Indianapolis Colts
stitches

[Allbright] Colts have legitimate interest in Broncos FA DL Shelby Harris

Allbright has been pretty spot on on most rumors and especially on Broncos related ones. 

• Like 3

Since he is in Denver as has been pretty good yeah I take this one as real. I have no idea about this player. Need to go look him up.

Yes, I would love it. He disrupts passes in the middle, that is his forte. He generates decent push as well, would be a great fit for our system.

He is a little older and not as big as I would like. Will be 29 when the season starts. We need some younger guys who might be here 3 or 4 years. Anyone got any insight on how good he is? Where does he play on the dline. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is a little older and not as big as I would like. Will be 29 when the season starts. We need some younger guys who might be here 3 or 4 years. Anyone got any insight on how good he is? Where does he play on the dline. 

Interior. He was the one that disrupted the pass in the middle that Big Ben threw to AB for a game clinching INT:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000992515/Can-t-Miss-Play-Shelby-Harris-ICES-game-with-huge-INT-vs-Big-Ben

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/shelby-harris/8869

• Like 1

He is listed as a NT and RDE in their system.  Listed as 6'2" and 290.  Just signed with Drew Rosenhaus as his agent.  Just had his best season.  Would like to stay with Denver, of course they all say that, But he wants a market value contract.  He fits the Ballard profile as a potential signing.  

• Like 1

Sounds like he would be a cheaper Chris Jones but older and might not get quite as much out of him as Jones.  This would be a ballard move though to go cheaper if Jones ends up a FA too. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sounds like he would be a cheaper Chris Jones but older and might not get quite as much out of him as Jones.  This would be a ballard move though to go cheaper if Jones ends up a FA too. 

If he works out in quality for 3 years, I'd be fine with him. DL and OL, sometimes take time for a player to mature against NFL quality linemen. If it is beyond 32, I'd be hesitant. At 29, I still think he has a good 3 years left.

• Like 1

He's not small for 3T especially in our system which relies on shooting gaps and creating pressure without much help from blitzes. 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

He's not small for 3T especially in our system which relies on shooting gaps and creating pressure without much help from blitzes. 

I will take your word on that.  Wonder how much a new dline coach though might change that philosophy.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will take your word on that.  Wonder how much a new dline coach though might change that philosophy.

He won't...at least not as long as Eberflus is the DC running a single gap, C-2

system.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, indykmj said:

He won't...at least not as long as Eberflus is the DC running a single gap, C-2

system.

From what I heard they were letting Eberflus run the interviews for the new coach.  From what was said it was Eberflus baby. So your right about that.

• Like 1

I think Tony Pauline also reported this a little while back, and he’s also proven to have a good track record when it comes to the Colts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Allbright has been pretty spot on on most rumors and especially on Broncos related ones. 

The list will be long of interior defenders that we are interested in.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Chloe6124 said:

always about size with you chics ain't it.:banana:

• Haha 4

On 2/12/2020 at 9:02 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know much but he seems to small to play 3T. 

Chloe?   At 290, he’s bigger than Autry who is 270.   At the Colts 3T,  quickness’s,  suddenness, speed are more prized than size.  

Harris is also only 6’2”..  so 290 pounds should be a good weight.   Autry is 6’5”. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chloe?   At 290, he’s bigger than Autry who is 270.   At the Colts 3T,  quickness’s,  suddenness, speed are more prized than size.  

Harris is also only 6’2”..  so 290 pounds should be a good weight.   Autry is 6’5”. 

I realized that after I seen his picture and how big he is. Lol. He just isn’t very tall. That’s really surprising he has batted down so many balls. He must have a big vertical leap.  

With his age he is probably more of just a stop gap until we can find our own in the draft.  

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I realized that after I seen his picture and how big he is. Lol. He just isn’t very tall. That’s really surprising he has batted down so many balls. He must have a big vertical leap.  

With his age he is probably more of just a stop gap until we can find our own in the draft.  

We might get 3-5 years out of him.  Not sure I’d call that a stop gap. 

• Like 1