Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dalton on the trade block

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He seems to get a lot of yards but not many TD. I am not sure where he would go you start. It won’t be s good team.

Maybe the Patriots. Dalton could give similar production Brady gave this past year.

I'm all for him, I think he is an upgrade over JB and can win us games. I think he was a victim of a absolutely terribly ran organization and coaching staff and lacked talent around him. Ill give a 6th and let him lead whatever QB we draft for a year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

I'm all for him, I think he is an upgrade over JB and can win us games. I think he was a victim of a absolutely terribly ran organization and coaching staff and lacked talent around him. Ill give a 6th and let him lead whatever QB we draft for a year.

I don't know about lack of talent. He had Green for basically his entire career also some good backs like Benson, Bernard, mixon. Upgrade wise, maybe a slight, but not worth trading for.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't know about lack of talent. He had Green for basically his entire career also some good backs like Benson, Bernard, mixon. Upgrade wise, maybe a slight, but not worth trading for.

He did go to three pro bowls when they were healthy too.

• Like 1

I always loved Dalton.  From the very beginning.  With the very first season of Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN.  Cam Newton was the physical phenom.  Jake Locker was the golden boy with the golden boy looks.  But Andy Dalton was a great interview.  He had a twitchy energy that had him nearly bouncing in his seat.  Gruden would be like, "Go draw me such and such a play on the white board."  And Dalton jumped up, drew it out quickly, and explained everything.  This guy runs this route unless it's X coverage.  We're trying to make this thing happen here.  We throw here 1st, or here otherwise.  It was like he was drawing up a play in the dirt for his guys, with the absolute confidence that they were going to do something miraculous.  Loved it.

Now, the idea of Cincy shopping him means only one thing: they are absolutely drafting Burrow.  So why would a GM in their right mind trade for Dalton when they could they could pick him up for free when Cincy eventually cuts him?  I wouldn't do it.  I would wait it out.

• Like 1