Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Luck2Hilton4TD

The Next Batch of Top Free Agents that Could Pique the Colts Interest

Recommended Posts

I do like RG Graham Glasgow.  Not a major need for the Colts but it is an area that needs improvement.  Both Glowinski and Nelson are making around $5.4-5.9m/yr and would offer Glasgow at least 5m/yr.

 

For weak-side DTs am hoping we can get either Javon Hargrave or Chris Jones.  Jones I figure will command close to $21m/yr while Hargrave should be a slightly cheaper option around 17m/yr.  Autry playing strong-side DT was by far our weakest DL position and haven't been able to find a capable replacement except for drafting Gallimore.

 

Other FA's been researching that we should target are:

 

RCB Sidney Jones (Eagles) - despite his injuries proved he is still very talented would be a great backup / capable starter 

 

RT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (Eagles) - another backup roster upgrade 

 

FS Tre Boston (Panthers) - Played well last year and imo better long-term backup than Odum.

 

Colts should be able to acquire all 5 for around $35m/yr since we are projected to have the second most available cap space of $86m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard no word about Hargrove. Who wouldn't want him. Their is no way getting Jones with cameras all over him he stated # I want play my carrier here ! Not leaving !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tre Boston won't come here. Pretty sure we worked him out a few years ago and he absolutely hated it. Trashed us on Twitter or something I believe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OhioColt said:

I do like RG Graham Glasgow.  Not a major need for the Colts but it is an area that needs improvement.  Both Glowinski and Nelson are making around $5.4-5.9m/yr and would offer Glasgow at least 5m/yr.

 

For weak-side DTs am hoping we can get either Javon Hargrave or Chris Jones.  Jones I figure will command close to $21m/yr while Hargrave should be a slightly cheaper option around 17m/yr.  Autry playing strong-side DT was by far our weakest DL position and haven't been able to find a capable replacement except for drafting Gallimore.

 

Other FA's been researching that we should target are:

 

RCB Sidney Jones (Eagles) - despite his injuries proved he is still very talented would be a great backup / capable starter 

 

RT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (Eagles) - another backup roster upgrade 

 

FS Tre Boston (Panthers) - Played well last year and imo better long-term backup than Odum.

 

Colts should be able to acquire all 5 for around $35m/yr since we are projected to have the second most available cap space of $86m.

Sydney Jones has been absolutely awful for the Eagles. Borderline unplayable. 
 

He was a very good prospect prior to the Achilles injury but can’t even contribute on eagles team with weak, often injured cbs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

All aboard the Hargrave train. One of the most underrated parts of that Steeler defense.

Steelers are a 3-4 system correct? I hate paying big money for players to transition into a different system on a new team. Two things I dislike, tweeners and position change. Not even sure what his special traits are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Steelers are a 3-4 system correct? I hate paying big money for players to transition into a different system on a new team. Two things I dislike, tweeners and position change. Not even sure what his special traits are. 

Darius Leonard and Hargrave  played together in college so could see a reunion of the sorts.  Hargrave played in a 4-3 base as a LDT in college and obviously has the skills to play NT for the Steelers.  Wouldn’t call Gravedigger a tweener and he is good at clogging up the lanes and stopping the run.  Seeing how he is projected to make 15m+/yr in FA should tell you something, think t5 echelon at his position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Darius Leonard and Hargrave  played together in college so could see a reunion of the sorts.  Hargrave played in a 4-3 base as a LDT in college and obviously has the skills to play NT for the Steelers.  Wouldn’t call Gravedigger a tweener and he is good at clogging up the lanes and stopping the run.  Seeing how he is projected to make 15m+/yr in FA should tell you something, think t5 echelon at his position.

So he is a clogger not a 3 tech? What was he thought of coming out of school? I just know nothing of this guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jdubu said:

So he is a clogger not a 3 tech? What was he thought of coming out of school? I just know nothing of this guy. 

Not sure what the impression out of college was.  At some point have to think we either use our Leonard connection and sweet-talk Hargrave to join us before the table flips and the Steelers, or another team, pay Hargrave and try to leverage Leonard away from us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Norman???

 

Published: Feb. 14, 2020 at 09:59 a.m.

Updated: Feb. 14, 2020 at 10:09 a.m.

Redskins to release CB Josh Norman after four seasons

Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

Print

Josh Norman will not be part of Ron Rivera's new regime in Washington after all.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Friday that the Redskins are releasing the veteran cornerback, per a source informed of the situation.

Norman previously earned his stripes under Rivera in Carolina, where he went from fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler in three seasons. After the Panthers pulled the franchise tag, Norman signed a big-money deal in 2016.

The play of the 32-year-old has waned in recent seasons, as it does for most corners when Father Time cuts their legs out. Norman struggled mightily in 2019 and was discarded by the previous staff. He played just 10 snaps in the Redskins' final six games, per Next Gen Stats.

There was some thought that perhaps reuniting with Rivera could have rejuvenated the veteran corner. But with Norman due $12.5 million in 2020, the Redskins weren't willing to shell out that kind of cash for an aging CB. Washington will save all $12.5 million but jettisoning Norman, with $3 million in dead money.

Given his age, recent play and cost, it's a move that makes sense for Washington, even with Norman's ties to Rivera.

Being released on Feb. 14 might not help Norman's Valentine's Day celebration, but it should give him a jump on finding a new home before all the other pending free agents hit the open market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Not sure what the impression out of college was.  At some point have to think we either use our Leonard connection and sweet-talk Hargrave to join us before the table flips and the Steelers, or another team, pay Hargrave and try to leverage Leonard away from us.

Serious question, because I have no idea.... I'm sure guys talk and daydream about playing together... But when does that actually result in teams getting guys they otherwise wouldnt?  I guess how big of an advantage is knowing a guy from college?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Serious question, because I have no idea.... I'm sure guys talk and daydream about playing together... But when does that actually result in teams getting guys they otherwise wouldnt?  I guess how big of an advantage is knowing a guy from college?

We see it all the time when coaching staff leaves an organization they use their former influences to convince players to rejoin them especially if they played well for that former coach.  Word of mouth has always been one of the best referral tools and player-player contacts is no different than coach-player connections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...