Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taysum Hill says wants to play QB

He's going to be 30 by the start of the season.  That's not a big deal to me.  QBs are playing well into their late 30's now.  And he's had very little wear and tear.  Payton absolutely loves the guy.  He compares him to Steve Young.  I wouldn't be surprised if a team signs him to an offer sheet and brings him in.  It could cost a team a 1st rd pick depending on the designation the Saints place on him.  Not sure if it would be this year or nexts years pick though.  At least he's proven he can play.  Some teams might view him as a better option than any rookie QB not named Burrows, Tua or Hebert.  

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He's going to be 30 by the start of the season.  That's not a big deal to me.  QBs are playing well into their late 30's now.  And he's had very little wear and tear.  Payton absolutely loves the guy.  He compares him to Steve Young.  I wouldn't be surprised if a team signs him to an offer sheet and brings him in.  It could cost a team a 1st rd pick depending on the designation the Saints place on him.  Not sure if it would be this year or nexts years pick though.  At least he's proven he can play.  Some teams might view him as a better option than any rookie QB not named Burrows, Tua or Hebert.  

If Payton loves that guy, it must tell you something. It does make Teddy, at the very least, expendable, IMO. Being the only 2nd QB on the roster will be an upgrade for this year for Taysom Hill. I feel this is Drew Brees' last year with the Saints. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

How can Payton trust a QB with 6 career NFL completions against 13 attempts resulting in 1 TD?  Sean's comparison of Hill to Young is indeed a lofty one.  The connection between them is that they both played at BYU, and the overwhelming conclusion is that Young was far superior.  We'll see if Sean really believes it soon enough.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully we will know soon what kind of tender the Saints place on him.  A 1st rd or 2nd rd.  There must be a date when this has to happen.  I think it should be a 1st but if it's a 2nd I can see Ballard going there.  It would cost us a 2nd if they don't match and we have two of those.  So many choices so many roads to explore.  

I don't know if I would do a 2nd round tender, but I would love to have him. 

i would pay him 3 yr/27 million and use him as the backup QB and a gadget player as well if he was willing to do that, while being the legit No. 2. Keep Chad Kelley as the 3rd/practice squad QB