Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Reuter's 3 round mock

Eason at No.13 would be a clear case of a QB being over drafted, IMO. 

Hunter Bryant and Collin Johnson will definitely help but I would be hard pressed to think we can get a Day 3 3-technique that will contribute at a high level. Tyquan Lewis, Banogu, Turay, Sheard, Houston, and this guy gives us another EDGE guy on Day 2??

Not a fan.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Eason at No.13 would be a clear case of a QB being over drafted, IMO. 

Hunter Bryant and Collin Johnson will definitely help but I would be hard pressed to think we can get a Day 3 3-technique that will contribute at a high level. Tyquan Lewis, Banogu, Turay, Sheard, Houston, and this guy gives us another EDGE guy on Day 2??

Not a fan.

I didn't know much about Eason, but when I saw this last night I went and watched his games against E. Washington, California and Arizona. and quite frankly, I think he is a better NFL prospect than Love or Fromm and, based on those games, I think he has a chance to be a better pro than Tua (but I'm not a fan of Tua in the couple of games I watched of his).  But I have no idea about the intangibles like work ethic, leadership, study and recall, etc.

• Like 1

This is the scenario I fear the most - one where both Javon Kinlaw and Derrick Brown are gone, and fallback WRs Jeudy and Lamb are gone.  Redrafting this one, I’d go:

1) Andrew Thomas

2) Justin Jefferson

Trade #44 down to #88 or so, picking up another 3rd rounder (‘cause that’s what Ballard does when he thinks other teams won’t value his choice as highly as he does.)

2) Jason Strowbridge, DT, North Carolina (to be the undertackle that Tyquan Lewis hasn’t developed into)

3) Logan Stenberg

3) Anthony Gordon

I’d be very disappointing not to get the stud DT I’d want in the 1st...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This is already referred to in another thread:

Mods, feel free to merge. :) 

Funny how the mods merge two threads within hours, related only because from the same NFL.com author (one a mock, the other a top 50). But here, there's two identical posts and nothing nearly 24 hours.

As for the content, I'm always weary of articles that state things like he "solidified himself as a top 5 pick because of his performance in the Senior Bowl." Those statements are almost always wrong.

One allstar game isnt going to change a team's impressions so much that that move him from a midround 1st to a top 5. Either he was always a top 5 or he has a positive note added to his potential player progression evaluation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Funny how the mods merge two threads within hours, related only because from the same NFL.com author (one a mock, the other a top 50). But here, there's two identical posts and nothing nearly 24 hours.

24 hours?  I just posted this a couple of hours ago.

I like Eason and think he has the talent to be a franchise QB but not at 13. If Kinlaw, Jeudy, and Lamb go before our pick then I go with Epenesa. Based on this draft. Ballard goes after an elite DT in free agency. 

13. A.J Epenesa DE, 6’5 275, Iowa

34. Jake Fromm QB, 6’2 225 lbs, Georgia 

44. Justin Jefferson WR, 6’3, 195 lbs, LSU

75. Ezra Cleveland OT, 6’6 310 lbs, Boise State

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I like Eason and think he has the talent to be a franchise QB but not at 13. If Kinlaw, Jeudy, and Lamb go before our pick then I go with Epenesa. Based on this draft. Ballard goes after an elite DT in free agency. 

Jefferson will be gone by pick 44 IMO

2 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Jefferson will be gone by pick 44 IMO

You will be surprised, he may be there, mainly because he is more deadly from the slot and has limited experience playing outside. Outside wide outs go earlier, typically.

5 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Ballard isn't taking a non-rush end, non-3T d-lineman in the first round... 

Am going to assume the first two rounds we go heavy on defensive personnel.

R1P LDT Javon Kinlaw (South Carolina)

R2P1 RDL Marlon Davidson (Auburn) weak-side RDE kicked inside during Senior Bowl who impressed.   

So now we have Houston / Kinlaw / Davidson / Turay

R2P2 MIKE LB Logan Wilson (Wyoming) that would replace Walker who will be a FA 2021.  Walker may have high amount of tackles past few seasons but he really has been ineffective according to PFF.  Okereke was a superstar LB in 2019 and graded highly by PFF.

Leonard (WLB) / Wilson (MLB) / Okereke (SLB)

Round 3 can see us focusing on LT's Isaiah Wilson or Ezra Cleveland.

I am not a fan of this mock. I haven't read another mock that has Eason going in the first much less as high as our pick at 13. I have no problem if the Colts feel like Eason is the guy they want but I would wait until the 2nd round at earliest to pull the trigger on that.  Now I will admit that I don't watch a lot of college football so most of my opinion is coming from things I have read. Eason might be a stud, but based on what I've read so far this pick seems to be a reach.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

24 hours?  I just posted this a couple of hours ago.

That's my bad, I was looking how long ago the first thread was started.  Even so, it's still not merged as of today (so now we're over 48 hours).  Not really complaining so much as I am just kind of snickering about it.