Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good for him. He was definitely a solid member of the squad when he was here.

Hopefully he has a productive career whatever league he ends up playing for.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

i always said we should give him a try i remember him balling out in preseason with the colts he still is young we cut him to sign brain hoyer .........   

You must have missed he couldn't do anything even with decent backups he sucked no thanks.

• Like 7

Yet we are currently paying our starting and backup QB 42 million total with not so favorable results. Please enlighten me?

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You must have missed he couldn't do anything even with decent backups he sucked no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am happy for Phillip as he has found his niche. It seems like he has been with our practice squad for 10 years lmao 

he was drafted in 2017 he is good better then brain check down hoyer. rather resign him and have him and chad kelly battle it out for the number 2 spot . we have 3 QBs now i rather have walker as the 3rd QB over hoyer who has been in the league for 10 years and is horrible .  at least walker is 24 and can improve hoyer is at his peak and is horrible .

• Like 2
19 hours ago, coming on strong said:

he was drafted in 2017 he is good better then brain check down hoyer. rather resign him and have him and chad kelly battle it out for the number 2 spot . we have 3 QBs now i rather have walker as the 3rd QB over hoyer who has been in the league for 10 years and is horrible .  at least walker is 24 and can improve hoyer is at his peak and is horrible .

the XFL favors running QBs over pocket passers, i think he just fits in better there 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

how does the xfl favor running QBs   

its not about the rules but from what i watched, qbs that can run are the ones that did well.  this wont be a high flying passing league imo it will be a running league where they throw for like 220 a game

i dont expect huge rushing yards from qbs but they were on the move a lot, not really sitting in the pocket.  there were also more scripted qb runs than you see in the nfl

• Like 1

PJ Walker did get the XFL Star player of the week!  I think his style of play works real well in the XFL, but no sure he would do as well with the NFL.  I know he's shorter than 6' and I think a QB needs to be 6'2" or taller.  I do see some other players with Indiana ties too, Reece Horn that went to Cathedral and U of I college.

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching a couple of XFL games.  The success of the league is going to come down to QB play.  Not that there has to be future NFL talent at QB but the guys have to be able to play well within the league.  Walker did that in his first game where his ball patting is not going to hurt him as much because the defenders are not as good.  He's also paired with a good coach for the XFL in June Jones. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:54 AM, King Colt said:

Maybe the difference between the old and new XFL is there is no stupid accessories attached like the first try i.e., "HE HATE ME" 

Yeah. Names on jerseys is the reason

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Jacoby was at the game yesterday and said he wouldn't fit in with the XFL since there are too many microphones around and he cusses too much!  He was there to support PJ Walker..plus they are saying that PJ just may be the MVP of the league if he continues on doing what he does.  I am having so much fun watching these games!!

The games are pretty good.  Not as good as the NFL, but better than most college games.   I've enjoyed it.   Walker doing so well makes it obvious how inferior the league is though.  

I wonder how many XFL players get signed by NFL teams?   

• Like 1

Yea Myles, it's a good void for football, but I also was a big arena football fan too.  I would guess that maybe 8 players out of the league could get an interest from the NFL.  I think there's some really good players in the XFL but my hubby says it's not the high level of the NFL.  If I were looking for some players, I would definately check out some of these players.

• Like 1

I enjoy watching the XFL games. Walker's team, Houston Roughnecks, is undefeated. I read that the Seahawks were scouting Walker recently, might be interested in signing him as backup to Russell Wilson. Have to see if that actually happens. 

• Like 1