Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burrow wants to go to team committed to winning SB

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

True. It was a pretty passionate denial by, I think, his Dad. Said he was offended that people thought they’d do that, so that statement will look pretty bad if he does.

Eh, it could go largely forgotten, 'cept by the fans of the jilted team.

After the speech Joe Burrow gave when he won the Heisman for him to not be willing to go back and play in Ohio would be an absolutely horrible PR move. This is probably just a negotiating tactic to get the most guaranteed money possible from Cincy. I would be shocked if his agent came out and said he won't play for the Bengals. Although I wouldn't blame him for doing so. That football team is mediocrity incarnate. Until someone can get that team away from Mike Brown they will continue to be mediocre. 

• Like 1

This means nothing.  He'll be happy to go ot any team, a quote that you can find in the article that this nonstory is being made from. 

As far as "pulling an Eli," that had nothing to do with going to a losing organization and everything to do with playing in the same conference as his brother.  They hated playing each other, but that's obviously impossible.  So the next best option was to not go through one another en route to a super bowl.  Completely different thing.  Burrow's candid comment is being read into WAY too much.

• Like 1

It is interesting what Carson Palmer said because Burrow is going to be training with Carson’s brother. 

I dont think it means much. I think it’s basically just something I think every number one pick would say.

Now saying that the bengals could trade that  pick and move down a few spots and still get a QB. People have mentioned how Herbert could be a better fit to play there when it’s cold because he has a stronger arm.

I don't think he meant anything by the comment, but.... If you were a player with that kind of draft value/likely the #1 pick why wouldn't you try to force a trade and make sure you didn't get stuck on a team like Cin, Cleve., etc... I don't know why any top draft pick would willingly goto a dumpster fire team without trying to get out of it. 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It is interesting what Carson Palmer said because Burrow is going to be training with Carson’s brother. 

I dont think it means much. I think it’s basically just something I think every number one pick would say.

Now saying that the bengals could trade that  pick and move down a few spots and still get a QB. People have mentioned how Herbert could be a better fit to play there when it’s cold because he has a stronger arm.

I agree with the bolded entirely.

On your last paragraph though, it seems like the kind of thing that people from other teams would say because they don't want them to make the decision to draft the best QB in the draft.  It's like when a dynasty fantasy league GM comes to me with a trade proposal and says, "You look thin at WR because your best WR is hurt for 4 weeks.  How about I trade you two middle age average, WRs for Ezekiel Elliott?" 

Like, nah bro.  I'm not going be stupid and make a detrimental long term decision just because there is a short term workaround.  Hate those trade offers (and I let them know it lol).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the video where he made these comments. This kid is so impressive. I hope the bengals do him right if that is where he goes.

I hate to say this but him going to the Bengals may ruin his career. IMO he is one hell of a prospect but going to a team like the Bengals may be doom.

• Like 1
On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hasn’t his reps said he isn’t going to pull an Eli? I mean, not that means he definitely won’t do it, but still.

Hey, I had suggested this a while ago. :) 

I still feel Mike Brown is committed to selling tickets more than he is winning a SB. The lack of free agent forays during the Palmer era plus other things should give us a glimpse of that.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate to say this but him going to the Bengals may ruin his career. IMO he is one hell of a prospect but going to a team like the Bengals may be doom.

May?

you are too kind 

Brown is hated by the Bengals fan base

He needs to bring in a football mind to change the ways

A bigger part of the issue is the free agents almost NEVER want to go there.....

• Like 1

The Bengals are sitting in the bottom half of the salary cap, so it's not like they haven't been spending money. If not spending money equates to not wanting to win a SB, the Colts have the fingered pointed at them... Bengals are spending more, but they still suck.. 

As far as the Bengals are concerned, it's just a bad team, with bad owners, and bad FO... 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The Bengals are sitting in the bottom half of the salary cap, so it's not like they haven't been spending money. If not spending money equates to not wanting to win a SB, the Colts have the fingered pointed at them... Bengals are spending more, but they still suck.. 

As far as the Bengals are concerned, it's just a bad team, with bad owners, and bad FO... 

They are spending more than us and still stink, shows you they have no clue how to run a football team.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are spending more than us and still stink, shows you they have no clue how to run a football team.

Yup. I would have no problem telling them don't draft me. Many players have wasted away on their roster.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I would have no problem telling them don't draft me. Many players have wasted away on their roster.

If Burrow goes to the Bengals I can see him not even having the career Luck had. Luck still had a very good career despite retiring early, it wasn't a great career but very good. Having said that Luck got drafted by us which is a great franchise and he still had Reggie Wayne here eventhough we were in rebuild mode. Reggie was a huge help in Luck's rookie season. I have a feeling Burrow is really going to struggle in his rookie season with a team like the Bengals, where Luck went 11-5 with us.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the video where he made these comments. This kid is so impressive. I hope the bengals do him right if that is where he goes.

This doesn't sound like anything to be fair. Just a generic answer about wanting to go to a team that wants to win. I'm not sure it was meant as any sort of a indication about his attitude towards the Bengals. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Burrow goes to the Bengals I can see him not even having the career Luck had. Luck still had a very good career despite retiring early, it wasn't a great career but very good. Having said that Luck got drafted by us which is a great franchise and he still had Reggie Wayne here eventhough we were in rebuild mode. Reggie was a huge help in Luck's rookie season. I have a feeling Burrow is really going to struggle in his rookie season with a team like the Bengals, where Luck went 11-5 with us.

Boomer, Palmer, and Dalton were all good QBs that wasted their years with Cinci. I think Burrow could look good there early, but simply die on the vine and lose passion waiting for the FO to truly improve the franchise. 

• Like 1