Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Hall of Fame

NFLfan

Who gets elected this year?

The Colts have two players among the 15 finalists, Edge and Reggie. The Vikes have Steve Hutchinson. 

Here are all 15 finalists:

RB Edgerrin James

WR Reggie Wayne

S Steve Atwater

OT Tony Boselli

WR Isaac Bruce

S LeRoy Butler

G Alan Faneca

WR Torry Holt

G Steve Hutchinson

S John Lynch

LB Sam Mills

S Troy Polamalu

DE Richard Seymour

LB Zach Thomas

DT Bryant Young

Who do you think makes it?

Troy Polamalu is a shoo-in. I'm not sure about the others.

One of the offensive lineman should make it -- Hutch, Faneca or Boselli. I say Hutch.

This may be the year for one of the Rams WRs, Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt. 

I'll take Bruce.

Steve Atwater may be elected too, as he has been on the ballot many years.

I hope the late Sam Mills makes it.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Edge does, seems like he gets no respect though.

True....hopefully, what almost seems like a kind of "triplets" effect on HOF voters will go away with this year's vote.

Marvin is already in.... and Peyton is a slam dunk first-timer.... but any "who made who" narrative that diminishes Edge deserving to be voted in is nonsense when one considers....

A - He trampled his way to the NFL OROY award..... and the NFL rushing title over his first two years in the league.... which was only Peyton's 2nd and 3rd year in the NFL and well before Manning hit his prime.

B - After Edge suffered the ACL tear in year 3 of his career.... our playoff hopes and the effectiveness of our offense said adios for the season.

C - Edge was a key factor in our passing attack as both a receiver and a blocker....he was outstanding at both as a RB.

I'm assuming these voters read between the lines on these things....and hopefully Edge will be voted in today.

With the exception of Polamalu and perhaps Hutchinson.... I don't see another player on that list with the longevity AND single-point impact to the teams they played for. JMO  :thmup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

True....hopefully, what almost seems like a kind of "triplets" effect on HOF voters will go away with this year's vote.

Marvin is already in.... and Peyton is a slam dunk first-timer.... but any "who made who" narrative that diminishes Edge deserving to be voted in is nonsense when one considers....

A - He trampled his way to the NFL OROY award..... and the NFL rushing title over his first two years in the league.... which was only Peyton's 2nd and 3rd year in the NFL and well before Manning hit his prime.

B - After Edge suffered the ACL tear in year 3 of his career.... our playoff hopes and the effectiveness of our offense said adios for the season.

C - Edge was a key factor in our passing attack as both a receiver and a blocker....he was outstanding at both as a RB.

I'm assuming these voters read between the lines on these things....and hopefully Edge will be voted in today.

With the exception of Polamalu and perhaps Hutchinson.... I don't see another player on that list with the longevity AND single-point impact to the teams they played for. JMO  :thmup:

I think had Edge just played 2 more years with us and was on our 2006 Championship team he would've already been in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think next season Reggie will get in and it is fitting because Peyton will too :thmup:. Both at the same time would be a great Hall of Fame.

I thought you had to be retired for 7 years before you're eligible for the HOF??

Edit: I see Google says its 5 years

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Polamalu, Hutch and Bruce get in. I doubt Edge gets in, Reggie will next year IMO.

They usually vote only one WR each year. I think Megatron will be voted in next year.

Last year's class will be strong. Peyton Manning (shoe-in), Calvin Johnson (likely first ballot but maybe not), Charles Woodson (I believe he is a shoe-in), and Jared Allen (not sure is first ballot but maybe). 

12 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Just a hunch.... but all these guys very much deserved it. 

Congrats on your guy Hutchinson....he had a great career.

Thanks. Congrats on Edge being elected! 

What is your hunch for next year? Manning, Charles Woodson are almost guaranteed to be voted in. What about Calvin Johnson and Jared Allen, another player with Vikings ties? It seems nearly every year Vikes get a guy in. But no Super Bowls to show for it. Lol.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Congrats on Edge being elected! 

What is your hunch for next year? Manning, Charles Woodson are almost guaranteed to be voted in. What about Calvin Johnson and Jared Allen, another player with Vikings ties? It seems nearly every year Vikes get a guy in. But no Super Bowls to show for it. Lol.

It's a slam dunk for Peyton and probably Woodson too....and Allen has a shot but if he's a first time nominee it could be tough but who knows? He should definitely get in though.

Where it starts getting dicey next year is at WR with a positional logjam developing between Reggie, Calvin Johnson and Torry Holt.... so hopefully Reggie gets the call and him and Peyton can celebrate together.

And then of course there's Faneca, Seymour and the rest of this year's finalists. Not easy for the selection committee! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

It's a slam dunk for Peyton and probably Woodson too....and Allen has a shot but if he's a first time nominee it could be tough but who knows? He should definitely get in though.

Where it starts getting dicey next year is at WR with a positional logjam developing between Reggie, Calvin Johnson and Torry Holt.... so hopefully Reggie gets the call and him and Peyton can celebrate together.

And then of course there's Faneca, Seymour and the rest of this year's finalists. Not easy for the selection committee! 

I agree. 

I am rooting for Faneca to go in soon. The guy played football with a seizure disorder. 

• Like 1