Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

The maniac not happy

Just now, indyman411 said:

Yes he was snubbed, but the Colts had a down year, so he was never going to win it. 

He had a very good year, but the Colts had a down year and his numbers (outside INTs) were down from last year.  Sort of glad he seems to take this personal and uses it as a tool to grow, but hope he doesn't take it too personal and let him negatively impact him.

34 minutes ago, indyman411 said:

Yes he was snubbed, but the Colts had a down year, so he was never going to win it. 

Yep. Colts didn't win enough games. It's that simple.

Going against the best WR in man coverage game in and game out while playing zone coverage against slower guys is apples to oranges but Gilmore able to do what he does changes defensive schemes for Belichick and opposing offenses, Maniac does not have the same impact, IMO.

Maniac, whether he does his job or not, Eberflus is neither going to forced to provide help nor compensate for it in any way. It is to an extent apples and oranges comparison, but Gilmore does impact the game more based on the position he plays, IMO.

44 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Can't wait to pay him like the best defensive player in the NFL. Oh Boy!

20 mil a year easy. 

Colts are overlooked to begin with, he plays defense and we missed the playoffs. Welcome to playing for the Colts. At least people know his name

• Like 1

Colts getting jobbed for awards and recognition is nothing new. Remember the time Ray Buchanon led the afc in interceptions but was not selected to the pro(joke) bowl? How about the year Kordel Stewert went to the pro(joke)bowl over Peyton Manning? How many dpoy awards did Duane Bickett win? Remember the year Edgerin James won the opoy? Me neither. It goes on and on people, Darious Leonard, welcome to the club.

He also missed 4 games too. Personally I think Nick Bosa should’ve won the award though.

• Like 2

I hope DL uses it to motivate the rest of our defense. Doesn’t anybody else on our team want to be the best? 

I hate to be a buzzkill, but Leonard was not snubbed for DPOY.  

He said himself that he had a poor start to the season (by his, admittedly, high standards) and then he missed a few games.  He ended the year in DPOY form, no doubt about it, but he was not in the conversation for the award, based on the overall year, in my opinion.

Nick Bosa would have been my choice, but Gilmore is not a terrible choice.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I hate to be a buzzkill, but Leonard was not snubbed for DPOY.  

He said himself that he had a poor start to the season (by his, admittedly, high standards) and then he missed a few games.  He ended the year in DPOY form, no doubt about it, but he was not in the conversation for the award, based on the overall year, in my opinion.

Nick Bosa would have been my choice, but Gilmore is not a terrible choice.

Stop being a buzzkill Dave! I do agree with you though. Hopefully the way he finished the season will be a springboard to a dominant 2020 season!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Stop being a buzzkill Dave! I do agree with you though. Hopefully the way he finished the season will be a springboard to a dominant 2020 season!

I am Scottish mate, it is just my nature! haha

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

the only luck the colts will have is bad luck. Once they get a really good defensive player he will go out and blow an acl in training camp. Its always something :facepalm:

19 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Colts getting jobbed for awards and recognition is nothing new. Remember the time Ray Buchanon led the afc in interceptions but was not selected to the pro(joke) bowl? How about the year Kordel Stewert went to the pro(joke)bowl over Peyton Manning? How many dpoy awards did Duane Bickett win? Remember the year Edgerin James won the opoy? Me neither. It goes on and on people, Darious Leonard, welcome to the club.

I think this is hometown woe is me stuff.   Colts had won many awards in the past.  Remember, there are 32 teams and half of them have a defensive player that they thought should win DPOY.   Edge was OROY, Peyton Manning was MVP several times as well as OPOY and Walter Payton Man of the Year.   Bob Sanders was DPOY.   Arians was COY.  Darius Leonard was DROY.   Luck was CPOY.   Sure, maybe some Colts were in the running, but it is the same for other teams.     

On 2/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, CR91 said:

20 mil a year easy. 

U would pay 20 million a year for Leonard??  I wouldnt and I dont think the Colts would

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U would pay 20 million a year for Leonard??  I wouldnt and I dont think the Colts would

One word - inflation.

The cap in 2-3 years will be insane.

By then, QBs will get 30 million+ a year easily.

Most players getting 10+ million a year.

Backup getting 5+ million.

Remember the $5 shake from Pulp Fiction?

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Leonard and Nelson are both going to end up being the highest paid at their position. I don’t know what the highest paid LB is right now. Unless something changes they will both be looking at big contracts after next season. Leonard will probably get done before Nelson because he doesn’t have the fifth year like Nelson.

I just dont see them sinking 20 mill in a weak side linebacker.  Ravens let Mosley walk when the price got out of hand.  I am not a Leonard basher.  I just think his type of linebacker can be found in the 2nd or 3rd round.  They tend to b lighter and therefore not a high pick needs to be invested.  He is a play maker but lacks sorely in his run D.  Nelson is legit but sad that a large percentage of our cap will be in a WLB and a guard.

20 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

One word - inflation.

The cap in 2-3 years will be insane.

By then, QBs will get 30 million+ a year easily.

Most players getting 10+ million a year.

Backup getting 5+ million.

Remember the $5 shake from Pulp Fiction?

So what u r saying is that Leonard may want 25 million as Mosley signed for 20 last year??  I run from the table if Leonard wants that type of money.  I beleive in investing a certain postions. A guard and a  WLB are not those postions

36 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So what u r saying is that Leonard may want 25 million as Mosley signed for 20 last year??  I run from the table if Leonard wants that type of money.  I beleive in investing a certain postions. A guard and a  WLB are not those postions

You need to look at the player not the position. We're talking about a HOF caliber player.