Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL draft and FA rumors

11 minutes ago, twfish said:

So I have had this thought but its not worth making a post about it and here looks like the best place. But why are so many places mocking the Cardinals to take a WR in the first? Last year they got Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler, the year prior they drafted Kristian Kirk and they have Larry Fitzgerald. They have a ton of capital in that core already so shouldn't they want to invest more in other positions?

I've noticed that too.  I think they've gotta go OL at #8 if they don't trade back. 

21 minutes ago, twfish said:

So I have had this thought but its not worth making a post about it and here looks like the best place. But why are so many places mocking the Cardinals to take a WR in the first? Last year they got Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler, the year prior they drafted Kristian Kirk and they have Larry Fitzgerald. They have a ton of capital in that core already so shouldn't they want to invest more in other positions?

In short, their two leading WRs need to be replaced (Fitz and Kirk). Kirk simply isn't all that good, and Fitz needs to be reduced to RZ snaps. Andy I wasn't used a ton (maybe 25% of snaps), and Butler went on IR for the season before the season started. 

I do think AI and HB will be good, but they'll take a bit more time. AI is raw and kind of a one trick pony (not saying he can't develop a be well rounded), and Butler will be a bit limited to possession routes when he gets back.