Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The next Manning - Bloodline does matter

coltsfeva

I enjoyed this. Arch looks like he’s got some potential. Maybe this thread belongs elsewhere but I’ve said it before, bloodline does matter both in the nature and nurture sense. That may be a reason Chad Kelly is still on the team.

39 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I enjoyed this. Arch looks like he’s got some potential. Maybe this thread belongs elsewhere but I’ve said it before, bloodline does matter both in the nature and nurture sense. That may be a reason Chad Kelly is still on the team.

Trade up for tua.  He only needs to last 6 years.  Then draft Arch until Marshall enters the draft.  

On 2/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, coltsfeva said:

Looks like down the road, we haven't seen the last of those Manning boys in the NFL.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I’m a little surprised you don’t see a difference in dline play between  the two games.  I don’t have access to any of the services but I would suspect that The grades are significantly higher for the dline in Sunday compared to the Jax game.   but Sunday was even more dominant than i thought, and I thought it was dominant.  Between the opening drive during which MN gained 75 and scored a FG and their last meaningless drive for 75 yds and a TD, the Colts gave up a total of 25 other yds.    against Jax, we gave up around 60 yds rushing in the 1st half and the dline looked less than dominant then imo.  Jax had 5 of 8 drives during which they scored if you throw out the kneel downs at the end of each half.   Percentage of  tackles and sacks for linemen were very similar in both games.  You said that colts had more pressures during the mn game and I said probably a function of Jax short passing attack.   buckner had 6 tackles v Jax and 3 v mn.  He had no sacks v Jax but 1.5 tfl.  He had 1.5 sacks v mn but no other tfl.  Statistically counting sacks, tackles, and tfl he was “better” V Jax.  But you probably don’t think He was better Iwould suspect.   i would be shocked if the dline didn’t grade out higher v. Mn than Jax even though the tackles, tfl, and sacks were very similar over all.   im sure teams keep advanced stats that show a clearer pic of when a d lineman wins or loses on each Play that doesn’t necessarily match easier to see stats like tackles, etc.   do you have access to the grades?  I’d really be interested in the units grades in the two games.   i agree there can be other factors like obviously opponent strength and the play of LBs and dbs.  And mn looks like they might suck pretty bad surprisingly to me.  I think the main problem with lasts weeks game imo is the LBs are weak in coverage and Indy is as a result susceptible to short passing attacks.     that being said, rarely do dlines dominate the LOs like the colts did.   i maintain that a guy like Buckner and dts in general could have nit recorded a sack, had only a couple of tackles and be more dominant than In a game where he recorded a few tackles and a couple of sacks.    
    • Let's hire an exorcist!  
    • Didn't Nick Bosa get hurt this week too?
    • This might be helpful.
    • Mahomes vs. Jackson I would not say one is so much better than the other and I know stats, etc. may favor Mahomes but I think we are going to see a banner year for Jackson. Taking nothing away from the rookie Cardinal.
  • Members