Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TDN Premium Forum Mock draft

Below is a link to the first 3 rounds of the Draft Network Premium Slack Channel (if you’re not already a member I would highly recommend that you join) where I was representing our beloved Colts.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/mock-draft-nfl-tdn-premium

The link above will give analysis for the 1st 3 rounds but we carried on past these 3 rounds (currently in the 7th round now) and the Colts have taken the following:

13. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

34. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

44. Prince Tega Wanagho, OT, Auburn

75.  Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir Rhyne 

112. Michael Pittman, WR, USC

143. Albert Okwuegbunhan, TE, Missouri

174. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

192. DJ Wonnum, EDGE, South Carolina

205. Still to be picked but leaning either Elijah Riley from Army or Kindle Vildor from Georgia Southern ( both CBs) 

So how did I do? Was it good enough in your opinion? Did I absolutely nail it or did I do so badly that my Colts fan membership should be rescinded, let me know

• Like 8

Has anyone selected Oklahoma’s Parnell Motley yet.  Very productive with the pbu this year, and has some length.  You did well - I’m still 100% out on Love in the first two rounds, but Kinlaw and Wanogho in our first three picks are perfect. Love Duggar, and I have a good feeling that Wonnum will be a decent pro, despite pretty modest athletic skills...

• Like 1

I like it. Only a few minor things, but I'd be more than happy with it.... And very happy with the first 3 which is most important. Probably wouldn't go S this year, especially that high. Probably wouldn't go TE either. At WR, I love Claypool as an X, but not sure about Pittman. He's just not fast enough to be a real down field threat. He'd probably be relegated to slot/possession, which isn't totally bad if Campbell can take over Z. I don't like DJW, but not a big deal at 192.

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

Has anyone selected Oklahoma’s Parnell Motley yet.  Very productive with the pbu this year, and has some length.  You did well - I’m still 100% out on Love in the first two rounds, but Kinlaw and Wanogho in our first three picks are perfect...

I love Motley as a late round guy.

Motley was taken in the 5th by the Jets.

You can read my analysis for the 1st few picks but here's my general reasoning for the Day 3 picks:

Pittman- I was eyeing Van Jefferson or Quartney Davis but both were taken, I personally like Pittman, very solid receiver who could b a nice X receiver.

Albert O- We need a #2 TE and I thought he was he most athletic TE available, I'm surprised he fell tbh.

Claypool- He had no right being there in the 6th, since I addressed the X position I wanted to address receiver again and add a slot receiver, the choice was between Claypool and Antonio Gibson and to me, Claypool gave me slightly more versatility.

Wonnum- I wanted to add an edge rusher and I felt like Wonum would've been a nice developmental piece

I think I woulda gone:

1 Kinlaw

2 Justin Jefferson

2 Wanogho

3 Stenberg

I’m more worried than most about OL depth/succession... 

Then, with Chinn gone in the 3rd (I think that might actually happen), I think I’d target Anthony Gordon in the 4th.  Was he available at our pick?

12 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

Motley was taken in the 5th by the Jets.

You can read my analysis for the 1st few picks but here's my general reasoning for the Day 3 picks:

Pittman- I was eyeing Van Jefferson or Quartney Davis but both were taken, I personally like Pittman, very solid receiver who could b a nice X receiver.

Albert O- We need a #2 TE and I thought he was he most athletic TE available, I'm surprised he fell tbh.

Claypool- He had no right being there in the 6th, since I addressed the X position I wanted to address receiver again and add a slot receiver, the choice was between Claypool and Antonio Gibson and to me, Claypool gave me slightly more versatility.

Wonnum- I wanted to add an edge rusher and I felt like Wonum would've been a nice developmental piece

I'd go Claypool before PIttman to be honest. I would have taken a speed WR instead of two bigs.

I think Albert O is a decent prospect. I'd still like to give MAC a chance at the #2 spot though.

43 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I like it. Only a few minor things, but I'd be more than happy with it.... And very happy with the first 3 which is most important. Probably wouldn't go S this year, especially that high. Probably wouldn't go TE either. At WR, I love Claypool as an X, but not sure about Pittman. He's just not fast enough to be a real down field threat. He'd probably be relegated to slot/possession, which isn't totally bad if Campbell can take over Z. I don't like DJW, but not a big deal at 192.

Id go safety this year but not that high. Safety in round 4 or later IMO. And Pittman is fine. He’s way more polished than Claypool. His NFL comp is Courtland Sutton and he may be a better route runner.

50 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Id go safety this year but not that high. Safety in round 4 or later IMO. And Pittman is fine. He’s way more polished than Claypool. His NFL comp is Courtland Sutton and he may be a better route runner.

I think CB is more of a need than S. 

Claypool has a much more polished route tree than Pittman. Watched them both a lot. I'd bet their draft profiles say the same.

Not too bad.  It's sort of hard to tell unless you know who was still available.  Pittman aint bad and played in a good USC program.  Of course love the Kinlaw pick.  Don't hate Love, I just don't want him at 13 and you managed to not do that and still get him.  Some other good guys in there as well.

I love what you where able to end up with, I would probably do a back flip if we got all these guys. I like Dugger as a prospect and if i remember correctly the dude is a physical specimen and top 5 at the poistion this year and chances are he will end up going in the second round. I do like Claypool that late. This draft right here would set us up for the long haul imo 

Not sure if allowed trades but wouldn’t mind seeing us trade back in the first taking DT Gallimore where we are actually the weakest to replace Autry.  Looking at FA to replace LDT.  

With Ebron’s future in question to play again in a Colt’s uniform am thinking we select TE Adam Trautman next via Redskins.

Look to take SS Dugger later in Round 2.  If we do trade back in Round 1 also like WR Mims with the late trade pick.

A lot will depend on FA and where we are leveraged.  So many different models can run with different outcomes but overall great job representing Colts Nation.

I did a mock draft on The Draft Network for fun, this is what I got:

image.png.c82be412f72579f87a60e41b4f1de7c4.png

If it is hard to read, here it is:

No.13 - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

No.34 - Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

No.44 - Prince Tega Wonogho, OT, Auburn

No.75 - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

No.132 - Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

No.142 - Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

No.173 - Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

No.191 - A.J.Dillon, RB, Boston College

No.204 - Shyheim Carter, S, Alabama

I am assuming Ballard will make a move or two to address interior DL in free agency. Shyheim Carter is like a STAR safety, when you need 3 safety combinations on the field without losing much in run defense and be able to man 10-15 yards underneath in coverage. I loved the physicality Troy Pride Jr. brought at the Senior Bowl as well. 

On 2/12/2020 at 2:37 AM, GoColtsGo5150 said:

13. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

34. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

44. Prince Tega Wanagho, OT, Auburn

75.  Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir Rhyne 

112. Michael Pittman, WR, USC

143. Albert Okwuegbunhan, TE, Missouri

174. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

192. DJ Wonnum, EDGE, South Carolina

205. Still to be picked but leaning either Elijah Riley from Army or Kindle Vildor from Georgia Southern ( both CBs) 

Love the first 3 picks, after that though like others said I wouldn't have gone with a safety at 75

On 2/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, chad72 said:

I did a mock draft on The Draft Network for fun, this is what I got:

image.png.c82be412f72579f87a60e41b4f1de7c4.png

If it is hard to read, here it is:

No.13 - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

No.34 - Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

No.44 - Prince Tega Wonogho, OT, Auburn

No.75 - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

No.132 - Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

No.142 - Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

No.173 - Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

No.191 - A.J.Dillon, RB, Boston College

No.204 - Shyheim Carter, S, Alabama

I am assuming Ballard will make a move or two to address interior DL in free agency. Shyheim Carter is like a STAR safety, when you need 3 safety combinations on the field without losing much in run defense and be able to man 10-15 yards underneath in coverage. I loved the physicality Troy Pride Jr. brought at the Senior Bowl as well. 

Now I truly like THIS draft. Obviously the one outlier is Herbert being available at #13. But Blacklock, Bryant, Jefferson and Gandy-Golden are rock solid choices, and would improve this team immediately.