21 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think we will find out CBs true feelings on Love in 3 months

Im split

He is a project.  

A project that may turn out well, ....... or not

I dont see a lock in the kid

But..... he DOES some amazing things...... to go along with some poor decisions

I trust the scouting dept.......

Yeah, he’s not a bad prospect, but I think the comparisons to SB winner and former MVP Mahomes are limited to playing style only.  Not so sure the free-styling, big play-producing (and turnover-producing)  ways are what we want.  I envision more of a QB that can avoid negative plays, allowing us to execute a Titanlike running offense.  Avoiding sacks and not turning the ball over are two of JB’s best traits, which is one reason I doubt Ballard is done with him...

On 1/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, stitches said:

Brissett has never looked like an above average QB. I wish people would stop using the 5-2 thing as some sort of a badge for Brissett. QB wins is not a real thing. Even Ballard has noted that the point differential when we were 5-2 was painting a different picture of how good we are and it was much more toward us being an around .500 team, than being a 5-2 team. This team was winning mostly despite Brissett, not because of him and by the end of the year the variance caught up with the team and with Brissett.

I'm actually willing to assume Brissett is closer to the QB of the first half of the season than the second half and I think the injury played a part in his worsened play, BUT even if he's the QB of the first part of the year, that's still not good enough. 

And yeah... maybe Kelly in year 3... and then if he doesn't pan out... why not take the practice squad QB of the Jets for example... and then... if even that fails I'm sure there are plenty of good QBs in the XFL. As long as we don't have to give up a pick or anything of value for our franchise QB, we should be good. 

This. . . even the QB we saw at the first half of the season rarely threw for over 200 yards.  I think he did in like 1 game.  What this tells us is that Indy relied on it's superior roster to win those 5 games.  

We folded in the 2nd half of the season because injuries took their toll.  

Can't expect to win a championship if we can only play well if no one gets hurt. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, he’s not a bad prospect, but I think the comparisons to SB winner and former MVP Mahomes are limited to playing style only.  Not so sure the free-styling, big play-producing (and turnover-producing)  ways are what we want.  I envision more of a QB that can avoid negative plays, allowing us to execute a Titanlike running offense.  Avoiding sacks and not turning the ball over are two of JB’s best traits, which is one reason I doubt Ballard is done with him...

I also don’t think that FR is done with JB. At least not for 2020

I believe that the Colts will honor that contract.... we are on the hook anyway

I DO believe that the prior faith that FR HAD in JB as a starter in this league is greatly diminished 

I think he probably sees him as a valuable backup

My hope is that we have a vet QB or a Rookie QB to develop before 2020

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

A prevailing thought around the fan base, to be sure.  I just don’t believe the vet option will happen - national speculation about Rivers or Brady is ridiculous IMHO.  If CB wants a QB to start until a rookie (or even Chad Kelly) is ready, he’ll stick with JB.  He’ll give you at least as much as a 40-something QB in decline.  Plus, those two are j3rks, and Ballard loves his locker room too much...

30 minutes ago, Archer said:

A prevailing thought around the fan base, to be sure.  I just don’t believe the vet option will happen - national speculation about Rivers or Brady is ridiculous IMHO.  If CB wants a QB to start until a rookie (or even Chad Kelly) is ready, he’ll stick with JB.  He’ll give you at least as much as a 40-something QB in decline.  Plus, those two are j3rks, and Ballard loves his locker room too much...

Anything could happen, but I don’t see the value at this stage for either Brady or Rivers

I do see a value in a vet like Carr though

(IF..... he is available)

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I also don’t think that FR is done with JB. At least not for 2020

I believe that the Colts will honor that contract.... we are on the hook anyway

I DO believe that the prior faith that FR HAD in JB as a starter in this league is greatly diminished 

I think he probably sees him as a valuable backup

That is why getting Rivers, drafting a QB and keeping Brissett as backup while letting go of Chad Kelly and Brian Hoyer might work out better than we think. 

Rivers' issues were OL related, and he won't stand in the way of a new QB being developed, IMO.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is why getting Rivers, drafting a QB and keeping Brissett as backup while letting go of Chad Kelly and Brian Hoyer might work out better than we think. 

Rivers' issues were OL related, and he won't stand in the way of a new QB being developed, IMO.

To me.....  going with Rivers is a step backwards

An aging vet who is 38 and is sliding a bit at best, and lost his mojo at worst doesn’t seem like a great choice over just starting JB

I would rather just give a rookie starting snaps mid season

and

Rivers moving his huge family to FL doesn’t seem to be a precurser to him playing in Indy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a great message. Don’t settle for OK but also do not be afraid to take a risk on a QB. I think fans are so scared of a QB we draft not working they don’t want to draft one. Not taking a risk will get you no where.

I get the logic...... If....If you are sold out on one guy and you feel that he is the true answer, you become aggressive 

If  CB and FR are sold on a guy...... make a deal

But........ don’t reach.... just to reach

For every “ Mahomes level” dudes....there are 10 -20 high potential guys that ultimately fizzle

its a high wire act with no net.....  and bodies of failed GMs and head coaches litter the ground....

40 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I get the logic...... If....If you are sold out on one guy and you feel that he is the true answer, you become aggressive 

If  CB and FR are sold on a guy...... make a deal

But........ don’t reach.... just to reach

For every “ Mahomes level” dudes....there are 10 -20 high potential guys that ultimately fizzle

its a high wire act with no net.....  and bodies of failed GMs and head coaches litter the ground....

I love this and feel it is so accurate for most of the fanbase.  I really like JB and feel he could develop into a franchise QB.  But I am okay if Ballard doesn't see it that way and he take a QB at 13.  Because that means he is sold on him and feels that he is the answer.  But, if he doesn't, then he is not sold on one and won't reach.  The last thing anyone wants is to be Ryan Pace with Mitch Trubrisky, lol. 

It is easy to say take the risk and draft a QB when that QB becomes Mahomes or Watson.  Not so easy to swallow when it turns into Trubrisky, Manziel, Paxton Lynch and RG3.

Take one if you love him, but don't reach so the fanbase can be happy because you just picked a QB. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one knew that Mahomes  was going to be this good. You can’t know until they play. The point is If you see the traits and IQ sometimes you have to take a risk. Nothing is guaranteed but not trying is a sure way to fail.

Mahomes was actually ordinary for three quarters of the game.  Questionable SF coaching and abandoning their running game , which was working, to ice the game left the door wide open.  I think Williams was the actual MVP but it usually goes to the QB.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Give me Teddy Bridgewater in FA and draft BPA LOT.  Bridgewater has had time now to learn from GOAT Brees and appears to have worked on his INTs ratio.  Stats seem to say he might be a little scared to run the ball and risk another injury.

IMO Bridgewater will be resigned by the Saints.

Brees is on the fence and I don't think the Saints would risk losing Bridgewater if he does decide to hang it up. 

Personally I wouldn't have a problem at all if the Colts did sign Bridgewater. 

7 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Give me Teddy Bridgewater in FA and draft BPA LOT.  Bridgewater has had time now to learn from GOAT Brees and appears to have worked on his INTs ratio.  Stats seem to say he might be a little scared to run the ball and risk another injury.

Bridgewater is my second choice if we don't trade for Carr.  It appears they are leaning towards  Hill as their backup so there is a chance he makes it to FA.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Bridgewater is my second choice if we don't trade for Carr.  It appears they are leaning towards  Hill as their backup so there is a chance he makes it to FA.

Agree with these 2 as top veteran options

We will probably just bypass QB and just get a punter :thmup: