Indianapolis Colts
CR91

Rivers officially out as a Charger

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Washington is not trading  down and giving up Chase Young. That would be very shocking.  Just because you don’t think Love or Herbert are worth it doesn’t mean that is what ballard thinks.

and just because you follow the obscure tweets that you can bend into what you want doesn't mean they want Love .   your new man crush.   I remember when it was JB BTW that you defended to death because you caught a snipet that Frank loved him.....   (He just needs more weapons) . remember?   Yes I know you changed your opinion and it will change again as the tide flows.

Chase Young  is and will be for yrs . the best player in this draft.  It is not arguable.  But everyone wants to waste picks to trade up for a developmental player at QB . (we have one of those now)

Chase Young changes this team instantly .  Kinlaw changes this team instantly.   

But lets throw our money on a "hope he can do it" QB  to develop for 2 yrs 

Ya'll know there are more QB's next yr right?     

None of this yrs QB's beside Burrows and Tua are legitimate...... immediate starters 

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Washington is not trading  down and giving up Chase Young. That would be very shocking.  Just because you don’t think Love or Herbert are worth it doesn’t mean that is what ballard thinks.

There seems to be 10-15 people in here that are just hell bent on drafting a QB, posting relentlessly about it for over a month now. I think we need an upgrade but I am not even sure the right QB is in this draft.  This place will implode if we do not draft a QB the way some are posting in here.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

and just because you follow the obscure tweets that you can bend into what you want doesn't mean they want Love .   your new man crush.   I remember when it was JB BTW that you defended to death because you caught a snipet that Frank loved him.....   (He just needs more weapons) . remember?   Yes I know you changed your opinion and it will change again as the tide flows.

Chase Young  is and will be for yrs . the best player in this draft.  It is not arguable.  But everyone wants to waste picks to trade up for a developmental player at QB . (we have one of those now)

None of this yrs QB's beside Burrows and Tua are legitimate...... immediate starters 

I would say Burrow and Young are the 2 best players in this draft, Burrow plays the most important position and looks great. I don't even trust Tua because of his injuries. I like Kinlaw and Jeudy as well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say Burrow and Young are the 2 best players in this draft, Burrow plays the most important position and looks great. I don't even trust Tua because of his injuries. I like Kinlaw and Jeudy as well.

good post .  agree totally

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There seems to be 10-15 people in here that are just hell bent on drafting a QB, posting relentlessly about it for over a month now. I think we need an upgrade but I am not even sure the right QB is in this draft.  This place will implode if we do not draft a QB the way some are posting in here.

great post

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

this team is sooooo close to having a top 3 defense that people don't see it.   Build on your strengths and then up grade the rest.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

this team is sooooo close to having a top 3 defense that people don't see it.   Build on your strengths and then up grade the rest.    

If we somehow get Kinlaw that will be a heck of a draft pick. I would be surprised if he isn't a good pro. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we somehow get Kinlaw that will be a heck of a draft pick. I would be surprised if he isn't a good pro. 

He's gonna be the steal of the 1st round

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I trust ballard. If we don’t draft the future QB in the first or early second that means he didn’t like them. Or we missed out by not getting a team to agree to trade up or a team snatched the one he wanted before we could pick. I am fine going into the season with Jacoby. I think he will improve enough with a couple upgraded weapons and WR staying healthy. What I am not fine with is him not at least trying everything he can do if he sees a clear upgrade. I don’t want to be in this same position after next season and the QB are even worse in the draft.  Or we finish 8-8 and are picking lower then this year. If he sees his guy this draft I hope he does everything possible to try and get him. Doesn’t mean it will work but I hope he tries.

if he passes on a QB when they are right there and they go on to play well while we still are having mediocre QB play he is going to get fired and so will Reich.

59 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

No DT is going to win you games if you don’t have a offense that can score.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I trust ballard. If we don’t draft the future QB in the first or early second that means he didn’t like them. Or we missed out by not getting a team to agree to trade up or a team snatched the one he wanted before we could pick. I am fine going into the season with Jacoby. I think he will improve enough with a couple upgraded weapons and WR staying healthy. What I am not fine with is him not at least trying everything he can do if he sees a clear upgrade. I don’t want to be in this same position after next season and the QB are even worse. Or we finish 8-8 and are picking lower then this year. If he sees his guy this draft I hope he does everything possible to try and get him. Doesn’t mean it will work but I hope he tries.

if he passes on a QB when they are right there and they go on to play well while we still are having mediocre QB play he is going to get fired and so will Reich.

Then why are you dead set on it has to be a draft pick this yr? It might be an aging  FA    Please don't say you're not and make me quote you a million times 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No DT is going to win you games if you don’t have a offense that can score.

I only need to score 2 points to win on a safety    Or 3 points on a FG

Typical COlt fan thinks its all about offense 

Look back at the season!!!!

If defense would've held we win 3-4 more games . 

JB with healthy WR and a top 5 D and we are in the playoffs

And once again..... I am not a JB fan

4 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Then why are you dead set on it has to be a draft pick this yr?   Please don't say you're not and make me quote you a million times 

I said If he sees a guy he is sold on this year it does no good delaying it another year.  No one knows what the QB situation in the draft will be next year or where we will be drafting. You don’t delay it if there is a guy in this draft he is sold on.

1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

I only need to score 2 points to win on a safety    Or 3 points on a FG

Typical COlt fan thinks its all about offense 

Look back at the season!!!!

If defense would've held we win 3-4 more games . 

JB with healthy WR and a top 5 D and we are in the playoffs

And once again..... I am not a JB fan

I actually agree with the part about Jacoby and healthy weapons being in the playoffs. I just don’t think Jacoby has a high enough ceiling to take us where we need to be. I want a play maker at QB not a game manager.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I said If he sees a guy he is sold on this year it does no good delaying it another year.  No one knows what the QB situation in the draft will be next year or where we will be drafting. You don’t delay it if there is a guy in this draft he is sold on.

You also dont draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a  QB

There will be 3 QB's vying for the Heisman next yr .  Way better draft class than this yr

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I actually agree with the part about Jacoby and healthy weapons being in the playoffs. I just don’t think Jacoby has a high enough ceiling to take us where we need to be. I want a play maker at QB not a game manager.

Where in your opinion do we need to be after this draft?

8 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

You also dont draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a  QB

There will be 3 QB's vying for the Heisman next yr .  Way better draft class than this yr

Where in your opinion do we need to be after this draft?

I said only if ballard is sold. It doesn’t matter what I or fans think. It’s what ballard think. Right now I trust what he decides. But no matter if he takes a QB or not this will be his legacy on him as a GM. If he drafts one and it fails or he passes on one and they succeed someone else it won’t look good. If he drafts one and he is a stud he will be loved even more. 

3 QB is nothing next year if your picking 20. If he loves a QB I want him to do everything he can to try and get him. It may or may not work to get him. My perfect world would be letting Jacoby start and sitting a Herbert or Love for a year. I would be ok with Eason but not as high as high as the other two. If we drafted one of those three I am ok with bringing rivers in for a year to mentor. 

With FA we can fill some defensive line holes and draft offense this year.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:36 PM, WifiGuy said:

Kinlaw won't  change  this team instantly  neither would chase young  especially  considering  our Luck with ohio state injured reserve  players. If Brissett  is still under center  the 85 bears defense  might not be enough  to win a superbowl 

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, WifiGuy said:

Defense  won't  be top 3 tol qb gets fixed. If offense  keeps  putting  defense  back on the field 

On 2/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, WifiGuy said:

A top 3 defense? They were #17 according to DVOA...against the #17 defensive schedule. I would say they are pretty far off a top 3 defense. A top 10 defense though...that could be doable with some key additions.

I would say the strength of this team is actually the OL...which should allow this team to have a top tier offense. The run game is there (could use bigger playmaking in the passing game)..but they don't have the passer or enough weapons to take advantage...that is what they need to build off of.

• Like 1

If we do acquire Rivers in FA what is his projected annual contract? 20-25m/ yr or more and Bridgewater hearing may go for 30m.

If we do add Rivers we better upgrade our TEs given his history with Gates.  Would look at the kid coming from Dayton in Round 2.  

Team may feel slighted by Ebron going on IR but good TEs are hard to come by in the NFL and he should be resigned.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:12 PM, shastamasta said:

I would say the strength of this team is actually the OL...which should allow this team to have a top tier offense. The run game is there (could use bigger playmaking in the passing game)..but they don't have the passer or enough weapons to take advantage...that is what they need to build off of.

I agree.   I think Rivers could help with that.   I would be excited to see how he could use Hines.  I think Hines can be better than Ekeler catching passes out of the backfield.   JB doesn't possess that talent.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 1:37 PM, Stephen said:

Defense  won't  be top 3 tol qb gets fixed. If offense  keeps  putting  defense  back on the field 

The first half of the season we were really good at time of TOP. So this is not completely true. It did fall apart the second half though.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.   I think Rivers could help with that.   I would be excited to see how he could use Hines.  I think Hines can be better than Ekeler catching passes out of the backfield.   JB doesn't possess that talent.  

Just curiouis...but what makes you think that? Not saying Rivers won't help Hines...but I think Ekeler is a much better pass-catching back...he's tougher, more elusive and much more productive per catch.

I actually hope the Colts will be looking to upgrade Hines sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Just curiouis...but what makes you think that? Not saying Rivers won't help Hines...but I think Ekeler is a much better pass-catching back...he's tougher, more elusive and much more productive per catch.

Look how good Hines was catching with Luck. He was close to setting rookie records for a RB. Hines isn’t going anywhere with the way he did PR at the end of the season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look how good Hines was catching with Luck. He was close to setting rookie records for a RB. Hines isn’t going anywhere with the way he did PR at the end of the season.

What rookie records? Receiving yards by a Colts rookie RB? If he was close to that record...it was due to volume...because he only averaged 6.7 yards/catch.

Hines is a pass-catching RB (that offers little in the running game)...who ranked #38 in DVOA for RBs last season (with a min. of 25 passes)...below replacement level. He was better the year before with Luck...a little bit above replacement level (3.5%).

I don't think they are getting rid of him...I just want to see them add a RB who is a legit playmaker in the passing game...especially when their RB1 (who garners the lion share of snaps) isn't really used as a pass catcher.

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

What rookie records? Receiving yards by a Colts rookie RB? If he was close to that record...it was due to volume...because he only averaged 6.7 yards/catch.

Hines is a pass-catching RB (that offers little in the running game)...who ranked #38 in DVOA for RBs last season (with a min. of 25 passes)...below replacement level. He was better the year before with Luck...a little bit above replacement level (3.5%).

I don't think they are getting rid of him...I just want to see them add a RB who is a legit playmaker in the passing game...especially when their RB1 (who garners the lion share of snaps) isn't really used as a pass catcher.

Hines has a great year as a rookie with Luck. It should of improved but when you have a QB that can’t throw a screen pass he took a step back. He should be doing exactly what Eckeler is doing.   The only bad thing for Hines is once Campbell gets going it will probably take his playing time down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Rivers has, throughout his career, been good at getting RB's the ball as they are coming out of the backfield.   Brissett uses a RB as a dump off.   Wether it is Woodhead, Sproles or Ekeler, he seems to be good at elevating them.   I'd just be interested what he could do with Hines.  I think Hines is very talented and could be a bigger asset with a QB that knows how to use him better.   I think that, even though his catches were 20 less than 2018, his yards per catch were up a bit because they used him in a WR role more in 2019.  

I don't know that Ekeler is "Ekeler is a much better pass-catching back...he's tougher, more elusive" than Hines.  Their catching % is similar, but Ekeler had better yards % because of Rivers mainly.  I like Hines allot, but don't think the Colts (JB) are using him as the weapon he could be.

• Like 1