Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS Sports Mock Draft has the Colts Taking Auburn DT Derrick Brown


Recommended Posts

This is just the latest example of why I pay less attention to CBS Sports draft coverage.

 

Anyone here think Derrick Brown is going to last to pick 13?    Anyone?   Anyone at all?    Yeah, me neither!

 

And I’d be thrilled if this happened!  Be delighted to be wrong!   The odds are microscopically small. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This would be the dream pick. BPA at a huge position of need. I would happily go something like Brown in the 1st, Aiyuk/Jefferson at 34, and Gordon at 44. Would be a dream scenario honestly.

I’d see what OT was available at 34 maybe but Jefferson wouldn’t be bad. Gordon at 44? He might be a 3rd round pick. Idk?? Will see after the combines who goes up or down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Would be a dream come true, but crazier things have happened. 

 

 

 

 If Carolina chooses I Simmons at 7 and Jax goes for a LT at 9 it will get interesting.
 At 10 the Browns need a LT.
 11-12 the Jets and Raiders take Jeudy and Lamb.
  And there we are.
Gives me more hope that Kinlaw will be there anyway.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 If Carolina chooses I Simmons at 7 and Jax goes for a LT at 9 it will get interesting.
 At 10 the Browns need a LT.
 11-12 the Jets and Raiders take Jeudy and Lamb.
  And there we are.
Gives me more hope that Kinlaw will be there anyway.

 

I could see Carolina going Simmons at 7 if he is there to help replace Kuechly at LB. Jacksonville is my biggest worry but hopefully like you said they will go OT or pass rusher to fill the void of losing Ngakoue. Darkhorse pick for Jax is K'Lavon Chaisson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

I’m thinking 3 QBs, 3 OTs, 2 DTs, 1 CB, 1DE, 1 OLB/S, 1 WRs... Before the thirteenth pick...

So:

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Wills

Wirfs

Thomas (or maybe Beckton)

Brown

Kinlaw

Okudah

Young

Simmons

Jeudy

 

This would leave options like Love, Lamb, Chaisson, Epenesa, and the 4th OT.  So still some good options, though you'd hope there would be some surprises pushing some of those "top 12" down to our pick.  Going to be interesting!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

I could see Carolina going Simmons at 7 if he is there to help replace Kuechly at LB. Jacksonville is my biggest worry but hopefully like you said they will go OT or pass rusher to fill the void of losing Ngakoue. Darkhorse pick for Jax is K'Lavon Chaisson. 

 

 

Call me crazy but, I could see the Giants drafting Isaiah Simmons. The great thing about Simmons he could play multiple positions on the defense very versatile player. 

 

Brown will not fall to 13. This has a 0% a chance of happening. 

 

Being a SEC guy, I've watched Derrick Brown just dominate every Saturday. He's a run stuffing machine and he can rush the Quarterback with ease. If it happens, I would be satisfied with this pick. The issue is, some mocks I've seen had the Panthers taking him at 7. The Panthers need playmakers on their defense especially with the retirement of Luke Kuechly. 

 

 

The Jaguars are also a possibility at 9. Calais Campbell is getting older and need youth on their defensive line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

 

 

Call me crazy but, I could see the Giants drafting Isaiah Simmons. The great thing about Simmons he could play multiple positions on the defense very versatile player. 

 

Brown will not fall to 13. This has a 0% a chance of happening. 

 

Being a SEC guy, I've watched Derrick Brown just dominate every Saturday. He's a run stuffing machine and he can rush the Quarterback with ease. If it happens, I would be satisfied with this pick. The issue is, some mocks I've seen had the Panthers taking him at 7. The Panthers need playmakers on their defense especially with the retirement of Luke Kuechly. 

 

 

The Jaguars are also a possibility at 9. Calais Campbell is getting older and need youth on their defensive line.

 

They just drafted Taven Bryan in the 1st round in 2018, and they still have Marcell Dareus. I think DE will be a bigger need for them if they lose Ngakoue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

They just drafted Taven Bryan in the 1st round in 2018, and they still have Marcell Dareus. I think DE will be a bigger need for them if they lose Ngakoue. 

 

Marcell Dareus is all but gone. They can cut him and save 20M this year, which can go to Ngakoue. Bryan isn't good enough to keep Jax from drafting Brown. They still have Josh Allen and Calais Campbell, and I doubt they let Ngakoue walk for nothing. The have some fat (DJ Hayden, Marquise Lee, Foles - if they can get someone on board to trade for him) on that team they can cut to create cap space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

So:

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Wills

Wirfs

Thomas (or maybe Beckton)

Brown

Kinlaw

Okudah

Young

Simmons

Jeudy

 

This would leave options like Love, Lamb, Chaisson, Epenesa, and the 4th OT.  So still some good options, though you'd hope there would be some surprises pushing some of those "top 12" down to our pick.  Going to be interesting!

You take Love in that scenario 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Reason why he wont b there at 13.  When is the last time u have seen a player who is projected to b  elite,  not just great, making it out of the top 10 in an NFL draft?  If Ballard wants him, he will have to move up.  A scenario which I favor.

I'd be fine with that so long as he doesn't have to give up BOTH 2nd round picks.  But getting Brown for this defense would be HUGE, sort of like the Nelson for the OL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I'd be fine with that so long as he doesn't have to give up BOTH 2nd round picks.  But getting Brown for this defense would be HUGE, sort of like the Nelson for the OL.

According to the draft value chart, picks 13+34=5, so that should be plenty safe before Brown gets taken. Even if we give up a bit of value in that trade to move up to 6, I believe Brown will be there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, throwing BBZ said:

 

 If Carolina chooses I Simmons at 7 and Jax goes for a LT at 9 it will get interesting.
 At 10 the Browns need a LT.
 11-12 the Jets and Raiders take Jeudy and Lamb.
  And there we are.
Gives me more hope that Kinlaw will be there anyway.

I rather have Kinclaw he's got the compleye on and off the field it factor. I dont think him or Brown will be a bust.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I rather have Kinclaw he's got the compleye on and off the field it factor. I dont think him or Brown will be a bust.

I like Brown based on the tape. Just seems a fit for this D.  Kinlaw is good but he tends to get high at time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...