Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

According to PFF, colts were the least......

Recommended Posts

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Based on this list, looks like this stat didn't really translate into wins that much, did it?

Based on the top 5 penalized team in the league there is correlation as to the amount of losses. 

The top teams that were penalized are Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland  and Arizona. 

The win-loss record was because of the lack of offense, not the correlation of lack of penalties. Had we had a more potent offense then the penalties would have related to wins. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Based on this list, looks like this stat didn't really translate into wins that much, did it?

Least penalized teams are usually well coached and disciplined teams. 

 

Maybe it did translate in wins. As in... if we weren't this disciplined and well coached we could have won 5 instead of 7, for example. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know the amount of penalties that were waived off or reversed for every team!? Or how many that were missed per team! Or the amount of times teams were cheated from a crap call!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stitches said:

Least penalized teams are usually well coached and disciplined teams. 

 

Maybe it did translate in wins. As in... if we weren't this disciplined and well coached we could have won 5 instead of 7, for example. 

On paper that's correct, but we saw AV shank kicks that directly affected outcomes. We saw an offense that had to exhaust it's bag of tricks weekly to find 17-ish points. 

 

The penalties being low were a product of a disciplined O-Line, if I had to wager a guess without looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The penalties being low were a product of a disciplined O-Line, if I had to wager a guess without looking. 

And a rookie corner who (with the exception of one game) played extremely well from a penalty perspective. Can't wait to see what Rock brings in year 2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Fish said:

On paper that's correct, but we saw AV shank kicks that directly affected outcomes. We saw an offense that had to exhaust it's bag of tricks weekly to find 17-ish points. 

 

The penalties being low were a product of a disciplined O-Line, if I had to wager a guess without looking. 

 

To be fair I am not sure you can fully blame the GM/Coaching staff for being reluctant to give up on AV.  He was recognized as the greatest kicker of all time.  

 

With the offense thing I think that's simply a product of basically have to start a backup quality quarterback the entire season.  

 

How many teams could you legit take their best QB away from them the entire season and have them win 7 games.  Furthermore how many would be in as many games as the Colts where in (Remember AV misses cost us at least 2 games)

 

There are a few. 

The Saints could almost certainly win 7+ games with Bridgewater.  

Maybe the Pats because they always seem to be competitive.  

 

But outside of those teams, who can lose their best QB the entire season and win 7 or more games.  Not that darn many teams.  

 

Reich did very well given the situation.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 10:39 AM, Valpo2004 said:

 

To be fair I am not sure you can fully blame the GM/Coaching staff for being reluctant to give up on AV.  He was recognized as the greatest kicker of all time.  

 

With the offense thing I think that's simply a product of basically have to start a backup quality quarterback the entire season.  

 

How many teams could you legit take their best QB away from them the entire season and have them win 7 games.  Furthermore how many would be in as many games as the Colts where in (Remember AV misses cost us at least 2 games)

 

There are a few. 

The Saints could almost certainly win 7+ games with Bridgewater.  

Maybe the Pats because they always seem to be competitive.  

 

But outside of those teams, who can lose their best QB the entire season and win 7 or more games.  Not that darn many teams.  

 

Reich did very well given the situation.  

 

 

 

They brought in kickers for tryouts several times and Vinny outperformed them... let's not forget that there is a reason why K's without a job are K's without a job (at least an NFL job).  So, yea it was unfortunate that we lost a few extra games from poor kicking.. but no, I don't think that all falls on Ballard and Reich for not replacing AV.  It's not like they didn't look for replacements, they just couldn't bring a guy off the streets who was better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is very well coached. To be the least penalized team and have had played the rookies the way we did is nothing short of astounding. We had 3 rookie DBs who played a bunch.

 

This team is really just a franchise QB and 2 players away from being able to make a deep playoff run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I'll go true darkhorse....   On O - Dulin - could get into the WR rotation, and also make an impact on STs. An injury to TY or Campbell could push him into a lot of action if he can hold off Fountain. He was excellent as a returner when he got a chance late in the season. IIRC, 30 yard average.   On D - Autry - If they use him right (run down DE, pass down DT), could get close to double digits sacks like 2018. IMO he's our 3rd best DL, 4th at worst, and I don't see him riding the pines just because Buckner is coming in for 3T. He played DE for LVR, and had his best year (9 sacks) in 2018 when used both as DE and DT.
    • Do like that their talking about having a lot more of these   Talking about Steph Curry and Jordan, since their bot pretty good at golf.   Talking maybe Phil and Tiger teaming up against couple younger guys(Justin Thomas/McIroy/Koepka/Johnson)   Maybe even with some comedians(Bill Murray, Larry David)   Definitely would like to see more of this.
    • You're right, I knew it was Chris, was jist thinking it was woodys son for a moment.   Woody is suppose to be back this year though, I think?
    • I think his brother Chris is actually running things now since Woody is the UK Ambassador. 
    • Just don't think there will be enough balls to go around for Pascal to put up big numbers.   #4 on wr depth chart (3) rbs getting big touches Doyle, Burton, MAC   Will take a big injury for him to get enough run, imo.   I do really like Pascal though, his run blocking will probably get him more time than anything.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...