Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons not resigning Beasley

I wonder why his production crashed so hard? He's an OLB correct? I would like to see the break down of his sacks, what % came from when his hand was in the dirt vs standing. If the majority came from when he's got his hand in the dirt and one on one with a tackle then I am interested and maybe he can find success again playing end, if not then hard pass.

47 minutes ago, twfish said:

I wonder why his production crashed so hard? He's an OLB correct? I would like to see the break down of his sacks, what % came from when his hand was in the dirt vs standing. If the majority came from when he's got his hand in the dirt and one on one with a tackle then I am interested and maybe he can find success again playing end, if not then hard pass.

He's listed as DL.  But he might have been tried at LB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Vic Beasley is more suited for a 3-4 scheme. I'd rather have Yannick, but Ballard isn't going to dish out $19 million a year for him. 

Don’t be so sure. Ballard has always said he will pay for the right position and player. DE. and DT seem like they would be the positions he would pay for. He isn’t going to overpay for a corner or safety. A true game changing DE or DT I could see him paying.

13 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Vic Beasley is more suited for a 3-4 scheme. I'd rather have Yannick, but Ballard isn't going to dish out $19 million a year for him. 

Yannick ain't happening.  Beasley played on his 5th yr option so they still thought a lot of him.  He's another player who has bounced back and forth between DL and LB.  Similar to Houston. And that turned out pretty well when he came over to the Colts and played DE.  I think a change of scenery and a defined position is what he needs.  He has the potential to become another successful reclamation project for Ballard.  Age 27 perfect.