Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There is only one guy I want above everyone else in the 2020 draft

Meh, it really boils down to "do we like a QB enough to either draft him at 13 or trade up?"

If the answer is "yes", there is no question about what you do. You go get the QB. 

If the answer is "no", go draft the best player in another position(very possible to be Kinlaw... or one of the WRs... or one of the OTs). 

• Like 2

Kinlaw is an almost perfect fit for our team, and an extremely dynamic defender. I really hope we get him as well. If we want Love, we can always just trade up from 34 to say 22 for him, jumping the two teams that he would most likely go to in the Pats and the Saints. Kinlaw and Love would be an ideal draft IMO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Kinlaw is an almost perfect fit for our team, and an extremely dynamic defender. I really hope we get him as well. If we want Love, we can always just trade up from 34 to say 22 for him, jumping the two teams that he would most likely go to in the Pats and the Saints. Kinlaw and Love would be an ideal draft IMO

Sounds good

I dunno, there's a lot of RBs in this class that I have my eyes on.  I know we don't necessarily NEED one, but this is Marlon's last year of his rookie deal and I could see Ballard passing on paying him big money.  I love Cam Akers and I think Brian Herrien is one of those diamonds in the rough that most people aren't talking about now.  Akers was a former 5 star recruit and was still able to move the ball well for a guy with a notoriously and historically bad offensive line and a bad QB against defenses keying on the run.  Herrien was a 0 star recruit (they say because of academics) that Kirby recruited along with a Georgia stable of class defining RB recruits and current or future Day 1 and 2 NFL Draft RB talent - Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, D'Andre Swift, Zamir White, Elijah Holyfield, and James Cook (Dalvin's little brother).  Curious how he tests.

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

And that is Javon Kinlaw. The Colts have one of the better LBing corps we have seen for quite a few years, and to free them up would do such wonders for this defense making Matt E. One of the better DCs imo in the league. I think he is missing one dominant interior dlineman to make his scheme be truly successful. I think people are scared of not addressing the QB position in a significant way, and to draft any of the QBs other than Burrows with the 13th pick would be desperation. 

I will rejoice like I did with the Quention Nelson pick if the Colts pick Kinlaw. 

i hate to bust your bubble but unfortunately hes got jag written all over him. they couldn't stop the run last year and got manhandled a lot so u might as well write him off

17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dunno, there's a lot of RBs in this class that I have my eyes on.  I know we don't necessarily NEED one, but this is Marlon's last year of his rookie deal and I could see Ballard passing on paying him big money.  I love Cam Akers and I think Brian Herrien is one of those diamonds in the rough that most people aren't talking about now.  Akers was a former 5 star recruit and was still able to move the ball well for a guy with a notoriously and historically bad offensive line and a bad QB against defenses keying on the run.  Herrien was a 0 star recruit (they say because of academics) that Kirby recruited along with a Georgia stable of class defining RB recruits and current or future Day 1 and 2 NFL Draft RB talent - Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, D'Andre Swift, Zamir White, Elijah Holyfield, and James Cook (Dalvin's little brother).  Curious how he tests.

They seem to be already talking extension for Mack.  RB is last on the list of needs. Although drafting one in the fifth rd or so I could see.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They seem to be already talking extension for Mack.  RB is last on the list of needs. Although drafting one in the fifth rd or so I could see.

You won't get Akers for a 5th, but most websites have Herrien as a UDFA. In terms of upside and low risk, Herrien is my favorite RB prospect. At least this early anyway.

4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

And that is Javon Kinlaw. The Colts have one of the better LBing corps we have seen for quite a few years, and to free them up would do such wonders for this defense making Matt E. One of the better DCs imo in the league. I think he is missing one dominant interior dlineman to make his scheme be truly successful. I think people are scared of not addressing the QB position in a significant way, and to draft any of the QBs other than Burrows with the 13th pick would be desperation. 

I will rejoice like I did with the Quention Nelson pick if the Colts pick Kinlaw. 

I really like Javon Kinlaw too and we need a playmaker in the interior, but I was thinking the opposite that people are scared of addressing the QB position in the early parts of the draft because we have been spoiled with 2 easy choices at QB the last two times we have drafted looking for a franchise guy.

And I'll admit it, I was one of the people skeptical of drafting Nelson so early and I'm glad I was wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'm not sure Jordan Love survives past Tampa Bay's pick, Bruce Arians loves a QB who can sling it downfield and if he decides it isn't Winston, Love is a great young QB he can build an offense around.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I really like Javon Kinlaw too and we need a playmaker in the interior, but I was thinking the opposite that people are scared of addressing the QB position in the early parts of the draft because we have been spoiled with 2 easy choices at QB the last two times we have drafted looking for a franchise guy.

Should be pinned to the top of every draft topic regarding QB’s for truth. These are my sentiments exactly. The fanbase is scared of being like every other team where they have to take a “swing” on a QB with traits rather than just run the card in for an elite blue chip QB prospect who just fell in our lap.

If I had to sum it up: people don’t like Jordan Love and Justin Herbert at 13 because they’re not Manning and Luck.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm not sure Jordan Love survives past Tampa Bay's pick, Bruce Arians loves a QB who can sling it downfield and if he decides it isn't Winston, Love is a great young QB he can build an offense around.

Not sure bout that.  Why would he jettison  Winston the turnover machine for Love the turn over machine???

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Should be pinned to the top of every draft topic regarding QB’s for truth. These are my sentiments exactly. The fanbase is scared of being like every other team where they have to take a “swing” on a QB with traits rather than just run the card in for an elite blue chip QB prospect who just fell in our lap.

If I had to sum it up: people don’t like Jordan Love and Justin Herbert at 13 because they’re not Manning and Luck.

Not true.  I just don't think love is worth a top 20 pick.  

45 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not sure bout that.  Why would he jettison  Winston the turnover machine for Love the turn over machine???

Losing four of five wrs and all of your starting OL plus your coaching staff would turn anyone into a turnover machine. Dude threw only 6 picks the year before. What a nonsense comment

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Losing four of five wrs and all of your starting OL plus your coaching staff would turn anyone into a turnover machine. Dude threw only 6 picks the year before. What a nonsense comment

Really???  Brissett lost all of his weapons and his played suffered in thr wnd half of the season.  However, u never saw Brissett turn into a turnover over machine. So u say my remarks r nonsense?? When in fact Love was a turnover machine?  The stats bear it out. U can give me all the supposed reasons as to why but he turned the ball over. Fact

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Ps.  Do research in Love.  He maybe drafted at #4 and some say not till the 3rd round.  I just feel the way the Colts r building a team, he is not a fit. U don't invest in the O line the way the Colts have and put a guy like Love back there to run the show.  I could b wrong but the Colts have said numerous times they value accuracy over anytjing. Love is not good at short and intermediate throws.  His decision making is suspect and he locks on to players.  U point out that he had coaching  and player losses. He also had a very weak schdule. I am not a Love hater.  I just think the Colts need to hit on this draft and pick best player available.  I have a feeling bout Fromm. 

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ps.  Do research in Love.  He maybe drafted at #4 and some say not till the 3rd round.  I just feel the way the Colts r building a team, he is not a fit. U don't invest in the O line the way the Colts have and put a guy like Love back there to run the show.  I could b wrong but the Colts have said numerous times they value accuracy over anytjing. Love is not good at short and intermediate throws.  His decision making is suspect and he locks on to players.  U point out that he had coaching  and player losses. He also had a very weak schdule. I am not a Love hater.  I just think the Colts need to hit on this draft and pick best player available.  I have a feeling bout Fromm. 

Sounds like your just reading stat lines and it really sounds like you are Hater.

Jake Fromm I would say was in the opposite situation of Love where he is less talented but is surrounded by a lot of talented players so he could lean on them instead of them leaning on his play. So his Stats may look better, but College Stat lines don't show how talented a player is, if it did the Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow type players who had great College stats would of had way different NFL careers.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If you look at the type of offense that Bruce Arians likes to play he likes to throw the deep ball, the problem with Winston is he hasn't progressed. Jordan Love has shown that he can play with low turnovers when he doesn't have to constantly play hero ball and BA will be able to teach him how to play in his offense.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Reich and Ballard have both stressed the importance of a QB to extend plays. 

4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I think Carolina is more likely than TB to take Love

If Love, Kinlaw, are gone..... I’m grabbing the best OT available or Epinesa , who seems to be able to line up all over the DL, maybe he becomes our 3T

But.... Kinlaw seems like a good fit if available

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Really???  Brissett lost all of his weapons and his played suffered in thr wnd half of the season.  However, u never saw Brissett turn into a turnover over machine. So u say my remarks r nonsense?? When in fact Love was a turnover machine?  The stats bear it out. U can give me all the supposed reasons as to why but he turned the ball over. Fact

No, your remarks aren't nonsense.  The disingenuous part would be making allusion s to Brissett being exceptional at anything before he lost his weapons... He went from needing others to help him suffice, to not being able to .ai rain an average to below average level of personal play on his own...  Loves ceiling is probably higher than Jbs.... Loves floor is pretty likely just as high and likely higher....  There are so many things other than low ints that you need from a QB.

15 hours ago, stitches said:

Meh, it really boils down to "do we like a QB enough to either draft him at 13 or trade up?"

If the answer is "yes", there is no question about what you do. You go get the QB. 

If the answer is "no", go draft the best player in another position(very possible to be Kinlaw... or one of the WRs... or one of the OTs). 

I agree it comes down to how much they like the QBs. My biggest hope is they get both Kinlaw and Love. I think it's very possible to take Kinlaw at 13, and then get back into the top 20 with our 34 and 44. 

34+44= ~16, so if they like them both enough, they can make it happen without giving up much capital.

I don't think they will entertain a WR in the first. I think it's DL or QB, or possibly OT if AC retires.

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not true.  I just don't think love is worth a top 20 pick.  

So it’s clear you’ve done no real research in Love. Turnover machine? You realize he played 3 years of college right? Only in his final one did he throw a lot of INT’s. He threw 6 in 2018 and then 17 in 2019. Not a turnover machine by any means. That drastic of a change means something happened. Others have already discussed what happened with him his final year.

Theres nothing wrong with not liking Love or Herbert, but you should at least have an informed opinion and not something you got from looking at a stat line. Especially if you’re basing it on one year. Like many I think you should look at pick 13 with an open mind. I want a Kinlaw or Jeudy at 13 just as bad as anyone and I hate the idea that we possibly have to burn a 1st on a QB, but that’s the reality. I understand that the guys outside of Burrow and Tua have their flaws, but understand that this isn’t 1998 or 2012. The Colts don’t have the #1 overall pick with a generational talent at QB to pick. This type of situation is what other teams go through all the time. It’s our turn. Can’t be lucky for ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So it’s clear you’ve done no real research in Love. Turnover machine? You realize he played 3 years of college right? Only in his final one did he throw a lot of INT’s. He threw 6 in 2018 and then 17 in 2019. Not a turnover machine by any means. That drastic of a change means something happened. Others have already discussed what happened with him his final year.

Theres nothing wrong with not liking Love or Herbert, but you should at least have an informed opinion and not something you got from looking at a stat line. Especially if you’re basing it on one year. Like many I think you should look at pick 13 with an open mind. I want a Kinlaw or Jeudy at 13 just as bad as anyone and I hate the idea that we possibly have to burn a 1st on a QB, but that’s the reality. I understand that the guys outside of Burrow and Tua have their flaws, but understand that this isn’t 1998 or 2012. The Colts don’t have the #1 overall pick with a generational talent at QB to pick. This type of situation is what other teams go through all the time. It’s our turn. Can’t be lucky for ever.

Manning was an INT machine his first 5 years.

Moose is still mad we didn't cut him after year 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

No, your remarks aren't nonsense.  The disingenuous part would be making allusion s to Brissett being exceptional at anything before he lost his weapons... He went from needing others to help him suffice, to not being able to .ai rain an average to below average level of personal play on his own...  Loves ceiling is probably higher than Jbs.... Loves floor is pretty likely just as high and likely higher....  There are so many things other than low ints that you need from a QB.

16m through 22m... 

9 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Ballard has said many times that he believes games are won in the trenches (most would agree) so I think if Kinslaw is there at #13 there's a very good chance he's the pick. 

QBs win Superbowls though. That will always come before any other position. If Ballard takes Kinlaw at 13 it won’t be because he values the 3T more than a QB. It’ll be because the guys he thinks are franchise QBs were picked or the ones Still on the board aren’t.

23 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also getting back on topic, Kinlaw is amazing but this is a deep draft for IDL. Guys like Blacklock and Elliot will be available in the 2nd round.

Yeah so double up and pick up an edge in FA to go opposite Houston and we'll have a killer DLine.