, WarGhost21 said:

Then, he isn't the Colts' guy.

I'm not sure about Love, prefer Herbert, however in relations to the question I would only want us to pick a QB if we're willing to trade up for them.

Waiting a 13 is so conservative and passive that you'd have to wonder if they truly believe in their pick.

We know what our need is, we know we have the ammunition to move up. If we think one of the QBs in the draft is "our guy" be aggressive and make sure! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

I think Ballard is going for depth in this draft. Not going to trade up...
image.jpeg.f0f268c87569c6a05bd5fa3b1c8b63a4.jpeg

Depth can come in FA also. It’s all going to depend if he is sold on a QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

I think Ballard is going for depth in this draft. Not going to trade up...
image.jpeg.f0f268c87569c6a05bd5fa3b1c8b63a4.jpeg

He wasn't just talking about the draft.  You can throw FA in there as well.  Funchess and Houston last year.  That's about it.  I'm expecting more additions in FA this year.  

The only Qb worth trading up higher than 13 for is Herbert.  

I like the idea of trading up into the 1st for a QB we like, which ever one that is, because our pick 34 puts us in a better position to do that than the other QB-needy teams. 

Picks 34 and 75 are a perfect point value match for pick 22, which BUF has.  That is just ahead of NO and NE, but behind PIT.  If we could get two great positional players, say a DT and a WR, at picks 13 and 44, and get our next Qb with 34 and 75, that would be a successful draft, IMO, regardless of what we do with the remaining picks.

(and I'm sure BUF would like to trade with us just ahead of NE if its for a QB.)

6 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

I'm not sure about Love, prefer Herbert, however in relations to the question I would only want us to pick a QB if we're willing to trade up for them.

Waiting a 13 is so conservative and passive that you'd have to wonder if they truly believe in their pick.

We know what our need is, we know we have the ammunition to move up. If we think one of the QBs in the draft is "our guy" be aggressive and make sure! 

Only worry with Herbert is he decides to cash in one big contract after his Rookie one, then rides off into the sunset to Attend Medical School... I believe that's his ultimate goal.... or I'm completely making up things I think I read somewhere... lol

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Only worry with Herbert is he decides to cash in one big contract after his Rookie one, then rides off into the sunset to Attend Medical School... I believe that's his ultimate goal.... or I'm completely making up things I think I read somewhere... lol

The last part. I'm an Oregon season ticket holder and follow the team closely. No mention of that from a legitimate source. 

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I saw a quote from him. He was asked if he would miss school. He said no and he was happy as long as he is playing football.