Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
zibby43

Oliver Luck quote

Recommended Posts

 I don’t but I think this is people looking for anything to say Andrew is coming back.  Oliver has said over and over again that Andrew is happy away from football and hasn’t offered a hint that Andrew is coming back.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if that did happen guys, that doesn't mean Andrew is re-thinking it all.  

 

Let me give an example.  If I talk about how much fun college was, does that mean that I'm thinking about going back to school?  Does it mean that I'm not happy with my life now?  No. . . It just means that I had fun in college.

 

With Andrew in his retirement speech he said that he loved throwing the football to his friends and that he had more fun throwing the ball to TY than probably should be allowed.  But he citied the constant injures and that he oftentimes attached some of his self worth to how he played on Sundays.  Also indicated that football harmed his relationship with his now wife.  

 

I'd like to see him come back for selfish reasons, so would most of Colts Nation.  But we have to realize it's not in the cards and move on.

 

And don't worry, I'm sure Jim Irsay has mentioned to him many times that if he ever wanted to come back he could, no questions asked.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

 I don’t but I think this is people looking for anything to say Andrew is coming back.  Oliver has said over and over again that Andrew is happy away from football and hasn’t offered a hint that Andrew is coming back.  


You’re probably absolutely right.

 

That said, this is the first quote that we have seen that conveys the fact that, at least a part of Andrew is/was unhappy/sad with the decision, in some facet.

 

The fact that he is lamenting the fact that he bailed on an offensive scheme that he thought was “good” is an indicator, no matter how small, that he still cares about football.  
 

Just my opinion though.  I think it’s a 1% chance he returns at some point.  And I always thought that was the percent chance he’d retire before age 32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oliver Luck has been on media tour promoting the XFL. Every time they ask him about Andrew, he says Andrew is happy now. To me it doesn't seem like there is much of a chance he ever comes back. It sounds like it's over IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of me believes that Irsay and Ballard may be willing to hold off on majorly addressing the QB position another year to see if Luck still has no desire to return.  This isn’t like when we moved on from Manning because the next great one stumbled into our laps.  There are no easy/high probability solutions in this draft...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Luck said something nice about the team who drafted him, gave him millions of dollars, and has a ton of close friends who still play there.

 

People actually see this as a sign of him returning? Lol. Wow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Ricktator said:

Andrew Luck said something nice about the team who drafted him, gave him millions of dollars, and has a ton of close friends who still play there.

 

People actually see this as a sign of him returning? Lol. Wow.

signs-signs-everywhere-signs-1280x640.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we offer Andrews wife a job covering the NFL and Oliver Luck to be the new NFL commish?  Would that do it for you Andrew? And Bring the baby to LOS. Irsay will personally babysit. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-shoulder-injury-wife/1892487001/

 

I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parenting...

 

Rivers has an army of kids and can still find the energy to play ball, just sayin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Parenting...

 

Rivers has an army of kids and can still find the energy to play ball, just sayin'.

Well you know what that means...

 

 

Time to sign rivers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-shoulder-injury-wife/1892487001/

 

I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

Come on dude.   1st of all you don't baby sit your own kid .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-shoulder-injury-wife/1892487001/

 

I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WifiGuy said:

Sorry ReMeDy .  I mis read the post, and thought you were saying this 

 

13 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-shoulder-injury-wife/1892487001/

 

I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

 

43 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Come on dude.   1st of all you don't baby sit your own kid .   

Sorry ReMeDy .   I mis read and thought it was you saying this, when infact it was Olier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/01/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-shoulder-injury-wife/1892487001/

 

I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

I kind of felt some kind of way the day I heard Luck and his wife were having a baby.   Peyton didn't do that until late in his career.  I'm probably grasping at straws, but when Peyton was super focused on his career he didn't go the baby route at all until it was getting more clear he would be hanging them up in a couple years.   I was shocked a little bit that Andrew was already focusing on building his family 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Parenting...

 

Rivers has an army of kids and can still find the energy to play ball, just sayin'.

Energy was never Luck’s problem.  Constant pain was.    Just sayin....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him take some kind of administrative role with the XFL in the coming years. 
 

I mean who wouldn’t want to work with their dad running a football league?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him take some kind of administrative role with the XFL in the coming years. 
 

I mean who wouldn’t want to work with their dad running a football league?

You're assuming the XFL will be around in the coming years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to judge him. I've got two kids of my own, and going to work can be downright painful and depressing leaving them behind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, GoColts8818 said:

 I don’t but I think this is people looking for anything to say Andrew is coming back.  Oliver has said over and over again that Andrew is happy away from football and hasn’t offered a hint that Andrew is coming back.  

This is also Andrews father not some espn writer. Even if Andrew said he was considering coming back it’s not like his dad is going to leak it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You're assuming the XFL will be around in the coming years


Vince McMahon has sold enough of his WWE stock that it will be. We’re talking significant 9 figures here. 
 

And he’s still got a bunch I’m sure he’s willing to dump to fund it. 
 

It also looks like he’s about to make a significant cash in by selling the rights to their PPV events to a major streaming service. 
 

This isn’t Charlie Ebersol and his empty pocketbook launching something that was dead in the water before the paint was ever even on the field. 
 

I really do believe that Vince will fund this project for no less than 5 years before he ever considers pulling the plug. He’s got the TV clout to get broadcast deals that are beneficial to him. Vince is a baron of the TV industry. He’s not gonna get bullied around and stymied into bad TV deals by networks and executives. 
 

A lot of this doubt being cast on this league and Vince are misguided this time around. Vince is a much more business savvy man now than he was 20 years ago, and he’s maintaining his focus on the business side where he belongs and letting the football people handle the football. He’s also a hell of a lot richer now than he was 20 years ago, and he’s not afraid to spend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I really do believe that Vince will fund this project for no less than 5 years before he ever considers pulling the plug.

 

Agreed. What fans and business are likely looking for in a new league is consistency. Vince will most surely take an initial loss, but once he gets past year two and promises to go onto a year three, investors will be realizing this league is legit and it will look a lot more attractive. Vince just has to whether the storm and show people this is not a one-and-done league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

Agreed. What fans and business are likely looking for in a new league is consistency. Vince will most surely take an initial loss, but once he gets past year two and promises to go onto a year three, investors will be realizing this league is legit and it will look a lot more attractive. Vince just has to whether the storm and show people this is not a one-and-done league.

The NFL is the only league that has stood the test of time.   So many other leagues have come and gone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The NFL is the only league that has stood the test of time.   So many other leagues have come and gone

CFL is really the only thing comparable longevity wise and in reality probably only 20% of those players could play in the NFL and start because the NFL has the most talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

Agreed. What fans and business are likely looking for in a new league is consistency. Vince will most surely take an initial loss, but once he gets past year two and promises to go onto a year three, investors will be realizing this league is legit and it will look a lot more attractive. Vince just has to whether the storm and show people this is not a one-and-done league.


The AAF launched in need of the NFL to step in as an angel investor to save it. They had an ugly TV deal that likely wasn’t to their benefit in any way. It was dead on arrival. 
 

The original XFL was literally run by Vince and members of his wrestling creative team who wanted less than nothing to do with the league. Vince wanted his fingerprints all over the league the same way he does with the wrestling product. That’s why we saw all the ridiculous gimmickry. Scripted skits, cheerleader locker room cameras, the sort of content that has no place on a football broadcast. There were no actual football people involved. By the time NBC pulled the plug it was clear that to fix the broken foundation that he had laid it was going to take a lot of effort and money. And quite frankly at that time, even as rich as he was, that was a much loftier investment than Vince could realistically commit to. 
 

Vince is literally a billionaire now. Need another $500,000,000 to find a few more years? No problem it’ll be done by the end of the day. Literally that easy for him. People  really discount how much he is worth, how much he’ll be willing to spend, and just how much more authority he has in the world of television and entertainment. 
 

He’s learned from the last attempt at starting this league and he’s got a team full of actual football people in charge. Will it work? Who knows. But this won’t be the here today gone tomorrow efforts of the AAF and XFL2000. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Waylon said:


The AAF launched in need of the NFL to step in as an angel investor to save it. They had an ugly TV deal that likely wasn’t to their benefit in any way. It was dead on arrival. 
 

The original XFL was literally run by Vince and members of his wrestling creative team who wanted less than nothing to do with the league. Vince wanted his fingerprints all over the league the same way he does with the wrestling product. That’s why we saw all the ridiculous gimmickry. Scripted skits, cheerleader locker room cameras, the sort of content that has no place on a football broadcast. There were no actual football people involved. By the time NBC pulled the plug it was clear that to fix the broken foundation that he had laid it was going to take a lot of effort and money. And quite frankly at that time, even as rich as he was, that was a much loftier investment than Vince could realistically commit to. 
 

Vince is literally a billionaire now. Need another $500,000,000 to find a few more years? No problem it’ll be done by the end of the day. Literally that easy for him. People  really discount how much he is worth, how much he’ll be willing to spend, and just how much more authority he has in the world of television and entertainment. 
 

He’s learned from the last attempt at starting this league and he’s got a team full of actual football people in charge. Will it work? Who knows. But this won’t be the here today gone tomorrow efforts of the AAF and XFL2000. 

The XFL will be done in less than two years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The XFL will be done in less than two years

The one reason I think they may have a real chance to last is they are not restricted to the 2 years out of high school restriction the nfl has.  If they get one year college stars or even high school stars that don’t want to continue in college they may have something there.   I’m not sure it will work or if those players will want to play for that amount but better than playing for free in college if an education isn’t there goal and/or if booster money isn’t as much (a little sarcasm in the later)

 

im interested to see how this plays out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 6:21 AM, John Waylon said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him take some kind of administrative role with the XFL in the coming years. 
 

I mean who wouldn’t want to work with their dad running a football league?

personally, I think Luck is going to be a QB in the XFL next year.  What better way to add some validity to his daddy's league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

personally, I think Luck is going to be a QB in the XFL next year.  What better way to add some validity to his daddy's league?

He will be so much better than anyone else. Like Flutie in Canadian football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Is this a joke? Lol Gates is as washed as they come. He can barely run anymore, strong pass. I’d take Walker over him.
    • More than me enjoying...  I know YOU enjoy them.   As for April, what happens is more info leaks out.   Clearly some of that (most if that?) is a smoke screen.   But sometimes good info gets out.   About guys like Mixon and Sweet and the big Miss State DL grabbed by Tennessee.  That information is always helpful.  Just things to keep an eye out for....   The key is having fun and don’t box yourself in!  
    • I just don't feel like anything changes come April. You know what the remaining needs are for the colts and where prospects were most likely land.   Strange. Draft calculate said it was equal value.    I mentioned Higgins can be a reach, but the draft is unpredictable. More teams go after Ts then IOL and there are a lot of good Ts in this draft. It's either Hurts or Gordon. I'm just not a fan of the other QBs and I feel we can still use his level of athletism instead of just having the QB ride the bench. Oline depth is a big need. We really don't have options if god forbid someone on the line gets hurt. Breeland is still a good option and we still have Doyle and Allie-Cox   Glad you enjoy my Mocks!
    • There is an Antonio Gates article in Yahoo Sports, says in considered signing with the Colts in 2019.  I know his age is up there, 39, will be 40 at the start of the season.  It mentioned that he has retired mindset but maybe Ballard and Rivers can sway him to give it one more year.  With the Rivers to Gates was one the best connections.  He could be a valuable 3rd receiver for the Colts and Rivers.  I think drafting a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round should be considered as well. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...