Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Heartbreak

Chrisaaron1023

I've been mentioning recently how similar Drew Brees and Peyton Manning's career has been (including just godawful playoff heartbreaking loses). I saw another one that I had forgotten about for Drew this morning. I'd acutally say Drew and the Saints have had more.. Now I'm a young guy, I obviously know about the early 90's Bills, but are there any other teams\players they have had more heartbreaking playoff outs??

Maybe the early 00's eagles?

But man the saints..

2010 lost to 7-9 team in the playoffs

2011 lost last secs TD pass from Alex smith

2017 Minneapolis miracle  

2018 the NFCCG shaft

2019 another last sec in to the hands of Minn. 

It's like when the beat us in the super bowl, our heartache and pain was just passed on to them LOL

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Maybe the early 00's eagles?

But man the saints..

2010 lost to 7-9 team in the playoffs

2011 lost last secs TD pass from Alex smith

2017 Minneapolis miracle  

2018 the NFCCG shaft

2019 another last sec in to the hands of Minn. 

It's like when they beat us in the super bowl, our heartache and pain was just passed on to them LOL

Peyton knew what he was doing, throwing that pick, LOL :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Vikings - 1999, and other instances for Vikings. I will wait for @NFLfan to chime in more. 

For sure. The 1998 Vikings were 15-1 and had one of the most explosive offensive teams. I believe we had had the highest scoring team until K. Warner's Rams "Greatest Show on Turf" team. Our kicker had not missed any FGs all year. In the NFCCG at home against Atlanta (Jan. 1999), we lost the lead in the 4th Quarter but we drive to FG range to take the lead and the kicker misses the FG. Atlanta went on to the SB and lost to the Broncos. 

What a heartache for us Vikings fans! I was numb for a few days. The Vikings and the Lions are the only NFC teams not to make the Super Bowl since 1990. 

In 2010, it should have been the Vikings against the Colts. That was another heartache. But 1999 was the worst, IMO.