Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BProland's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

This is close to the direction I could see Ballard going in the 2020 draft. Would get help in all areas of need while also getting good value and avoiding reach picks. 

Trades - Indy trades 34th overall pick to Jax for their 2nd, 3rd round picks.

Round 1 Pick 13: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina 
Round 2 Pick 10 (JAX): Josh Jones, OT, Houston 
Round 2 Pick 12: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Round 3 Pick 9 (JAX): Jacob Eason, QB, Washington 
Round 3 Pick 11: Michael Pittman, WR, USC 
Round 4 Pick 16: Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse 
Round 5 Pick 14: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU 
Round 6 Pick 12: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic 
Round 6 Pick 14: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida
Round 7 Pick 13: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia 

With this draft, Ballard gets value at every pick, not reaching for players and instead getting the best players available at positions of need. Let me know your thoughts! A lot of this draft is also based on players rankings from both CBS Sports and Drafftek. 

• Like 2

I don't see any way Eason slides to the third round. Say what you want, but the dude's got a big, accurate arm --- the kind of arm that every scout and GM falls in love with in the combine/private workout scene.

He'll end up in round 1

• Like 1

Agree that Eason is a possible low first rounder but more likely a 2nd round pick. I doubt he lasts past the first 15 picks in round 2. 

BProland, I like your idea of a trade down from 34.  That spot is going to get a lot of action, because there will be more than 1 player projected as a first rounder that is going to be there. The phone will be ringing all night. 

Overall, a very interesting draft that finds talent in areas of need. 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why would Jax trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up a few spots?  Especially since, according to the trade value chart, they would be losing a lot giving up 705 points and get 560 points

They'd be moving up 8 spots, and since the first few picks of the 2nd round are pretty valuable due to 1st round rated guys still be available there, trades like this can easily happen.