Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love Story (NFL.com)

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

he is a future hall of famer .   if we don't get him it will be the biggest draft mistake since people passed up on mahomes .  this kid is better then luck and manning coming out of college.

I can't tell if there is sarcasm in this or not

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coming on strong said:

he is a future hall of famer .   if we don't get him it will be the biggest draft mistake since people passed up on mahomes .  this kid is better then luck and manning coming out of college.

Please oh please tell me you are joking?

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I knew about the situation, but his article went into a lot of detail. Good stuff.

For those that were harsh about the weed incident, I think knowing he grew up with great parents, and one a cop, should dispel some of the behavior concerns.

For the record - the university and his coaches stood firmly behind him on the weed issue and went as far as to insinuate the police and the media reporting on it are not doing their jobs. His coach literally said "I wish those people[the police and media] would have as miserable of day as these kids had". And the charges were dropped a month or so later it seems. Ballard will still need to do his job on this and research what went on but it seems like there is a significant chance Love and the other players were indeed not guilty in this case.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

For the record - the university and his coaches stood firmly behind him on the weed issue and went as far as to insinuate the police and the media reporting on it are not doing their jobs. His coach literally said "I wish those people[the police and media] would have as miserable of day as these kids had". And the charges were dropped a month or so later it seems. Ballard will still need to do his job on this and research what went on but it seems like there is a significant chance Love and the other players were indeed not guilty in this case.  

Purely my opinion, but I do believe they were all smoking. The case was dropped because they found nothing, and the tests only proved prior use, not use that night. Honestly though, I really don't care if they were smoking or not. I don't partake, but I did in college, and I hung with athletes who did as well. Kids being kids. As long as it's not guns, women beating, hard drugs, stealing, violence, etc., I really don't care if college kids are drinking or smoking.... same stuff college kids have done since the 60s and before.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I knew about the situation, but his article went into a lot of detail. Good stuff.

For those that were harsh about the weed incident, I think knowing he grew up with great parents, and one a cop, should dispel some of the behavior concerns.

I think both his parents were cops. Sounds like his mom retired from the force not to long ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I like weed .  doesn't make me a bad person.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 5:43 PM, BProland85 said:

You being serious!?!

yes arm talent wise he has john elway arm.  can throw dimes on the run.  he is mobile , looks like arron rodgers coming out of college or a pat mahomes .   the only reason people are down on him is because his team was horrible in college .  put him on a better college team and he is the number 1 pick in the draft .

5 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I like weed .  doesn't make me a bad person.

I have zero problem with kids being kids, or smoking weed in college. It will be legal nationally in ten years. 

Some people however have an issue with the "decision" aspect of it, given it's illegal, he know's it's illegal, and has a lot to lose by making stupid decisions. That I can understand even though I know it doesn't make him a bad person. Just makes him a person not making a smart decision for his situation.

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I have zero problem with kids being kids, or smoking weed in college. It will be legal nationally in ten years. 

Some people however have an issue with the "decision" aspect of it, given it's illegal, he know's it's illegal, and has a lot to lose by making stupid decisions. That I can understand even though I know it doesn't make him a bad person. Just makes him a person not making a smart decision for his situation.

yea I get it. But I don't think it would defer Ballard either.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is still a question whether they really tested positive or not or if the incident really happened. Charges were dropped awhile ago.

They tested positive, that is confirmed. Charges were dropped because 1) they found nothing and had no evidence (except the tests and "smell" testimony), and 2) the positive tests only confirm there was past use, not use during the incident.

3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Just becuase its an amazing story does not make him worth a 1st round pick

Going through what he did defiantly will flow over to the football field.  The adversity with his father is going to make the NFL look like a cake walk. There is also a lot in that story talking about how smart he is ect. A lot of stuff in there about football.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is he your favorite QB in this draft? You like him better than Tua and Herbert?

He's my favorite, but I don't think he's the best. I like Burrow and healthy Tua better. I have him and Herbert at a very similar level and I separate them by personal preference of liking the higher upside of Love more than the readiness/higher floor of Herbert. But I would be happy with either of them. 

• Like 1

I’ve looked at Love’s college bio and one thing stands out to me....

As best as I can tell, Love was NOT a team captain.   No mention of it.  And for the starting QB, I think Ballard will think that’s a big deal.   I can’t imagine Love not getting asked about that.  His coaches too.   I’m curious about the answer.... 

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve looked at Love’s college bio and one thing stands out to me....

As best as I can tell, Love was NOT a team captain.   No mention of it.  And for the starting QB, I think Ballard will think that’s a big deal.   I can’t imagine Love not getting asked about that.  His coaches too.   I’m curious about the answer.... 

I found this one:

He is one of the team captains. His coach talks very highly of him in various interviews. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I found this one:

He is one of the team captains. His coach talks very highly of him in various interviews. 

Great!    Thanks for finding that!   I was hoping this would be the case.  Not sure why it wasn’t mentioned in Love’s bio?

That removes my biggest question for him.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Great!    Thanks for finding that!   I was hoping this would be the case.  Not sure why it wasn’t mentioned in Love’s bio?

That removes my biggest question for him.

No idea. Just checked the bios of the other captains - it's not mentioned for any of them. Maybe they just don't put it in the bios for any player. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, coming on strong said:

there is a reason ballard is going to all his games and scouting him heavy . ballard knows talent love has been linked to the colts since early last season even when jacoby was playing well.   if he is there at 13 ballard will take him without question.  we would be instant superbowl contenders with love .

Oh brother