Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Misleading Headlines

coltsva

The "Name game" thread got me thinking of other off season football related word games to pass the time until FA and the Draft. How about a "Misleading Headlines" thread. Here's how it works: The headline has an obvious meaning. But the obvious "click bait" meaning is not what the headline actually means. The posters answer what they think the real meaning is. Once answered correctly, that poster then posts his/her own Misleading Headline, and so on. It can be on any NFL topic, not just the Colts.

I'll start the first one and see how it goes:

Misleading Headline - Frank Reich announces Kelly as day 1 starter for 2020 season.

Actual meaning-?

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

The "Name game" thread got me thinking of other off season football related word games to pass the time until FA and the Draft. How about a "Misleading Headlines" thread. Here's how it works: The headline has an obvious meaning. But the obvious "click bait" meaning is not what the headline actually means. The posters answer what they think the real meaning is. Once answered correctly, that poster then posts his/her own Misleading Headline, and so on. It can be on any NFL topic, not just the Colts.

I'll start the first one and see how it goes:

Misleading Headline - Frank Reich announces Kelly as day 1 starter for 2020 season.

Actual meaning-?

30 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Actual Meaning: Ryan Kelly, Despite Injury Concerns, Will Start Week 1

Misleading Title: Hooker Wants Out Of Indy

haha 

Trying to get this thread closed before it gets going? :D

okay, I’ll bite. 
Actual meaning: Heidi Lynn is moving from Indiana back to Hollywood.

Misleading headline: Chris Ballard fired 

Actual meaning: Ballard named suspect in mysterious shooting years back outside coaches home..... He was REALLY ready to hire new staff...lol

misleading headline:  "Colts lauded as clear Preseason no. 1"

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Actual meaning: Ballard named suspect in mysterious shooting years back outside coaches home..... He was REALLY ready to hire new staff...lol

misleading headline:  "Colts lauded as clear Preseason no. 1"

I was thinking 

Chris Ballard fired up the grill, hosting a barbecue for the team. 
But either works. 

As for your headline,

Actual meaning: experts predict the Colts to go 4-0 in the preseason.

3 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

what a dumb thread 

Actual meaning: what a dumb post

Misleading headline.....

Andrew Luck has changed his mind! :woah:

Actual meaning.....

Andrew Luck has changed his mind.... and will now convene his Book Club meetings on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays. :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Mahomes takes his trophy over to the 49ers and hands it to them out of kindness :thmup:

Actual meaning:

Mahomes tells the 49ers "You should have drafted me instead of Solomon Thomas"

Misleading Headline:

Bill Belichick has reached out to Chris Ballard to re-acquire former Patriot and current Colt Jacoby Brissett.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• danlhart87 on Colts.com Forums:   "Is there a reason all the Colts castaways go to the Jets? They have around 8 former Colts.   Are the Colts planning on following the recipe they had Sunday on O where Rivers keeps it under 30 attempts?   Do you believe the Colts have a good OL or do you think Q makes them better than they are?   and finally   Do you think the emergence of MAC will effect how we move the ball especially when Doyle comes back?"   Walker: Woah, woah, woah. Firing from all angles here.   » I think the connection to the New York Jets is pretty clear: Rex Hogan, who was the Colts' Vice President of Player Personnel under Chris Ballard in 2017 and 2018, is now the Jets' Assistant General Manager under GM Joe Douglas. When you're Hogan and you already have so much intel and information on these players from your time in Indy, it really cuts down on the background work needed for players from outside organizations.   » I'm not sure I'd put a limit of passing attempts on Philip Rivers at 30 for this game, but that does seem about to be a sweet spot. The Jets have a ton of injuries in their secondary, though, so one would imagine Rivers won't be shy about testing out their depth. Another factor: the Jets' run defense is usually pretty tough under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, even though they didn't quite show that last week when they allowed 184 rushing yards on 27 carries against the San Francisco 49ers. So I'd expect a few more pass attempts in this one compared to last week.   » The Colts' offensive line is outstanding as a group. Anthony Castonzo is a top-five to top-10 left tackle in the NFL, the aforementioned Quenton Nelson is the best guard in the league, Ryan Kelly is probably a top-five center, Mark Glowinski has been one of the better run-blocking right guards in the league the last couple seasons, and is off to a wonderful start so far this year, and Braden Smith is undoubtedly one of the top young tackles in the game. Nelson gets the pub, and rightfully so, but the rest of the group is very good.   » And I addressed the Mo Alie-Cox/Jack Doyle dynamic above. If Doyle plays, I don't think Mo Alie-Cox gets quite as many looks every game, but he proved he needs more targets in general with the way he played last week.
    • Trying to keep it short.   I'm looking at the situation as allocating blocks of capital in the ensuing years and making sure we have a blocks to invest where we need.  All of those examples you've given are true, but finding players like that involves availability, and the farther you move away from the first round the more you are at the mercy of how the draft falls and of things beyond your control.  In terms of planning, I simply think that if we think of Pittman as #2 (drafted at 41) and Campbell as #3 (drafted lower), then to get a #1 WR will take a higher draft pick.  But it could work out like you say.   We could also draft a LT later to play behind AC, then start after he develops.  And do the same with DE behind Houston.  I'm sure you can find many successful LTs and DEs and #1WRs throughout the NFL that fit that pattern.  But to say that we are going to plan to find guys later in the draft to develop into what would be a 1st round pick quality player is risky, and I think we need more sure things at those positions.    Having said that, I think LT is definitely 1st round capital allocation because he plays every down and tends to be on an island.  Success at the other two positions can be schemed a bit, or their success depends more upon how well other players play. 
    • No he hasn't officially announced yet 
    • I for one, enjoy their videos....   They seem like a sweet couple of kids and seeing their journey through the draft process and NFL life as a young couple has been interesting and a little bit of much needed fun.... especially these days.    I have ZERO problem with it.
    • Is it a done deal that Trevor Lawrence forgoes his senior year and enters the draft? 
  • Members

• coltsfansince65

coltsfansince65 1,389

• Stephen

Stephen 2,328

• jlid

jlid 57

• Chloe6124

Chloe6124 7,946

• Horseshoelife19

Horseshoelife19 25

• RollerColt