33 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Dodds was with the Seahawks when they drafted Russell Wilson

Ballard was with the chiefs when they drafted Patrick Mahomes

Reich was with the eagles when they drafted Carson Wentz

And I was a Colt fan when we drafted both Peyton and Andrew.:rock:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We're not that bad. We'd have to legit tank.

Ballard and Reich would never intentionally tank a whole season, but it could get ugly if we lose a QB to injury 

ive said im not a big jacoby fan but i think he would get us 6-8 wins again.  if we stick with him and he gets hurt,  we would probably be picking high 

28 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Ballard and Reich would never intentionally tank a whole season, but it could get ugly if we lose a QB to injury 

ive said im not a big jacoby fan but i think he would get us 6-8 wins again.  if we stick with him and he gets hurt,  we would probably be picking high 

Not high enough to draft Lawrence.

He seems like a sure-fire lock for #1, and no one is going to trade the rights to the next Elway, or Luck, or whomever they're comparing him to

I don't want to waste another year. We need to move up and draft a QB..Any day 1 QB. With Jacoby at the helm, we'll be hovering around the .500 mark again. Will be in the same position again next year. We've watched Jacoby for almost 2 full seasons. I just don't see any improvement.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hammer said:

I don't want to waste another year. We need to move up and draft a QB..Any day 1 QB. With Jacoby at the helm, we'll be hovering around the .500 mark again. Will be in the same position again next year. We've watched Jacoby for almost 2 full seasons. I just don't see any improvement.

Agree.  We probably won’t move up though, and the top 4 QBs will be gone before we pick.  

1 hour ago, Hammer said:

I suspect whichever QB gets drafted, he's going to sit behind Jacoby for a year.

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Bold prediction 

TB finishes with the #1 pick and Colts finish #2. After months of Lawrence to TB speculation the Bucs surprise everyone and take Justin Fields leaving Lawrence to fall to the Colts.

Pipe dream

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Agree.  We probably won’t move up though, and the top 4 QBs will be gone before we pick.  

Agreed, But the case to be made here is. If 4 QBs go in the top 12 picks then there is going to be some REALLY good players on the board for the Colts to choose from. Could even trade back later into 1st round at that point and still potentially get a stud and pick up another 2nd or so.

Alot of opportunity with where they are.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hammer said:

Who says we will waste another year with Jacoby if a rookie sits behind him a year. We weren’t that far off last year. It’s not like we got blown out all year. With just a few plays here and there and better kicker with Jacoby and Hilton not getting injured we would of made the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I suspect whichever QB gets drafted, he's going to sit behind Jacoby for a year.

I think you may be right but it will still be wasting a year because whoever we might draft next year will sit behind Jacoby. Let's get it over with.

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Who says we will waste another year with Jacoby if a rookie sits behind him a year. We weren’t that far off last year. It’s not like we got blown out all year. With just a few plays here and there and better kicker with Jacoby and Hilton not getting injured we would of made the playoffs.

"Who says?"...I believe I just did.

1 minute ago, Hammer said:

I think you may be right but it will still be wasting a year because whoever we might draft next year will sit behind Jacoby. Let's get it over with.

Jacoby has one left on that 2 year deal. He started the year great. It wasn’t until after he was injured and couldn’t really step into his throws. The film doesn’t lie. The pass was hampered by injuries. It will improve with more outside threats besides TY. I’m with you wanting a QB as well. He’ll just be sitting unfortunately. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hammer said:

I don't want to waste another year either.  The quickest way not to is find a way to get a veteran like Carr or sign Bridgewater and trade JB.  You can then continue to build your roster as we were planning to do with Luck.  If we draft a rookie with pick 13 or earlier my preference would be to start him right away and trade JB.  Eliminate the boos and the drama and get everyone behind the new QB.  Still a lost season with a rookie though.  

Ballard brought in JB..Where's that rank on this list? 

I can see a scenario where the Colts are pretty bad next year though- how bad depends on a few things, including injuries, schedule, AFCS teams performance ect. When I listen/read about what this team needs, it's not a small list- it's half of the offense for starters, and if it's QB, WR, LT, TE1/2 it's not all getting dealt with this year. The D was pretty lackluster by the end of the season and it was largely healthy and I think that unit is going to be basically what we see this next year.

So, say Ballard decides JB keeps the job because he's not into Rivers, Newton ect we draft a guy like Love, but he's not ready, JB get's hurt early, Love either sucks, or doesn't play.. Oh there's a way this team could be a 4/5 win outfit. Will that happen. Who knows? I hope not, but I'm not going to pretend this team isn't in choppy waters right now.

4 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

Would be a great mistake! IMO

History disagrees with you.  Most of the greats sat for a year or 2 behind another QB.  Brady behind Blesdoe, Rodgers behind Favre, Mahomes behind Smith, etc.

When you throw a rookie right into the fire on week 1 day one that's a tough emotional hurdle to clear.  More than 1 promising QB has been destroyed that way.  Some do fine of course, but enough don't that you have to consider whether it's worth the risk, especially when the risk is almost completely unnecessary, all you have to do to avoid being forced into that risk is NOT get rid of your incumbent starter

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Hammer said:

2017:  3-13

2019: 7-9

Nope, no improvement at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Agreed, But the case to be made here is. If 4 QBs go in the top 12 picks then there is going to be some REALLY good players on the board for the Colts to choose from. Could even trade back later into 1st round at that point and still potentially get a stud and pick up another 2nd or so.

That would be great. Caveat being it's gotta be a scenario in which JB isn't the future.... No drafted players not even WR..... Will make JB improve on reads, leading his man, going through progressions....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

History disagrees with you.  Most of the greats sat for a year or 2 behind another QB.  Brady behind Blesdoe, Rodgers behind Favre, Mahomes behind Smith, etc.

When you throw a rookie right into the fire on week 1 day one that's a tough emotional hurdle to clear.  More than 1 promising QB has been destroyed that way.  Some do fine of course, but enough don't that you have to consider whether it's worth the risk, especially when the risk is almost completely unnecessary, all you have to do to avoid being forced into that risk is NOT get rid of your incumbent starter

Sorry, i didn't explain properly. I mean JB should not start. In fact, i believe he shouldn't be on the team next season.

8 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

I would love it if 4 QBs in the top 12 picks....

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Oh boy!!!  Another QB thread!

Props to the original post and he made a very good point, then it turned into a JB or no JB thread again.

Point is, we have 3 very good people making the decision on what to do, so I trust they'll do the right thing.

Why complain? Don't read it or move on!