Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB Game thread

Chloe6124

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You sure it wasn’t gonna be about how Manning would jaw stress the refs? You sure? Cuz I don’t think you were asking randomly if I was a Manning fan. But hey, gotta save face I guess.

My question was "were you a peyton manning fan"you said no. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, buffalo34 said:

But yeah, one of the very few times I'm forced to cheer for the Titans, mainly still don't like them from the Music City Forward Pass Miracle.

Since Titans is the mascot for the biggest rival of my Princeton Tigers is goes back to 1978 for me

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs spent in free agency too, took some chances with trades too.

I’m holding out hope that Ballard wasn’t sure JB was gonna be the guy so he held back.

Our lack of depth showed this year.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs spent in free agency too, took some chances with trades too.

If I’m Ballard, I start realizing I need to take some chances now.

He needs a qb.  

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He needs a qb.  

Just a QB doesn’t get it done, yes it starts there no doubt. Patriots got so many defensive players in free agency, including Gilmore.

You have to get a QB and get help in free agency/trades.

I am done with Ballard if he doesn’t do the right things this off season. Its depressing  when your team isn’t competing in the playoffs. And no Derek Carr doesn’t excite me. 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You didn't root for the Broncos when peyton was qb?  Also you can root for the Patriots and Texans?

Nope

The moment Peyton signed with with Denver 

It was bye bye to me

The only and last Bronco I ever rooted for was Karl Mecklenberg(sp.?)

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’m holding out hope that Ballard wasn’t sure JB was gonna be the guy so he held back.

Our lack of depth showed this year.

I think we have pretty good depth. Not much you can do when you lose all but one WR. Lose your TE.  We didn’t skip a beat with hooker out. We actually played some of our best games. Turay getting hurt Is the defensive injury that hurt the most then we couldn’t figure out how to replace Moore.

Just now, buffalo34 said:

So the Patriots Super Bowl 2020 run starts right now, right?

Has anyone checked Vegas?

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think we have pretty good depth. Not much you can do when you lose all but one WR. Lose your TE.  We didn’t skip a beat with hooker out. We actually played some of our best games. Turay getting hurt Is the defensive injury that hurt the most then we couldn’t figure out how to replace Moore.

We had WRs but when Funchess and Campbell went out we didn’t have a legit number 2.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mahomes is 24 years old. He is going to win multiple SB. If we don’t get a dang QB we are not going to compete with them. I don’t like him because he is probably going to be out Brady and deny us a ton.

I'm not worried.  He is most effective rolling out and scrambling.  That won't last.  They have to manage the cap like everyone else.  I'll trust Ballard there.  They're about one player that will eventually give them cap problems.  Ballard said we won't be about one player.  I think we will be fine and for a long run too. 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Just a QB doesn’t get it done, yes it starts there no doubt. Patriots got so many defensive players in free agency, including Gilmore.

If you don't get the qb.  Nothing else matters

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm not worried.  He is most effective rolling out and scrambling.  That won't last. 

I disagree if they keep their OL in shape and draft complementary players for their offense like Hardman that’s going to get better. They’ve drafted guys to support him well.

Mahomes, like RW, moves to pass, unlike Lamar. Lamar’s is the style not sustainable, IMO.

Just now, chad72 said:

I disagree if they keep their OL in shape and draft complementary players for their offense like Hardman that’s going to get better. They’ve drafted guys to support him well.

The D will get a little better too since it will be year 2 with Spags

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Honest question, think Reid retires?

I doubt it, he finally has a guy that can let him off the hook for bad time management and a few glitches. :) He’s riding it for at least 1 more year while Mahomes is on his rookie contract. With Alex Smith, he knew he could only go so far.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The D will get a little better too since it will be year 2 with Spags

Agree!!!

I thought it was a good game! Happy for Andy Reid really, glad he finally got the big win. 

best of all, I didn’t HAVE to cheer for either side; no patriots allowed me to enjoy the game instead of fume lol! I know most of you are with me on that one :D

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I thought it was a good game! Happy for Andy Reid really, glad he finally got the big win. 

best of all, I didn’t HAVE to cheer for either side; no patriots allowed me to enjoy the game instead of fume lol! I know most of you are with me on that one :D

It was just as frustrating as if the Colts were playing I even had to start watching reviews or the 1990 WrestleManiaand 2000 Slamboree

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I doubt it, he finally has a guy that can let him off the hook for bad time management and a few glitches. :) He’s riding it for at least 1 more year while Mahomes is on his rookie contract. With Alex Smith, he knew he could only go so far.

Agree!!!

I can see him sticking around till the Mahomes rookie contract, good point. But I think the next HC will have their work cut out for them dealing with the monster contract he’s gonna get

As good as jimmy G looked in parts of this game he couldn’t come through when it mattered. You still need a QB that can pass the ball in the 4th when it matters. That’s why I don’t want a game manager.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So you've never bought a jersey? Your responses in this thread make me think you've drank a lot of scotch tonight! Don't believe for a second you don't have an interest in any players unless you're some ultra-casual who doesn't care for football that much.

I always buy a #77 with my name on it

Since it is my number and no one with the Colts will ever wear it

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Two of my favorite( one is not a forum favorite) have childhood(HS) ties to my region of Indiana 

I live in Colorado, so if a Colt gets drafted from Colorado, it makes me want them to succeed. I hope we get Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado in April at pick 34.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

This.  I think if Luck had stayed, Ballard would be making a splash in FA this year the way KC and SF did this past season.  But he'll probably use this next season to get the QB situation locked down, then go big in FA the following year.

Keep building the core through the draft, find your QB, then hit FA hard.  Hopefully he can do all that sooner rather than later.  :goodluck:  I don't wanna wait 50 years like KC had to!  haha

Congrats to KC. 

and a thumbs up to the refs. They let the boys play, yes there were some flags and a couple missed calls, both sides of the ball. But they were fair and equal.  What calls were made were the glaringly obvious ones. No questionable.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Congrats to KC. 

and a thumbs up to the refs. They let the boys play, yes there were some flags and a couple missed calls, both sides of the ball. But they were fair and equal.  What calls were made were the glaringly obvious ones. No questionable.

Very true.. this game wasn't about flags and missed calls. So refreshing

I thought the 49ers should have run it more (and gone hurry up), with roughly 1:50 on the clock and 3 timeouts.

That being said, congratulations to Chiefs Nation. I was disappointed because no one tried to lift Reid up on their shoulders..

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good game.    

Kyle may have a hard time getting past not using a timeout at the end of the first half.   That was just bewildering.  

Ultimately wouldn’t have mattered. 

58 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ultimately wouldn’t have mattered. 

I don't know about that.   A score to end the half could have changed how the rest of the game flowed.   

7 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I thought the 49ers should have run it more (and gone hurry up), with roughly 1:50 on the clock and 3 timeouts.

That being said, congratulations to Chiefs Nation. I was disappointed because no one tried to lift Reid up on their shoulders..

yeah what's up with that :)

Congrats to Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes on winning the SB. I picked the Chiefs to win but did not bet on it. It was a non-stressful fun game to watch. I can see Mahomes winning 2 or 3 SB's in his career. Winning 2 or more as a starter is really tough as only 12 QB's have done it (Peyton was one of them :thmup:but I would put my money on Mahomes doing it. If I am Andy Reid, I try for the repeat, after that I would retire and enjoy life outside of football.

Archived