44 members have voted

1. 1. With the 13th Pick, The Colts Select

• Jordan Love
    • Javon Kinlaw
    • Jerry Jeudy
    • Ceedee Lamb
    • K'Lavon Chaisson
    • AJ Epenesa

If I’m a betting man, it’s between Love, Hebert, Brown and Kinlaw. There is almost zero chance imho that CB takes a wr at 13. I’ll add OT if AC retires but I kinda think the longer it drags on, he will re-sign and OT becomes a third priority. I wouldn’t be shocked 1 bit if WR isn’t a draft pick this year at all. 

I think you should have put a couple of OTs on that list.  I bet that’s higher on CB’s draft priorities than DE. Good place for some fallers too - Wirfs, Wills...heck, I see some mocks that have Thomas falling to the benefit of Wirfs, Wills, and even Becton.

• Like 2

I picked Kinlaw because I think Ballard will stay on course and build the team primarily through the draft.  Ballard " Loves them picks" so I'm starting to believe he will not trade those precious early round picks to move up for a QB.  If he wants a QB he will take one in the later rounds.  I could see him trading one pick for Carr as an example but that's about it.  I think the way he fixes the QB problem ,if not trading for Carr, is to sign Bridgewater.  The older QBs are going to want bigger contracts and I can't see Ballard doing it for one or two years.  He is not a big spender.  Bridgewater could plug in right away and at 27 could be a long term answer.  I can see him making that investment.  He doesn't want his team to be all about one player.  Bridgewater has the potential to be a very good QB if he ever gets a chance to be the guy.  Now he has the chance to pick the team that could help him exceed at the next level.  Now that it is looking like he will get to FA I think this is more of a Ballard type way of fixing a problem versus trading away future picks for a prospect.  It doesn't hurt that we have a lot of cap space either.  JMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I picked Kinlaw because I think Ballard will stay on course and build the team primarily through the draft.  Ballard " Loves them picks" so I'm starting to believe he will not trade those precious early round picks to move up for a QB.  If he wants a QB he will take one in the later rounds.  I could see him trading one pick for Carr as an example but that's about it.  I think the way he fixes the QB problem ,if not trading for Carr, is to sign Bridgewater.  The older QBs are going to want bigger contracts and I can't see Ballard doing it for one or two years.  He is not a big spender.  Bridgewater could plug in right away and at 27 could be a long term answer.  I can see him making that investment.  He doesn't want his team to be all about one player.  Bridgewater has the potential to be a very good QB if he ever gets a chance to be the guy.  Now he has the chance to pick the team that could help him exceed at the next level.  Now that it is looking like he will get to FA I think this is more of a Ballard type way of fixing a problem versus trading away future picks for a prospect.  It doesn't hurt that we have a lot of cap space either.  JMO. 

I agree with almost everything you are saying.  I think it is very likely that he doesn't move up to get a QB and take some in the mid rounds. 

I love the idea of trading a pick for Carr, but I don't think that will happen either.

I really think he is having a tough time evaluating Brissett.  I think he really likes him but he knows he did poorly this year.  But you can't just negate all the injuries.  You can't wonder what if... Funchess doesn't go down, Hilton doesn't go down, Campbell doesn't stay hurt, Ebron quits on the team, Vinny doesn't miss every important kick under the sun and finally Brissett himself doesn't get injuried and HOYER throws the game away at the dolphins.

What he does in the draft and FA will be very telling about his true feelings.  My vote would be for Kinlaw or Lamb.  I would love the idea of taking Lamb at 13 and then drafting Jalen Hurts with are 44th pick.